Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoxtop
    commented on 's reply
    I have never understood why a foul on a DEFENSIVE rebound should ever be worthy of free throws at any point of the game.

• Bluzrover
    replied
    I did a quick search for attendance figures but came up with bupkis. I haven't looked at the Chicago paper(s) which might have it somewhere but as of right now, Wichita is still listed at holding the overall attendance record.

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
    Just finished watching the final on my DVR. Highly entertaining game with excellent performances by both squads. Not everyday you get to see a 39 yr old 6'2 PF play and 100% deserve to be on the court. The popularity of this tournament should continue to grow. The teams improved as the tournament progressed and the officials were top notch as as a whole.

My only criticism would be the ending. Not necessarily opposed to ending on free throws but it wasn't ideal the FTs came on a foul at the opposite end of the floor on a rebound attempt.

Think someone asked earlier about attendance. They had 3 sides of the arena blocked off to make it where all fans were in the TV viewing area. Nowhere near the attendance number we had in Wichita.
    I was thinking the same thing about attendance

Leave a comment:

• Ta Town Shocker
    replied
    Just finished watching the final on my DVR. Highly entertaining game with excellent performances by both squads. Not everyday you get to see a 39 yr old 6'2 PF play and 100% deserve to be on the court. The popularity of this tournament should continue to grow. The teams improved as the tournament progressed and the officials were top notch as as a whole.

My only criticism would be the ending. Not necessarily opposed to ending on free throws but it wasn't ideal the FTs came on a foul at the opposite end of the floor on a rebound attempt.

Think someone asked earlier about attendance. They had 3 sides of the arena blocked off to make it where all fans were in the TV viewing area. Nowhere near the attendance number we had in Wichita.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL RESULTS:
    #1 CARMEN'S CREW 66, #1 GOLDEN EAGLES 60

Carmen's Crew (Ohio State Buckeyes) hit two free throws to cap an 8-0 Elam Ending run for Carmen’s Crew in a come-from-behind, 66--60 victory over the Golden Eagles last night.

Leave a comment:

• ShockAzs
    replied
    Let's hope our draw numbers are enough for continued invites. And yes, we would have been perfectly fine if Cotton, Murry, and Armstud could've played. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    Championship Game will be Columbus Regional vs. Wichita Regional on Tuesday, August 6:
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) vs (1) Golden Eagles (Marquette)

Semi-final Games Results:
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) 71 vs (1) Overseas Elite 66
    (1) Golden Eagles 68 vs (1) Team Hines 62
    \
    What was attendance? Does Wichita still hold the record?

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    Championship Game will be Columbus Regional vs. Wichita Regional on Tuesday, August 6:
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) vs (1) Golden Eagles (Marquette)

Semi-final Games Results:
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) 71 vs (1) Overseas Elite 66
    (1) Golden Eagles 68 vs (1) Team Hines 62
    \

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    For me, I believe KB had a better combo of players than who ended up playing had Cotton and Murray been able to play.

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    4 of the #1 seeds make Final 4. Hopefully, Coach Karon Bradley is watching these teams and how they are made up to put together next year's team.

Semi-final Match-ups
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) vs (1) Overseas Elite
    (1) Team Hines vs ( 1) Golden Eagles

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• WSUwatcher
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely too bad about Tekele. I doubt he's forgotten how to guard, and his level of defense could have been a difference maker for the Aftershocks. Hope he's back and healthy next year,

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    Games were exciting. Talent was top-notch. About the only thing the referees did consistently right was spell "REF" on their backs. 3G would have had 15 technicals. Overall, great for basketball.

I don't have the time, but it would be interesting to see the number of years each player had participated in TBT.

Any word on TC and TM's injury?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    commented on 's reply
    Yes that is it. He was on a specific diet (vegan I believe) and was told it was in the area. When he found out in reality it wasn't and that it was farther away he told the coaches he was going to grab food that he wanted before practice. How selfish of him.
Working...
X