No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs UConn Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see Gilbert recover from his severed leg to make those 3s!

All for naught, though.
    The Assman

Comment

• Giving credit where credit is due, MM and SHJ won this game down the stretch.

Is that really so hard to do?.

Comment

• McDuffie and Dennis were ice cold today. Probably had something to do with their defense, bu this is why Burton must be able to shoot. Him passing up wide open shots is a really bad look. As for Dennis, he’s got to play with more energy on offense and exert himself when the outside shots aren’t falling.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          Giving credit where credit is due, MM and SHJ won this game down the stretch.

Is that really so hard to do?.
          They also took their turns making this a game, when we could've separated throughout most of it.

Shouldn't have needed a buzzer beater to begin with.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• When reading and posting on a fan message board, it should be no surprise that there are a lot of fans who feel the players they are a fan of can do no wrong. Let’s just enjoy the moment and let the dead horse go unbeaten for a night.

Comment

• This team is growing up. Baby steps still. We don’t win this game a month ago. UConn gave cincy all they wanted Sunday. Great win!

Comment

• I am so glad we won. The guys played better in the second half. And for all the grief SHJ takes on this board it's good to see him have sucess. I think this is the 3rd time this year he has hit a big shot down the stretch to win a game. I can't think of the first one but I remember JE said I knew he would hit the shot when he dribbled the ball. It was a 3pointer. Now this game and the SMU game.

Still I just wish our guys would play smarter down the stretch. The three turnovers in the final three minutes almost did us in. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                  I'll offset the SHJ joy a bit. Our seniors were 12-33 from the field. At least 2 of those shots we were lucky they go in. Happy they go in, but very very fortunate.
                  And the rest of the team was 9-29... Your point?
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• AndShock
                    AndShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are we praising them for going 9/29? No....because that would be stupid.

• JVShocker
                    JVShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I guess my point is that I enjoy watching team basketball. I don't like what is referred to on SN as hero ball. Our seniors had 3 assists. Total. How many forced shots between them? 12?

• proshox
                    proshox commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hard to get assists when the remaining guys go 9-29 and pass up a ton of open looks generated from the seniors.

I would love for our seniors to only take wide-open looks, but this team doesn’t generate easy shots for them and most of the other guys have to be spoon fed to score at this point in their careers. Burton is going to be one hell of a player when he starts shooting all his open looks with confidence (the rest of his game is awesome).

• If this squad can finish at .500, or dare i say even sweep our last 3...it would be HUGE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    McDuffie and Dennis were ice cold today. Probably had something to do with their defense, bu this is why Burton must be able to shoot. Him passing up wide open shots is a really bad look. As for Dennis, he’s got to play with more energy on offense and exert himself when the outside shots aren’t falling.
                    Totally agree. And I wish JE would stop fouling so much. For all he does he could do more if he played smarter. Sometimes he drives me crazy because he seems like he is not focused. JE dunk the effing ball.

Comment

• Always good to win when not at our best. Thats a good sign.

Only the 2nd time Uconn has lost after leading at halftime this year.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

And the rest of the team was 9-29... Your point?
                        ​​​​​​
                        Here we go some more. Another one shows up.

At least most of their shots had some chance of going in. The seniors took A LOT of bad shots that had literally no chance of going in and were essentially turnovers.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                          Do we ever have a good outcome when SHJ holds the ball for a last shot?
                          1 SMU
                          2 tonight

Comment

• Sunday is a huge game. Two games where we will be the favorite to close out the regular season. Reasonable chance to get to 10 conference wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                              1 SMU
                              2 tonight
                              Yeah I forgot about SMU....but the actual comment was more meant about the possession before and numerous times at the half, etc. But Im happy for him and the Shox.

Comment

Working...
                              X