Wichita State vs UConn Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
    It's now to the point of just using the rest of this season for the future.
    The less we see of SHJ, the better. If he gets over 12 minutes a game, dis on HCGM. He brings nothing and is not close to AAC level.

AM is going to have his place on this team. He essentially showed up on campus with very little upper level instruction and is learning on the fly. Yes, his foot speed equates to plodding, but there will be match ups and situations where he can make significant contributions.

I only enjoyed watching the last 5 minutes when it was AM and 4 Frosh on the floor. They played hard and didn't give the slightest hint of quitting.

There is more to spew out here, but I need a snort and that takes priority.

That is all.
    I agree with what you said about the last 5 minutes of the game. I was glad coach let the 4 freshman and AM play. I said good let them play.

Comment

• We've sucked so bad since JE has been playing less than 100 percent. We went from average with him healthy, to poor with him injured. Also, halfway through the season, you think you'd start seeing improved play from the youngsters on the team. It's a very bad sign that we're not seeing progression - perhaps regression. I'll still take the high road and say perhaps we have late bloomers on the team. I certainly hope so, or this team is going to suck next year too.

Comment

• I really believe JB is going to be a great player. Some of his drives really impressed me.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          HCGM talking about Jaime's foot still slowing him up but I don't think his foot has anything to do with these quick fouls. He has got to play smarter at the start of games.
          OK I had forgotten about the foot. I was trying to figure out what the heck is going on with Jamie. A foot injury can affect your timing. JE does not seem to be himself. Still he has got to play smarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Good point but that also may lead to the next question of.. is this team regressing?
            Maybe a little fatigue with the travels and demands of D1 ball. Who knows.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post
              I’d rather be 8-11 and be in the AAC than be 17-2 and in the Valley. We’d probably be top 1 or 2 in the valley but I’d rather suck in the AAC than be the best in the MVC.
              Curious why? Doesn’t sound logical.

Comment

• N Crestway
                N Crestway commented
                Editing a comment
                It does if you're sado-masochistic.

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post

Curious why? Doesn’t sound logical.
              First off we get better recruits being in the AAC. Second in the valley you literally have to win the MVC tourney to make it to the NCAA tourney where as in the AAC you can get an at large without winning the confernence tourney. Third we get more TV exposure. Fourth we play better competition. Fifth the valley sucks and is going down hill. Don’t think I need to explain anymore why being in the AAC is more logical than being in the Valley. If fans prefer being in the valley that sounds illogical.
              Shocker Alumni
              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

First off we get better recruits being in the AAC. Second in the valley you literally have to win the MVC tourney to make it to the NCAA tourney where as in the AAC you can get an at large without winning the confernence tourney. Third we get more TV exposure. Fourth we play better competition. Fifth the valley sucks and is going down hill. Don’t think I need to explain anymore why being in the AAC is more logical than being in the Valley. If fans prefer being in the valley that sounds illogical.
                I'll be curious to see about recruiting. We had 4 nba players under Marshall in the MVC

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                  Maizerunner08 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’d say recruiting is TBD. If we aren’t seeing an uptick in 3-4 years, there is a legitimate concern there imo.

• WichitaHawk
                  WichitaHawk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On paper this year was our best recruiting class under HCGM. I think the future is bright. Time will tell that’s for sure. I’m a firm believer that being in the American give us a chance to land a 5 star player. We just gotta find one that is a Marshall kind of player!

• RoyalShock
                  RoyalShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Other than Early, none of those players had to be counted on for production their first year.

• The shocks had 7 assists for the entire game. That pretty much tells you were not running the offense. Way too much one on one ball.

Comment

I see. The Shocks are going to start improving here shortly. Hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                    The shocks had 7 assists for the entire game. That pretty much tells you were not running the offense. Way too much one on one ball.
                    We need to bench SHJ and have JB start at PG. I think he’d do way better!
                    Shocker Alumni
                    Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                    Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• And everybody talking about our great TV package in the AAC...CBS sports sucks! It is the least relevant network. It is sad.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                        Maizerunner08 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah I’d prefer ESPN, Still beats the ESPN3 we had the in Valley though

We need to bench SHJ and have JB start at PG. I think he’d do way better!
                      Do you even watch the games?

sorry my sarcasm meter is broke.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Then you would have noticed that he's been starting

• WichitaHawk
                        WichitaHawk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes and I said we NEED to bench SHJ and have JB play the point. From what I’ve seen SHJ has been playing point most of the time. I think we’d benefit from JB being the main distributor is what I’m trying to say. With SHJ being the 1st PG off the bench.

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        JB runs the point when he's in.

• So am I to assume that nothing was said about IPBC and that he was on the bench? What I don't understand is his playing time (unless he's in the doghouse). We could really use him right now and there was little reason (for all I know) for him not playing.

He played 21 and 24 minutes against Memphis and Temple, went 5-7 in both games, scored 12 points in both while grabbing 5 and 6 rebounds. Then, against Houston, he had a so-so game playing only 12 minutes, 0-4 FG, but 3 rebounds and 2 points. Next was UCF and only 2 minutes and 4 minutes against Cincy, 1-1, 1 rebound, 3 points. USF up to 13 minutes, 1-2, 3 rebounds, and 3 points, then didn't see the floor today. Over those last 5 games, 31 minutes, 2-7 FG (0-4 in one game), 7 rebounds, and 8 points.

For the season, he's shooting .500 from 2pt, .452 overall (2-7 3pt), 11-15 (.733) FT, rebounding at a rate of barely under 6 rebounds per 30m. These stats seem very decent against the other newbies stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        So am I to assume that nothing was said about IPBC and that he was on the bench? What I don't understand is his playing time (unless he's in the doghouse). We could really use him right now and there was little reason (for all I know) for him not playing.

He played 21 and 24 minutes against Memphis and Temple, went 5-7 in both games, scored 12 points in both while grabbing 5 and 6 rebounds. Then, against Houston, he had a so-so game playing only 12 minutes, 0-4 FG, but 3 rebounds and 2 points. Next was UCF and only 2 minutes and 4 minutes against Cincy, 1-1, 1 rebound, 3 points. USF up to 13 minutes, 1-2, 3 rebounds, and 3 points, then didn't see the floor today. Over those last 5 games, 31 minutes, 2-7 FG (0-4 in one game), 7 rebounds, and 8 points.

For the season, he's shooting .500 from 2pt, .452 overall (2-7 3pt), 11-15 (.733) FT, rebounding at a rate of barely under 6 rebounds per 30m. These stats seem very decent against the other newbies stats.
                        Coach just said "my decision" on why he didn't play

Comment

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          lol
                      Working...
                      X