Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pie n eye
    commented on 's reply
    He also took the time to shake hands/high five many people in the arena. He seemed genuinely happy to be back at Koch and on the team. Shrug.

• pinstripers
    replied
    Did anybody do a + - thing on the guys' minutes?

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    commented on 's reply
    Year, cherry picking is a much underrated skill

• pinstripers
    commented on 's reply
    I hear that he is not in shape

• NCAABound
    replied

Nice article about PJ and his return to Wichita.

Leave a comment:

• shockrah
    commented on 's reply
    He was, but they took his scholarship for Murray.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    I thought Cle was entertaining, passionate, and brought swagger and energy to the court. I don't think they play nearly as well without him. Still one of the most athletic and skilled guys on the court.

He was never a defensive minded guy at WSU. Not by a mile.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    I think some of you might have expected to see a college basketball game. These games were not that and, IMO, not meant to be that. These guys are in full professional mode at this point in their careers. That means they are doing what they need to do to further and prolong their basketball careers. I don't begrudge them for that. I am sure they would love to compete for the championship and win the cash. They have left the college game behind when they graduated/turned pro. Just my $.02.

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    commented on 's reply
    I thought Cle looked fine physically, but my god was I annoyed watching him. He'd pimp every dunk, or block or what have you. He literally played zero D on the perimeter either, not even an attempt to get a hand up in a 3 point shooters face. Used to be my favorite shocker of the 3G era since he took us on a final four ride, but man those last two games left a bitter taste!

• JVShocker
    replied
    Kind of a mixed bag for me. The crowd was outstanding. I mean, for 60-70% capacity, the ears were definitely ringing Thursday when the Shocks were mounting the comeback (hope its OK to call them the Shocks). That being said, the level of play (individually) was not quite what I hoped for. There were moments of team play, which were fun to watch. Definitely a lot of lapses in concentration, doing basic things like blocking out and going after rebounds. A lot of individual play, which isn't really as entertaining. CF may have been the best player on the floor in any game. My apologies if it has already been discussed, but I don't want to go back and read thru 10 pages of comments, but Early was a massive distraction for me personally. I don't know what he was doing Thursday, don't really care either. He's certainly not the athlete he used to be, that or he is just not physically healthy or is maybe a little out of shape. Certainly not as explosive as he used to be, his play really hurt the Shocks on Thursday. Winners of these types of Tournaments/games, whatever you call them, I think they probably have to let go of ego and just play basketball hard every possession. Officiating was very uneven. There was one game (Iowa I think) where they couldn't be called for a travel unless they just flat out took the ball and ran up the stairs with it and headed out the building. Who am I kidding, still not a travel. One Shocker possession, CF was boxing out a much larger, much heavier person, who proceeded to place his (hook) arm around Connor's waist and just threw him to the floor right in front of the ref (if I can call him that, - I can't). CF just looked up at him like WTF??? All in all I'm borderline 50-50 if I'd go back to any games like this next season. Fun to see some of the old Shockers in unis again those two times, though.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Hoping we do this again. Adding among such players as Ragland, JE, Toure, Baker, Carl Hall, Cotton, and Armstead, and MM to the best of the best from this year's team would be finer than a frog hair.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Probably not, he's too busy counting/managing other peoples money. :)

• BostonWu
    commented on 's reply
    My comment wasn't meant to be a slightly again KB but rather my opinion that the aftershocks will not necessarily possess a coaching advantage unlike the real team. That's a huge difference.

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    That was a fun weekend. I can't wait for the tournament to come back next year. They would be crazy not to give Wichita a regional again. I would bet we nearly outdrew the entire rest of the tournament combined! This is a business, they have quickly realized what they have here in Wichita with this rabid fan base.

I loved seeing our guys back on the floor at Koch. Cleven Hannah was so good. That hesitation move he put on Saturday afternoon was a thing of beauty! I could watch it as many times as a TC dunk! I am looking forward to my next view of the Aftershocks!

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied
    Teams apply to specific regions, correct? Next year will be interesting with everyone applying for Wichita. I would guess TBT is under no obligation to accept the best applicants and are incentivized to put the 6 worst teams in Wichita. I don’t have a ton of knowledge on TBT but I heard that Wichita was stacked multiple times.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X