Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Fell asleep in the first half
    2. Best AM has been. He belonged.
    3. Jay Floots is an arrogant little *****.
    4. I would like never having another 6 PM start.
    5. F Billy Tubbs and the TO's out on the court.
    6. Stopped at Burger Fi prior. Dry, flavorless, barely warm.
    7. I hate winter.
    8. Big finish, fun second half.
    9. We weren't very good, but we were good enuff
    10. Player rotation waaaay different tonight

Comment

• IndianaShocker
      IndianaShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Start time was clearly designed around UCONN's fan base. Can't blame ESPN...New England was the target market and rightfully so. Still, I cringed the moment I saw it was 6:00 Wichita time

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      There's going to be a lot of those 6pm and 8pm games when they're on ESPN.

If you want a 7pm game, it'll have to be on YurView or maybe CBS Sports Network.

• Give SHJ a break. We don’t win without him tonight. He played 36 minutes with 2 turnovers. Went 7 for 16, 4 for 9 from 3, 3 rebounds. Had a great assist to Mittgard for a dunk and hit the game winning shot. Man some of you guys are unrealistic. He is not perfect but he played a good game tonight.

Comment

• ArtVandalay
      ArtVandalay commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it was SHJ passing to Burton who then kicked it to AM for the slam.

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
    SHJ has zero BBIQ, just a shooting machine and that’s all. At the 15 minute mark MM and SHJ combined for 0-5 consecutive attempts. Extremely selfish ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
      I'll offset the SHJ joy a bit. Our seniors were 12-33 from the field. At least 2 of those shots we were lucky they go in. Happy they go in, but very very fortunate.
      Did they shoot better than the rest of the team?

Comment

• Majority of the posts in this thread didn’t age well, to put it kindly.

It’s okay, if I was able to post during the game mine wouldn’t have either.

Comment

• shoxlax
          shoxlax commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the posts declaring “this team is trash”. Not that they have been playing like trash or are currently playing like trash but instead a constant steady state never changing trash.

Just a wonderful display of insight. Probably the same guy that said we needed to cut six players.

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps a bipolar team begets a bipolar fan base. They do push you to the brink at times

• Mr. Pickle
          Mr. Pickle commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll admit I was one who said something similar to the above. It was a knee-jerk reaction to poor play and a frustrating season. Not my finest moment, but I am always quick to give credit and praise for good play.

I've watched this program in some really good times and some really bad ones. I have never proclaimed that a player or coach should leave, including this year. I have supported this team both monetarily and with my viewership as much as I possibly could this year, and will continue to do so.

I overreacted.

• Agree with everyone who has said AM played his best game. Busted his tail all night, really good defensively. Difference maker.

At around the 500 minute of the 2nd half we came down and reversed the ball from our bench across the floor and as the ball swung around, UCONN freshman Sidney Wilson threw a forearm shiver towards the back of the head of AM. From my vantage point I thought it was a clear F2 but on replay it wasn't that bad. Still, he intended to whack a kid, from behind, and that's uncalled for.....it was not as bad as I screamed about and I apologize to newshock1234 for making him listen for 15 minutes.

Did anyone see Coach Hurley and Gregg talking to each other during the game? It seemed like it was heading for a repeat of the UCONN Tulsa incident. Coach Hurley has to be talked to...he's nowhere near the coaches box. At the end of the game he went from 4 feet on the floor, past the baseline to the halfcourt line....closer to Gregg's box than anything. That's out of line.

TVTeddy had maybe his best game EVER....he was dynamite. The other 2 needed some help. Thought Gilbert's 3 was a 4 live, watching replay not sure. Could have been an illegal screen (never going to call that one).

I can't believe how bad we were for stretches, but I think more so, how much our pressure, which should NOT have affected them (they are so much quicker and faster than we are) absolutely blew them up in the last 12 minutes or so.

Crowd was decent. A little thin for my taste but hell, I couldn't give away most of the 14 extra I ended up with. Only used 11 of them I think. But one little kid, in town to see some doctors, from Toronto (a Freddy fan) got to see his first college game and LOVED it. So worth it.

Happy for SHJ. Games are tough to win in this conference...take 'em any way you can get 'em.

Comment

• Are you asking me or just commenting on the fact that they didn't shoot the ball well either. :wsu_posters:I make no apologies for my statement of facts. My point is TEAM basketball beats one on one 99% of the time and I enjoy - correction - LOVE to watch team basketball. The Shox do not do this particularly well. It historically does not return favorable or desired results, nor is it enjoyable to watch. Happy for the win. :wsu_posters:

Comment

• JVShocker
            JVShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Apologies, I was just responding to Shockingbuttrue. Though his question may have been rhetorical. :)

• I wanna know who took the game ball after the horribly timed musical chairs time-out? There were some people panicking.

I’m a traditionalist and prefer the home whites.

I was a ‘bad fan’ towards the end; sorry I just couldn’t hang... the first half took most of the wind out of my sails, and the comeback totally drained me. Hope I don’t need to go to Galachia.

Still a lot of work to be done, but I like the effort.

I’m with Pin, don’t like the 6pm start.

Pinch myself again, we just played UCONN on our home floor in a league game; it’s surreal to this old fart. These are the days my friends.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            I wanna know who took the game ball after the horribly timed musical chairs time-out? There were some people panicking.

I’m a traditionalist and prefer the home whites.

