No announcement yet.

Dear Negative Nancies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it kind of amusing and sad that some posters, radio callers, and radio hosts keep referring to Marshall's philosophy as 'if you have an open three, take it...' No such words have been uttered by him and that is simply not his position.
    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
      I find it kind of amusing and sad that some posters, radio callers, and radio hosts keep referring to Marshall's philosophy as 'if you have an open three, take it...' No such words have been uttered by him and that is simply not his position.
      You noticed that also.

Comment

Just thought we needed some stats for perspective:

'06 season Shocks shot 36.6% from 3 with 18.5 shots per game
        '07 36.6% 19.3
        '08 28.4% 19.7

In 4 games this season 10/82 that's 20.5 per game @12%
        In 6 games this season 46/115 that's 19 per game @40%

Seems like consistant attempts this year to previous. What's not consistant is the %. So do you abandon the perimeter? Odds are the averages will will swing in the Shocks favor at some point and hopefully become, well, more average.

Discuss!
        :posterwu:
        :yes:

Comment

Last Year from 3pt Line WSU was (2008 in parenthesis)

<20% - 7 games (3)
          20-25% - 1 games (1)
          25-30% - 0 games (1)
          30-35% - 5 games (1)
          35-40% - 4 games (2)
          40-45% - 7 games (1)
          >50% - 7 games (1)

The 2007 - 7 games less than 20% was: 14%, 0%, 19%, 18%, 17%, 20%, 20%

Comment

Greg Marshall, after the UTA game:

"We're going to take wide-open shots as long as we're pretty good shooters. I didn't see too many bad ones. That's my philosophy," Marshall said. "Tonight, it just didn't go in."
            He could have said nearly the exact same thing after the LSU game.

Made an edit after I found the quote.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
              Actually, I'm pretty sure I've heard him say he doesn't want his players passing up wide open shots in one of his press conferences. I've been to all his press conferences at Koch, so I'm nearly 100% sure I remember him saying this.

In fact, I found what he said:

"We're going to take wide-open shots as long as we're pretty good shooters. I didn't see too many bad ones. That's my philosophy," Marshall said. "Tonight, it just didn't go in."

That was after the UTA game. He could have said nearly the exact same thing after the LSU game.
              i'm glad you found that quote.

i didn't know what those other two were talking about...

i heard him say that was his philosphy in the conference and on coachs talk show thingy after the (UTA) game.
              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Do some of the fans here overreact to a win or loss? Of course there are some who think we'll win the valley after a win, or it's doom and gloom after a loss. But there's no need to call anyone doubting nancys. Hey they're just passionate about the Shocks. Just appreciate their passion. Myself, I'm an old fart and have seen a LOT of ups and downs in various teams I follow, so generally I stay fairly level and don't get too up or down, especially with a new coach and a new system. Everyone's different though.

"Wouldn't it be a real shame if we were all the same." Peter Green -(Fleetwood Mac)

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                  Originally posted by BA2929
                  Actually, I'm pretty sure I've heard him say he doesn't want his players passing up wide open shots in one of his press conferences. I've been to all his press conferences at Koch, so I'm nearly 100% sure I remember him saying this.

In fact, I found what he said:

That was after the UTA game. He could have said nearly the exact same thing after the LSU game.
                  i'm glad you found that quote.

i didn't know what those other two were talking about...

i heard him say that was his philosphy in the conference and on coachs talk show thingy after the (UTA) game.
                  If you listened to his post-game show after LSU he said the he wanted his open looks from 3pt land to be from "inside-out". I'm assuming that he's implying that he wants the ball inside before a 3 pointer is ever taken.

I have no idea whether that means he's modifying his philosphy or making it clearer (maybe to make sure there are no half court shots - "but coach I was open".

Comment

Yes, that is what he said in the post game show, but I took that with the understanding that he knew the team was not hitting outside shots lately in the previous games, so he imployed that strategy to get the best possible results, which, I believe, obviously, was the way to go.

On a lighter note, has any team members challenged Kellian lately at that video game that he is so good at?

Comment

Speaking of team members, has anybody heard how PJ is doing? He was supposed to be evaluated again on Thursday morning with regards to his concussion that he suffered at the UMKC game.

:poster_cooz:
                      "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
                      --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                        Originally posted by KC Shox
                        Originally posted by ABC
                        KC, we win by 20 over a SEC team after two bad losses and you come here with your typical nasty dribble.

Get lost butt wipe.
                        Quoted post removed
                        Just a quick question. Did you watch or listen to the the game last night?
                        KC Shox,

Just a quick question. Did you watch or listen to the the LSU/WSU game?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                          KC, we win by 20 over a SEC team after two bad losses and you come here with your typical nasty dribble.

Get lost butt wipe.
                          Quoted post removed
                          KC Shox,

No, as I've mentioned in a prior post. I am currently in Tulsa for business and went to the mall to go X'mas shopping because I will be here until X'mas day where I will be driving up the morning of.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC

Get lost butt wipe.
                            Quoted post removed
                            KC Shox,

No, as I've mentioned in a prior post. I am currently in Tulsa for business and went to the mall to go X'mas shopping because I will be here until X'mas day where I will be driving up the morning of.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X