No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs UConn Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty happy with a little JUCO ball tonight ;-)!
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Teams can learn how to win. SMU, Tulsa, tonight is all stuff I hope they carry into next season. Just win baby!
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I noticed after SHJ's game winner, Markis ran over and gave him a hug, but no high five. Can any of the body language experts here tell me what that means regarding his leadership?

Comment

• shockem#78-65
          shockem#78-65 commented
          Editing a comment
          all love my dude, MM definitely caring more about the win than anything else

• wufan
          wufan commented
          Editing a comment
          Asbjorn was running after SHJ too! I thought he was going to go all Andre the Giant on him.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Here we go some more. Another one shows up.

At least most of their shots had some chance of going in. The seniors took A LOT of bad shots that had literally no chance of going in and were essentially turnovers.
        Basically you think 50%of the shots SHJ and MM take are bad, regardless of reality and all the others take are great also regardless of reality. But lets assume this premise. So I'm supposed to be wanting more "good" shots from players who consistently can't shoot better than these other players despite them taking all these "bad" shots. Interesting. Sounds like a good game plan. All these shots that the others took that had a chance to go in all the time sure don't happen that often. Weird.

Comment

• Happy for the team, much better 2nd half the ball movement was better. Agree that Burton has to be willing to take open shots and eventually I think he will. Mitguard keeps showing he has a place on this team and keeps improving. SHJ hits another clutch shot, despite it all you have to be happy for the kid. Coach will definitely remember 300. Happy Birthday Coach!

Comment

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            In terms of aggressiveness, I thought it was AM's best game as a shocker.

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Basically you think 50%of the shots SHJ and MM take are bad, regardless of reality and all the others take are great also regardless of reality. But lets assume this premise. So I'm supposed to be wanting more "good" shots from players who consistently can't shoot better than these other players despite them taking all these "bad" shots. Interesting. Sounds like a good game plan. All these shots that the others took that had a chance to go in all the time sure don't happen that often. Weird.
          Basically all 100% of Shocks comments are bad...try ignore makes it a whole lot better

Comment

• I thought Mitgard played his tail off. At the beginning of the season - I wondered if he would be around next season. What a turnaround.

DD had some huge rebounds

Burton has got to shoot when he's open

The entire team is playing with a lot more energy. I'm proud of these guys.

Nice win !!!

Go Shox !!!

Comment

• shoxtop
              shoxtop commented
              Editing a comment
              Post of the thread. The rest of the drama is just that... well stated moshock

• Lots of issues, but wins are tough to come by this year. Not knocking any win.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Hey I can spin it right back at cha bub.

So you think it's better to play chuck-a-duck and shoot shots that have no chance of going in and are essentially turnovers? A lot of shots that MM and SHJ take have no offensive rebounders present and often time result in quick offensive series and scores by the opposition. It has happened countless times throughout the year.

The seniors have reached their ceiling. They aren't getting any better. Meanwhile, the freshmen have tons of upside and will improve. Why not give them more opportunities? Not to mention, the youngsters make more shots when they get good feeds from their teammates. Maybe concentrate on passing the ball more instead of having to throw up junk without an offense and maybe they start making a few more?

You're hopeless. Don't start this fight tonight. Enjoy the win and move on.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post

Basically all 100% of Shocks comments are bad...try ignore makes it a whole lot better
                If WSU loses tonight, this guy doesn't show up.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Lots of blame to pass around as to why we stunk so bad for the first 2/3 of the game. As for the seniors, it doesn’t help when our offense is stagnant for 20 seconds then Burton dishes off to Dennis or Stevenson, who then fumble the ball and shuttle it to SHJ or McDuffie to try to throw up a prayer with the shot clock winding down. It was brutal to watch until we started pressing on defense.

Comment

• ShockCrazy
                    ShockCrazy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah the offense was especially brutal. There were more than a handful of times where a freshman was in the cutting lane of another player who was actually about to come open. One brutal one was Markis was cutting off a nice screen off the ball from I believe Asbjorn and for some reason JB was cutting across the middle of the paint... Away from the ball... Right into the backside action.

• ShockerFever
                    ShockerFever commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Offense was all the underclassmen's fault; seniors were fault-free.

• ShockCrazy
                    ShockCrazy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    While I appreciate the rent free living space in your head I never said that. Yes sometimes seniors made mistakes too, but the freshman do it a lot. And that's just a fact, Marshall's system isn't easy and it's probably nothing like what they ran before, it's always been this way. Markis wasn't much better his freshman year and he played with 4 seniors.

• That’s was about as Dr Jekyll, Mr Hyde as I’ve ever seen.

Comment

• Anybody else notice one of the UCONN assistants go after one of the other assistants at the end of the game. He was livid as in "I told you so"!
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I saw one of them slam a clipboard to the ground right at the end

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Anybody else notice one of the UCONN assistants go after one of the other assistants at the end of the game. He was livid as in "I told you so"!
                    On the tv, I saw an assistant slam his papers down as they were showing Gilbert on the bench after the game ended.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• BTW. If we ever have a zebra crew that calls carrys JB is gonna have to sit out the whole game. Dude turns it over all the time. Just sayin.

Comment

• pinstripers
                        pinstripers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He does it a lot

• shoxtop
                        shoxtop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sadly, that’s the game today. Mix that with driving spins in the paint, the “euro step”, and the “roll on the ground until you find a teammate to pass to” and I struggle to recognize basketball
                    Working...
                    X