No announcement yet.

Wichita State at USF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a play last night where ES came around a screen and had a wide open three point attempt. He air balled it about 2 feet left of the rim. That’s incredible. No college level shooter should be air balling a wide open three attempt. That and Browns 1-8 from the line lead me to believe it’s something mental more than physical. Something has gotten in these guys’ heads. Is it Marshall, team chemistry, who knows?

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      ES airballed 2 last night. SHJ airballed at least one but I think 2. Rod Brown nearly airballed a FT. There is definitely a mental aspect to it.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Think I had a dream last night... “air ball, air ball, air ball...”

P.S. Guess it even happens to the best...

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT4uQa...OAuY/giphy.gif

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      SHJ airballed about 10 footer and also a 3 pointer. JE airballed two layups in a row.

• "
    WSU was scoring at 0.64 points per possession in the final five seconds of the shot clock, the worst mark in the American Athletic Conference. That number will plummet following Tuesday’s game.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
    Last edited by pinstripers; January 24, 2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      That was meant for pinstripers to fix his own post. :)

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      Automatic check box?

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, you should see "Automatic" at the top of the color selections and one check box in the upper left. That means instead of hardcoding a color it will automatically use whatever color is default for the person's template (some people use the default template that has a white background with black letters, and others use the Shockernet Dark template that has black background and white colors). That automatic check box lets it decide what is best so everyone can read it.

• Deleted Post, meant to be a reply.
    Last edited by Slalomshocker; January 24, 2019, 12:30 PM.
    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      There was a play last night where ES came around a screen and had a wide open three point attempt. He air balled it about 2 feet left of the rim. That’s incredible. No college level shooter should be air balling a wide open three attempt. That and Browns 1-8 from the line lead me to believe it’s something mental more than physical. Something has gotten in these guys’ heads. Is it Marshall, team chemistry, who knows?
      I am reading this post and the rest on the air ball posts and I agree with you guys. I am not sure what was going on in that game but the guys looked like they were not there mentally. The mistakes made in the games (turnovers as usual were mental) knucklehead plays. Many times I would say what are we doing? And of course the shooting was atrocious. Hope to see a better product this coming Saturday.

Comment

• Is this the time that the coaches just roll out the ball at practice and then leave and come what may?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Is this the time that the coaches just roll out the ball at practice and then leave and come what may?
          Again?

Comment

• We’ve seen a lot of ugly January February games. This definitely ranked among the worst. But was it really worse than the team with Fred, Ron, Tekele, Carl, Cle, Wessel, etc losing at home to Evansville, on senior night, with the Valley championship on the line?

Comment

• Somebody needs to burn this thread before it infects the others.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                We’ve seen a lot of ugly January February games. This definitely ranked among the worst. But was it really worse than the team with Fred, Ron, Tekele, Carl, Cle, Wessel, etc losing at home to Evansville, on senior night, with the Valley championship on the line?
                Hell, people must have some really short-term memories. Anybody remember the game at Houston last year? That was one of the ugliest games I had seen in quite some time. And that was with 6 seniors on the team along with an NBA guard and ranked in the Top 10 in the country.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I definitely tried to wipe that one out of my memory. Thanks for reminding me!

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That game was also coming off a uncharacteristic home loss against SMU, should have been won.
              Working...
              X