X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OregonShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    I think some of you might have expected to see a college basketball game. These games were not that and, IMO, not meant to be that. .
    I agree fully. I could only watch out of state, but found myself cheering like it was for the Natty. My wife had to remind me that this was just a game to watch for fun, that unless I expected the team to give me a cut I had nothing in it except the enjoyment of watching players I'd never thought I'd see again in a Shocker (albeit modified) uniform in Koch. So, for pure entertainment, I'd buy a ticket if I lived in Wichita next year. Definitely worth it, playing style compromised or not.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I wonder if HCGM was more happy to see his ex-players or more sad to see the non-Marshall style of play.
    I would doubt that he was surprised. If he doesn’t give up control when they move on, it could drive him crazy.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I wonder if HCGM was more happy to see his ex-players or more sad to see the non-Marshall style of play.
    I'm guessing it is the former as he doesn't seem to be as caught up in the "style of play" as most on SN are. I am sure he was happy to see his guys.

He seemed genuinely giddy and amped up about seeing the players on the broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not so sure about that... watching both games, it definitely seemed like they outscored both teams a lot more with Cle on the bench. Especially the game on Thursday...once KB sent him to the bench after the punch he got away with, the team took off.

• pinstripers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    Not sure of the process the TBT organizers used in seeding teams, but would have to think they are pretty happy with the outcome so far.

Quarterfinal Match-ups
    (1) Carmen's Crew (Ohio State) vs (1) Eberlein Drive
    (1) Loyalty Is Love vs (1) Overseas Elite
    (1) Team Hines vs (3) Brotherly Love
    (8) Jackson TN vs (1) Golden Eagles

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied

Region $ Tickets % of
    Wichita $96,439 52.0%
    Syracuse $31,871 17.2%
    Columbus $21,025 11.3%
    Richmond $17,349 9.3%
    Memphis $6,226 3.4%
    Lexington $5,343 2.9%
    Greensboro $3,732 2.0%
    Salt Lake City $3,584 1.9%
    Totals $185,569

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    I recall something about bad tasting or non-healthy foods...

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    commented on 's reply
    I get what you're saying. I guess the extra stuff just doesn't bother me as much.

My recollection is he played for one team last season in Japan (2nd division) and had a great year. He averaged 29.4 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.4 assists, and 1.6 steals per game. I don't recall him being with 3 different teams.

In 2017 he had an issue with a GM on a team in Greece but that's all I recall. There was some discrepancy between what Cle said happened and what the GM said happened.

• ArtVandalay
    replied
    My frustration with Cle is simple. I love the Shocks and truly hope for the best for every guy who wears the uniform. I want to see them succeed. Cle has so much athleticism and talent, but his effort and attitude have impacted him negatively since leaving WSU. He was talented enough for the NBA. He should be playing top level internationally. Instead, he struggled to stick with a team last year (I think he was linked to three teams before settling with a third tier team). He was the most talented After Shock, but just didn't play hard on both ends and keep his mouth shut.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    commented on 's reply
    Yup. Thought it was cool that even after their loss he took a lap around the arena to give everyone a high five.

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    There’s a much longer list of guys I’d rather replace before Cle, which I’ll leave up to coach Bradley.

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Cle is a vegetarian now. That combined with probably not lifting like he did in college probably has a lot to do with his physical appearance. I love Cle, but the showboating did get old. Without a a coach like 3G to keep him in check, he may do more harm than good.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    commented on 's reply
    + Having Cle on the team
    - Not having Cle on the team

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    commented on 's reply
    Ya, but that doesn't fit the narrative on here that he is a selfish showboating lunatic. "rolls eyes"...
Working...
X