Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who think the shox take too many 3 pointers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9
    It's true, Murry shot better his freshman year than since then.
    Actually, that's not true. Toure's best 3-point shooting season was his sophomore season. Plus, both his sophomore and junior seasons he has shot much better from 2-point range than as a freshman (and taken a higher percentage of his attempts from 2-point range).
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker
      FWIW

Attended a dinner / awards ceremony at Koch Tuesday night. We left at 8:30 and I poked my head in the gym. There was one player still there. Toure was drenched in sweat working on his ball handling and pull up jumpers.

I was impressed with the work ethic. This is his year to make it happen!

:wsu_posters:
      When I read this post I don't see where your post fit, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
        Originally posted by jcdshocker
        FWIW

Attended a dinner / awards ceremony at Koch Tuesday night. We left at 8:30 and I poked my head in the gym. There was one player still there. Toure was drenched in sweat working on his ball handling and pull up jumpers.

I was impressed with the work ethic. This is his year to make it happen!

:wsu_posters:
        When I read this post I don't see where your post fit, that's all.
        I guess my post was that Toure is working hard to make himself better. I am a huge Toure fan. I was impressed that he was still in the gym at 8:30 at night. Basically giving props to the young man for the extra effort.

Comment

I guess we're in sunshineville together.

Comment

Toure's biggest issue has been shot selection. The reason his 3pt percentage is below where it should be is that he forces too many of them. I don't care how many 3's are taken by the team. As long as they're good shots within the flow. Toure isn't the only one that does it, but he's supposed to be the leader and we can't be having that.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              Toure's biggest issue has been shot selection. The reason his 3pt percentage is below where it should be is that he forces too many of them. I don't care how many 3's are taken by the team. As long as they're good shots within the flow. Toure isn't the only one that does it, but he's supposed to be the leader and we can't be having that.
              :yes:

Comment

Toure is at his best when someone else is guiding the ship and he plays within the confines of the offense. With Ragland being the guy this year, I expect Toure to have a great year.

Comment

While no doubt TM will be attempting 3's, I think the article is saying that the frontcourt players lack the size to really maintain a downlow presence. However, have the athletic ability and perimeter shooting skills to go out and start shootin' the 3. I think we are going to start seeing more 3's from our forwards more often than we are used to.

Comment

I think KC nailed it in that Blair and Ellis were weren't jacking threes. White and Anacreon will probably have the green light. On the other hand, I don't expect Hall to shoot outside the paint unless the ref hands him ball at the stripe.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                      Toure is at his best when someone else is guiding the ship and he plays within the confines of the offense. With Ragland being the guy this year, I expect Toure to have a great year.
                      Toure is in the gym most nights shooting, that alone translates into more makes.Ragland running the point with confidence is a welcome site that Toure, and most shocker fans, including myself have been waiting for.Now we will see him at at his best.Toure has come full circle as a player, which I think will help him be the stud 2 guard we've always hope for .I think all his numbers across the board will increase.The only question is, will those numbers be enough to translate into a championship?

Comment

Re: For those who think the shox take too many 3 pointers...

Originally posted by 150946shox
                        "What bothers me is some people can't take fair constructive criticism for what it's worth."

Personally, I would consider "constructive criticism" as being criticism given directly to somebody in an effort to help, not anonymous opinions shared on a message board. I'm not arguing who's right or wrong concerning Toure Murry, just saying that I don't understand how expressing opinions on this board could be construed as giving constructive criticism to either the player or team.
                        Like others have mentioned, I don't think WSU players or coaches will be getting advice from here. So maybe it isn't constructive criticism. I dunno what you would call it. But it is my opinion and it may not be popular to some because it's "negative", but it's definitely valid, as others have not been able to fire back any counter options to it. They just get mad and pout.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                          I doubt the coach or players consult our board for player critique or criticism. I use a board to discuss issues with fellow fans. Knowing this I expect various degrees of opinions. If only positive opinions were expressed this board wouldnt be worth visiting.

To many people slam SF because he is SF. I like to think fans like SF give color to our board.

Just my opinion, for what its worth
                          Thank you.

I can't stand some of the sunshine pumpers that frequent the board at times, but I realize they have an opinion.

And you're right. Everything that is hunky-dory all the time becomes stale and boring and in a way, communistic.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            I doubt the coach or players consult our board for player critique or criticism. I use a board to discuss issues with fellow fans. Knowing this I expect various degrees of opinions. If only positive opinions were expressed this board wouldnt be worth visiting.

To many people slam SF because he is SF. I like to think fans like SF give color to our board.

Thank you.

I can't stand some of the sunshine pumpers that frequent the board at times, but I realize they have an opinion.

And you're right. Everything that is hunky-dory all the time becomes stale and boring and in a way, communistic.
                            The negativity is equally borish. It's fine to critisize and I don't think many would disagree that Murry's shot has been less than expected to this point in his career (espescially after his freshman heroics). shockerfan made the same criticism that you made, however, he did it in a non-offensive way, however, you continue to feel the need to lay it out there as a personal attack. Your comments are those that I would expect from a 13 year old going through teen angst and that is why people grow tired of them quickly...just some constructive criticism.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I'm going to give Murry the benefit of the doubt and attribute last year's shooting to the fact that he had to be the PG in the beginning of the season.

Murry is an adequate PG, but I think that concentrating on what he had to do from that position took away from his concentration on shooting. That led to the loss of some confidence in his shot, which took some time to regain.

This year I think Murry will be 2-3 combo instead of a 1-2 combo. 2-3 seems to be more natural for Murry's game. It should be easier for Murry to gain confidence in his shot (and his drives to the hoop) as a 2-3.

I'm not worried.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                                Originally posted by ShockerFever

Thank you.

The negativity is equally borish. It's fine to critisize and I don't think many would disagree that Murry's shot has been less than expected to this point in his career (espescially after his freshman heroics). shockerfan made the same criticism that you made, however, he did it in a non-offensive way, however, you continue to feel the need to lay it out there as a personal attack. Your comments are those that I would expect from a 13 year old going through teen angst and that is why people grow tired of them quickly...just some constructive criticism.
                                Are you saying that I'm negative "all the time"? You might wanna go back and re-read some of the 10,000 posts I have accumulated on here. If you're gonna go on the attack, at least be accurate in doing so.

And how was my post a "personal attack"? Seriously?... :roll:

When TM does good things, I give him credit. When I see what I have been seeing for a while now, I'll let ya know about it.

If you insist that I'm a constant negative poster, which I'm not, then you will always have sunshine to help balance it out on here. And if you can't handle my posts, just kindly skip over them every time you see my name pop up. I'm not holding you at gunpoint to read them.

And this is yet another post, where the poster wastes their entire post about me and offers no counter points to the original post I made. That's when you know you're ahead..
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X