I was a ‘bad fan’ towards the end; sorry I just couldn’t hang... the first half took most of the wind out of my sails, and the comeback totally drained me. Hope I don’t need to go to Galachia.

Still a lot of work to be done, but I like the effort.

I’m with Pin, don’t like the 6pm start.

Pinch myself again, we just played UCONN on our home floor in a league game; it’s surreal to this old fart. These are the days my friends.
            You'll never be a bad fan my friend. Why don't like 6pm?

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              It rushes me too much and that’s usually dinner time; not a fan of 8pm either... 7pm just works better. No biggie, I’ll adjust anytime for national tv.

• 3 really when you count the 2 ft bail out on MM's 16' ft post up/fade away MM

Comment

• Considering Dexter didn't really participate in warmups (I was suspecting illness) he played a lot of minutes. I'm giving a toughness award.
              Wish Jamarius had made the dunk. Would have really lit up the arena.
              Thought the crowd was pretty good considering most had to be awakened after the first half.
              Who'd they give defensive player of the game to?
              Thought the Jamarius to Dexter inbounds fiasco might do us in. Good foul by Dexter.
              Without defending poor offense in the first half it did seem like a lot of shots were halfway down and wouldn't stay.
              Watching the replay of Samajae's game winner you can see Teddy in the background. Looks like he thought it was good from the get go. Really didn't realize Samajae was floating as much in real time.
              Happy 300th birthday! (Did I get that right?)
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                AM was defensive player of the game.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              1. Fell asleep in the first half
              2. Best AM has been. He belonged.
              3. Jay Floots is an arrogant little *****.
              4. I would like never having another 6 PM start.
              5. F Billy Tubbs and the TO's out on the court.
              6. Stopped at Burger Fi prior. Dry, flavorless, barely warm.
              7. I hate winter.
              8. Big finish, fun second half.
              9. We weren't very good, but we were good enuff
              10. Player rotation waaaay different tonight
              11. Duff is really good at FT's
              12. I would T up a coach for outa the box very early in the game, every game
              13, I HATE not having replay

Comment

• Quick Hitters:
                1. As someone who once set an alarm in Australia to wake up at 3am to watch a home game (Cincy last year) on my cell phone in the bathroom (because that’s where the connection was best), I would like to take more credit than SHJ for this win. I forgot about it, wasn’t at home, and didn’t get to watch until 10-12 minutes left. I have no idea what you guys are talking about as far as execution. Everybody was fantastic! I'm just glad I could contribute.
                1. I have a foot in both camps as far as wishing the seniors would shoot fewer (and better) shots, but…
                1. As soon as SHJ got that look I liked it (not as an optimal shot, but a really good look for one ball handler and 6 seconds). For lefties, fading to your right keeps the elbow in and additional touch on the distance. Plus, when you’re trying to get off a runner toward the baseline, the angle closes more slowly for the shooting hand that is closest to midcourt (think LeBron’s off-glass game winner runner to his left in the playoffs). Same on D – shade the dominant direction on the ground and the nondominant in the air if toward the baseline… UConn didn’t… or couldn’t because of SHJ’s quickness and separation ability… BUCKET! Good for that young man in his hometown.
                1. To the announcer that exclaimed “BY THE HAMMER OF… ASBJONER!” – it’s not that kind of party, man. It’s not Chinese, learn the name.
                1. That on ball screen foul call on AM was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Although when I rewound the possession, he had set a series of really marginal not-quite-callable but still somewhat sliding on-ball screen fouls to target the defensive guard. It seemed like an accumulation foul for the sentiment of “I wanted to blow the whistle on you 3 times in the last 15 seconds so now I’m going to for no apparent reason”. My question for ShockRef or others is whether this is a reasonable dynamic.
                1. Shame on Gilbert and Hurley/UConn for taking away a 4 on 5 possession because of CRAMPS. Call a timeout, but don’t act like you blew out your knee. I hate to admit that TV Ted made the right call, but I ran it back 3 times and thought the kid might have popped his MCL. If you're hurt, you're hurt. But when college basketball goes the way of European soccer to where you're willing to lie/cheat/steal to get a possession - at least until the trainer comes out with the magic spray can - I'm out.
                1. JB – if you can come within an eighth of an inch of punching one on two guys’ heads in traffic (which was big time), you can easily earn to get a quick, 2 foot plant, 24-30 inch elevation on a 15 foot jumper. It will change your world on the break - nobody to guard the shot, and you're releasing it from 9 feet with a much better angle. Top of the list for offseason, and I look forward to seeing you on all-conference teams for the remainder of your career in Wichita.
                1. I couldn’t see the pure angles of the sideline refs, but that heave by Gilbert made me wince and think it was an and-one foul also. I hope TV Ted and the basketball gods had a little attack of conscience from the "cramps turnover" and gave us a makeup in not making the easy-wrong call there.
                Last edited by Good News; February 28, 2019, 10:48 PM. Reason: Drafted in word so use your imagination on the numbers!

Comment

• shoxtop
                  shoxtop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1. .. well the last 1 anyway.... Watch the replay. Zero contact. Emmy for the flop though... speaking of European soccer, let’s not reward that effort!

• We shot significantly worse from the field and the 3-line than UConn. We only got 4 points from our bench. Did I just attend a 2-point win...by us? Crazy game my friends, crazy game.

Comment

• Let me tell ya, despite all the losses, I am enjoying the HELL out of this season. Every single game has been miles better than Valley play. It's only going to get better.

Comment

Working...
                  X