No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fun. Great seats. Great atmosphere. I told my buddy after the Shocks fell behind in the 2nd half that I would like to see Conner and Clevin in at the same time. Lo and behold that happened and between that and sitting an out of control Cle the Shocks finished strong. The team may have to have an intervention for Cle. Maybe 3G could assist with that.

Anyone know the prognosis for Tekele and Toure?

Conner was terrific but took his teammates a while to figure that out.

Sideline cancer will not be an easy game. However, I think the Shocks can play better than they did tonight. Possible that a few guys were a bit over-amped tonight.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir to all of the above. The poise that Clevin showed....it was almost Freddy like. So under control. Great motivator. He was super in a ton of ways tonight. And CF was on an entirely different level. How many wide open shots did he create? His defense wasn't shabby either. He made plays all night.

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      I swear it was the first time WSU players figured out how to play with CF.

• As much as I'm sure they want to play, if they are at all injured, it makes perfect sense to sit out. No sense risking your job and way you pay your bills for a chance at money like this.

Comment

• What was Nick McGlynn so fired up about to start the game?

A)The double N has never caught on like double G
      B)Shout out to past Geese players as the number of living players to actually beat WSU is starting to shrink rapidly due to the passage of time.
      C)He saw a bug
      D)He REALLY does not like chairs
      E)He just realized that he was not playing FOR the Aftershocks
      F)All of the above

Comment

• If you did not go for whatever reason you need to run not walk and get your tickets. Was such a fun event, can’t wait for Saturday.

Comment

• Seeing the players have huge smiles on their faces when running out of the tunnel to the roar of the crowd was worth the price of admission itself.

Comment

• 7,184 in attendance nearly tripling the prior TBT attendance record.

Comment

• Clev was the best player on the court if you wanted to win.

Two out of the two best players on the team didn't play tonight.

It's not easy to get all these guys running in the right direction. Zach Bush isn't going to tell Cle what he needs told. Tekele Cotton will.

I didn't check the opposing roster before tonight. I will check to make sure there aren't a bunch of Valley floppers before going to another game.

Poor Stutz. Some things never change. See comment above. He's unstoppable and they know it, so they flop.

Tremendous showing by Shocker Nation. That was fun. I enjoyed the alumni band. And Mickey Mouse.

Comment

• rjl
                rjl commented
                Editing a comment
                Although Stutz pleaded his case, the replay showed it wasn't a flop. Even Mike Kennedy said there was plenty of contact.

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
              Anyone got a replay link?
              Not quite what you're asking for, but here's the official highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8seKBte1iw

Comment

• That was a blast seeing all of those guys in the Roundhouse tonight and I hope it was just as special for them feeling the love again from all of us fans. This tournament is a perfect fit in Wichita. Hope it becomes a tradition with us hosting a regional every year. With the fans and Shocker Sound volunteers, I don’t see how any other region could come close to what we have.

Comment

• I would of guessed the crowd was over 8,000 - NICE and LOUD. This was a very enjoyable evening, can't wait for Saturday. If you did not attend you must try to go Saturday, just to see the joy on the faces of our players alone was worth the price of admission.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This used to be called the FSU effect. Smaller crowds that are more organic. Low seats with more of the rabid fans and less of the corporate fans. And I'm just observing, not complaining. That place was loud last night at times. 7-0 hurt ears and 77-67 was painful as well.

• Clevin needs to assert himself more. He may be the best shooter on the team. Best game I ever saw Conner play, I was really proud of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by angryplayer View Post
                    Looks like my live action +/- meter is still calibrated correctly.

Comment

• The Shox put 7,000 butts in seats in July on ESPN for a game that means nothing in terms of college basketball. Those fans showed up because they love basketball, but more importantly, they love Shocker basketball players.

The Shox put more butts in seats in July for a game than many P5 schools get for their D1 games. The Shox fans were loud and rowdy. When the sideline announcer does an on-court interview after the starting lineups are introduced and says, on ESPN, "I can hardly hear you for the noise this crowd is making" and later the players on the court don't hear a whistle on a tie-up...

...this is going to make recruiting just a bit easier. I would think that any player Marshall is seriously recruiting and that player is seriously considering WSU, that player watched this game. Tomorrow Marshall can call that recruit and ask him, "How did you like that crowd that's going to be cheering for you when you play here".

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Only able to watch on tv, but STILL got a great feel for atmosphere!!! Loved it!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X