Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future?

I posted this in the USF game thread but...

So for future...and im throwing away JE and RT. Next year doesn't look good to me. Keepers?

ES...potential to be a scorer and hustle guy
    DD....athleticism
    JB...where? He isnt a PG...and cant be a 2. He like PJ Couisinard?
    RB...What does he bring?
    MU...Has shown decent offensive talent. Project but big body
    IPBC....Another project but potential
    AM....Great touch but limited to certain matchups at times

So let’s go find a bunch of new unsigned guys that aren’t headcases who are better than who we have and reset the whole damn team. They will all pick up the system right away and it will be pure magic.

Do you really fathom the reality in which we live in?

Comment

Already a thread on this topic although after tonight's games there may be a lot of rethinking of prior opinions.

Comment

Of course Im not saying scrap them all...but even coach Marshall said "recruit, recruit, recruit" tonight...so maybe youre the dumbass.

Comment

Sorry '72...feel free to merge. Maybe a new thread for new thoughts.

Comment

Coach basically said he was lookin to bring in more guys

Comment

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              Im sure he will, but not 5-6 on top of who already is coming in like some NumbNutz suggested. You cannot do that and expect better results. The coaching staff needs chemistry and continuity for at least one offseason themselves.

1. RS MU and keep the other three centers - they are not the problem. we just can't get them the ball.
            2. Keep DD and ES
            3. that's five keepers plus TA
            4. help at PG is on the way - guys I believe who can run the offense and see the court
            5. Would be nice to find a grad transfer that can shoot the three
            6. We will be fine next season and I refuse to throw in the towel this season

Comment

The inability to pass into the post is a definite problem. I just have to believe if the coaches were beating it down to them to do it, they'd do it. So I'm not sure where the blame goes there. But I dunno how many times I've seen our guards stare down an open big who's actively calling for the ball and they just simply ignore them.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Not only do we not feed the posts as much as we should but our post guys aren't very good about kicking the ball back out. I think you get your best perimeter looks on inside-out action.

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                Most definitely. It's a combo.

• OregonShocker
                OregonShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Not only this, but I noted subconsciously what was pointed out to me in the examples by Taylor E. On our high screen pick and roll, RARELY does the ball handler even LOOK like they might pass to the roller. Focus seems to be on passing along the perimeter to another guard. I'd run the pick and roll in practice and MAKE the guard pass to the screener, learning when to bounce it, lob it, etc. so they aren't as timid to do it. But, I'm not the coach.

Any thoughts on roster management?

Comment

The more I watch this team, the more and more the make up of these last few rosters is bothering me.

We lost ***6*** seniors, so we brought in ***8*** freshmen, only two JUCO guys, and not a single grad transfer?! Who thought this was a good idea?

I can't even be mad at the freshman, really. They've been thrown into the ocean with no life preserver. This season is more on the coaches, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  1. RS MU and keep the other three centers - they are not the problem. we just can't get them the ball.
                  2. Keep DD and ES
                  3. that's five keepers plus TA
                  4. help at PG is on the way - guys I believe who can run the offense and see the court
                  5. Would be nice to find a grad transfer that can shoot the three
                  FIFY

Comment

• asiseeit
                    asiseeit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fixed what ?

• ShockerFever
                    ShockerFever commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He omitted #6. He's saying we're gonna suck next year and you might as well throw in the towel this year, although I'm sure he'll keep posting.

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                  Any thoughts on roster management?
                  Hopefully, there is some thought being given to balancing out the classes..

As it stands right now next year's roster (excluding walk-ons) will have 2 seniors (Jaime & Ricky), 1 junior (Asbjorn), 7 sophomores (Teddy, Dexter, Poor Bear, Morris, Erik, Jamarius and Rod) and 3 freshman (Tyson, Noah and DeAntoni).

Clearly you need to thin out that sophomore class, maybe by as many as 3 players.

A good grad transfer would be nice but most of those guys are looking for a chance to go to the dance and not sure the Shocks will look that appealing from that standpoint next year. Probably are looking at going the Juco route. But the guys who had those connections were Jans, Heier and Forbes.

Would be nice if we ended up with 3 seniors, 3 juniors, 4 sophomores and 3 freshman. However, you don't always find exactly what you want or need in the recruiting wars. Yes, it would be
                  another rebuilding year but you would at least be in a better position of restocking and reloading going forward with much better continuity down the road. Although nothing is assured.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

What grad transfer is going to come to a rebuilding program? Maybe there are some, but I can’t imagine a solid performer that would look favorably on this situation. But then again, I have no doubt that HCGM can sell this program with the best of them.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

I’m of the belief that it’s not the young guys that are the issue on this team. We have a couple of seniors who aren’t leading.

Comment

• proshox
                        proshox commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok

• ShockerFever
                        ShockerFever commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He's not wrong.

Basketball is more than just putting up the most points on the most shots.

Anybody want to borrow a pair of shades? I don't think I'll be needing them for a couple of years. I'm checking out night vision goggles instead.

Edit: That's odd - my signature line has disappeared. It used to say "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades". Might not be good to have that as a signature line right now.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• shoxrox89
                        shoxrox89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Future is still bright we just have to make some moves to offset a few strange off seasons we’ve been having.
                    Working...
                    X