X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox
    Originally posted by Rosewood
    If you are happy about the win against a not-so-good LSU team, then that's fine. However, Shox fans who think that this win represents a turnaround in the season and a taste of better things to come for this year, then I think you are sadly mistaken.

This team still shot 2 - 19 from the 3 pt. line and are a combined 10 for 65 the past three games (15 percent). The percentages will say you will not win very many games shooting 15 percent from the trey.

Let's hope the Shox can carry the momentum from this game into the UAB game. And here's hoping the Shox fans will be even more frenzied and gettin' in UAB's ears.
    KC, you didn't even watch the game. How are you going to come in here and comment about the 2-19 w/o seeing it in context?
    Do I really need to watch the game to make a determination that this team, up to this point, has sucked it up beyond the arc? Are you trying to tell me that LSU did something special tonight that no other team that Shox have faced to make them shoot 2 for 19? This team has sucked beyond the arc the past three games, and for the season are shooting 56 for 197 - that's a 28 percent clip.

Don't freakin' tell me that I have no basis to make an observation, the numbers speak for themselves.
    KC I've been out of the game for months but you were so predictable I covered your reply in my edit before you even made the reply. To quote myself, "E: 2-19 speaks for itself except when it doesn't. How is that for coach speak? 14 of those missed 3s were wide open shots that you would always say "take that" by players you want taking those shots. The other 3 were shot clock shots. "

Comment

If you are happy about the win against a not-so-good LSU team, then that's fine. However, Shox fans who think that this win represents a turnaround in the season and a taste of better things to come for this year, then I think you are sadly mistaken.

This team still shot 2 - 19 from the 3 pt. line and are a combined 10 for 65 the past three games (15 percent). The percentages will say you will not win very many games shooting 15 percent from the trey.

Let's hope the Shox can carry the momentum from this game into the UAB game. And here's hoping the Shox fans will be even more frenzied and gettin' in UAB's ears.
      KC, you didn't even watch the game. How are you going to come in here and comment about the 2-19 w/o seeing it in context?
      Do I really need to watch the game to make a determination that this team, up to this point, has sucked it up beyond the arc? Are you trying to tell me that LSU did something special tonight that no other team that Shox have faced to make them shoot 2 for 19? This team has sucked beyond the arc the past three games, and for the season are shooting 56 for 197 - that's a 28 percent clip.

Don't freakin' tell me that I have no basis to make an observation, the numbers speak for themselves.
      KC I've been out of the game for months but you were so predictable I covered your reply in my edit before you even made the reply. To quote myself, "E: 2-19 speaks for itself except when it doesn't. How is that for coach speak? 14 of those missed 3s were wide open shots that you would always say "take that" by players you want taking those shots. The other 3 were shot clock shots. "
      So what is your point? I'm still trying to figure out what 'context' has anything to do with......anything. You make or miss a basket, it is a 50/50 deal. It isn't rocket science and whether or not LSU had a hand in a face or gave wide open shots, it doesn't take away the fact that this team has shot poorly not only this game, but for the entire season thus far.

You covered my reply by the way because you read your ridiculous post and found holes in your arguement. You still didn't make a point. Perhaps you are thinking too hard. What is so hard to understand 2 for 19, 4 for 17, 4 for 29, the past three games. Why are you trying to justify this by saying I need to consider all the variables?

Comment

KC, we win by 20 over a SEC team after two bad losses and you come here with your typical nasty dribble.

Comment

This LSU team isn't that bad? Have you looked at their schedule and results to this point?

KC, you certainly are a class act! Are you trying to act like an idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
            KC, we win by 20 over a SEC team after two bad losses and you come here with your typical nasty dribble.

Get lost butt wipe.
            Quoted post removed
            Just a quick question. Did you watch or listen to the the game last night?

Comment

Look, I have to agree with KC here. And I don't always agree with his position. But alot of fans really need to take the tinted glasses off take a step back and look. The Shox played a great game last night, and perhaps outside of the 3pt shooting it was about perfect. But this team is way too inconsistent right now.

