No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 of the #1 seeds make Final 4. Hopefully, Coach Karon Bradley is watching these teams and how they are made up to put together next year's team.

Semi-final Match-ups
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) vs (1) Overseas Elite
    (1) Team Hines vs ( 1) Golden Eagles

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      For me, I believe KB had a better combo of players than who ended up playing had Cotton and Murray been able to play.

• Championship Game will be Columbus Regional vs. Wichita Regional on Tuesday, August 6:
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) vs (1) Golden Eagles (Marquette)

Semi-final Games Results:
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) 71 vs (1) Overseas Elite 66
    (1) Golden Eagles 68 vs (1) Team Hines 62
    \

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Championship Game will be Columbus Regional vs. Wichita Regional on Tuesday, August 6:
      (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) vs (1) Golden Eagles (Marquette)

Semi-final Games Results:
      (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) 71 vs (1) Overseas Elite 66
      (1) Golden Eagles 68 vs (1) Team Hines 62
      \
      What was attendance? Does Wichita still hold the record?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Let's hope our draw numbers are enough for continued invites. And yes, we would have been perfectly fine if Cotton, Murry, and Armstud could've played. Seriously.

Comment

• CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL RESULTS:
          #1 CARMEN'S CREW 66, #1 GOLDEN EAGLES 60

Carmen's Crew (Ohio State Buckeyes) hit two free throws to cap an 8-0 Elam Ending run for Carmen’s Crew in a come-from-behind, 66--60 victory over the Golden Eagles last night.

Comment

• Just finished watching the final on my DVR. Highly entertaining game with excellent performances by both squads. Not everyday you get to see a 39 yr old 6'2 PF play and 100% deserve to be on the court. The popularity of this tournament should continue to grow. The teams improved as the tournament progressed and the officials were top notch as as a whole.

My only criticism would be the ending. Not necessarily opposed to ending on free throws but it wasn't ideal the FTs came on a foul at the opposite end of the floor on a rebound attempt.

Think someone asked earlier about attendance. They had 3 sides of the arena blocked off to make it where all fans were in the TV viewing area. Nowhere near the attendance number we had in Wichita.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• shoxtop
              shoxtop commented
              Editing a comment
              I have never understood why a foul on a DEFENSIVE rebound should ever be worthy of free throws at any point of the game.

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
            Just finished watching the final on my DVR. Highly entertaining game with excellent performances by both squads. Not everyday you get to see a 39 yr old 6'2 PF play and 100% deserve to be on the court. The popularity of this tournament should continue to grow. The teams improved as the tournament progressed and the officials were top notch as as a whole.

My only criticism would be the ending. Not necessarily opposed to ending on free throws but it wasn't ideal the FTs came on a foul at the opposite end of the floor on a rebound attempt.

Think someone asked earlier about attendance. They had 3 sides of the arena blocked off to make it where all fans were in the TV viewing area. Nowhere near the attendance number we had in Wichita.
            I was thinking the same thing about attendance
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I did a quick search for attendance figures but came up with bupkis. I haven't looked at the Chicago paper(s) which might have it somewhere but as of right now, Wichita is still listed at holding the overall attendance record.

Comment

Working...
              X