Its fine to be happy with this win, I know I am, its hell of a lot better than a loss. But its going to be up and down this year, unless we fix the outside shooting, and are more consistent on both ends of the floor.

Comment

KC getting blasted for having a valid point. There's something new.

I posted something last night about them only being 2-19 from the arc and got blasted too. Yes they won. That's great. But you aren't gonna keep winning when you only shoot 33% from the field and 11% from 3. And if, like Rosewood said, they were wide open 3s, then why in the hell are they only making 11%? It's time to quit shooting them if they can't hit the open ones.

We'll have to see how Saturday turns out before people have the right to blast those that have been negative. And for those that think this game fixed everything, you're sadly mistaken.

Comment

I take it for what it is... a nice win. Exactly what the team needed at this point (and probably even more importantly, what us fans needed--a morale booster after those 2 embarrasing efforts) and something to continue building on.

The truth is, this isn't our year. This team will be up and down as they learn a new system and get used to the coach. We also don't have a ton of talent at this juncture or size or athleticism. That's not to put a lid on their potential--heck, no one knows what they have in them, but it was good to see they had it in them to step up to the plate and do what had to be done last night.

One thing Marshall said in his interview with Mike Kennedy last night that made me smile, is that what we saw tonight as far as style, tempo, etc... is what will become the NORM in the months and years to come. I don't know about you, but I had a great time watching the team play last night--regardless of who we were playing. If LSU isn't very good (which it certainly looks that way), we simply did what we needed to do to defeat a lesser team--which is encouraging.

I'm just going to enjoy this one, and look forward to watching the team grow. We have an excellent coach who will accomplish great things for us in the future. For cryin' out loud--he's won 200 games, which isn't a small feat.

SHOCKER FANS NEED TO COME OUT ON SATURDAY AND MAKE SOME NOISE. UAB IS NO SLOUCH AND WE NEED TO MAINTAIN OUR REPUTATION AS SOME OF THE GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL. I THINK LSU KNOWS ALL ABOUT THAT NOW.

Comment

How's this for a "negative nancy" post:

Prior to last night, the last two MVC coaches to defeat LSU left for other jobs at the end of the year in which they defeated LSU. :whistle:

Now to clarify, I'm not implying anything with regard to HCGM. I just realized the funny coincidence between McDermott and Turgeon.

Comment

I don't see anyone asking WHY they're missing the 3's. Most of them are wide open, and I know that to get out of a slump you've got to keep shooting. I don't see how you can ask them to stop shooting 3's when they're that wide open. I want to know why they're missing them. Are they tired? Is it a lack of confidence? What is it. I too fat and slow to play basketball, so I don't have the shooter's mentality.

Comment

There were three 3-point attempts I didn't like last night:

The first one by PT. He wasn't that open. The 2nd one was awfully early in the shot clock but I'll give the benefit of the doubt since he was more open that time.

An attempt by Mekel during a "secondary break" in transition. He had a guy pretty close that nearly got to the ball.

Mekel in the 2nd half when he dribbled around a high screen. He just wasn't as open as he thought he was going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          Mekel in the 2nd half when he dribbled around a high screen. He just wasn't as open as he thought he was going to be.
                          And Marshall ripped his @$$ HARD for that one.

Comment

The thing I was impressed with most, was this was the biggest and most athletic team we had played, and even with the first like 4 shots being sent back to them, they continued to fight and go inside. RC, PT, JTD, all made adjustments, and PJ, Gal, and even MG were taking it to them. Brauer went into the land of the trees a couple times, and scored!

Now, I haven't been able to watch all the games so far, but I'm wondering if we had played this 3/4 to FC Zone and 2-3 zone much up until last night?

Comment

We actually shot 40 percent from the field.

The only complaint I have about last night is the poor perimenter shooting.

I dont care if its against a bad LSU team or North highs JV team a win is a win.

Comment

We need to RELAX! Good or bad the LSU win is a good win, Mon., Tx. Ar. and UMKC are bad loses! Simple as that. This year is a learning year and we should not get too high or low. Lets take all the wins we can get and make a run in STL. :posterwu:

Comment

Working...
                                X