Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Stevenson was jawing with the guy he just fouled and got T'd up quick. Probably said the wrong word. Marshall deserved his. Assistant tried to restrain him and keep him off the court, but couldn't
    Surprised Coach did not get one in the first half. A lot of bad calls made in this game but still they played better. Our freshmen were taken out of their games.

Comment

• I still think you don’t run your mouth in such a close game,but if what GM said is true then I soften my stance. According to coach, ES was given a T for telling the other player “I’m not afraid of you”. That is a soft ass T if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
        I still think you don’t run your mouth in such a close game,but if what GM said is true than I soften my stance. According to coach, ES was given a T for telling the other player “I’m not afraid of you”. That is a soft ass T if true.
        I'm not sure I believe that one. These refs were clowns but I'd find it hard to believe he got T'ed up just for that.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Dennis did nothing today. For all his hype, he does so little a lot of times.
          He ran into someone that plays just as physical as he does but a little smarter. He and all our young guys have to learn how to play a physical game like this without fouling. The experience of playing a game like this should help improve your basketball IQ.

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            They are all learning on the fly. I just wish he would be able to do more in the time he’s in there. Some games he’s just not a threat at all offensively. We need more guys stepping g up and trying to make things happen rather than just looking for someone else on the wing to pass the ball to.

• Did coach talk after the game? I missed it if so

I know he’s only missed one.
          The Assman

Comment

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            He didn't say much. He said the players stood around too much on offense.

• Guys, thanks for the updates. Really appreciate it. Just wish there was better news—-there will be soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Did coach talk after the game? I missed it if so

I know he’s only missed one.
            He made it to the radio within 2 minutes of the final horn.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
              May be the worst free throw disparity I’ve ever heard of. They are either that much better than us, that much smarter or that much quicker—-or the refereeing is revolting.
              Well the worst free throw disparity I know of for the shockers is Kemba Walker and UCONN 35 free throws to our 7. I might have the exact numbers wrong. But that's a game where we clearly cheated.

Comment

• marshall was totally right to get a technical. i expected it to happen. i don't always agree with that "get a tech to motivate" story, but here i do.

gotta' show that you fight for your guys over the little napoleans.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                  1979Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It didn't motivate the team. They still lost by the same amount of points (I think) that they were behind after the technicals. And they continued to make mistakes.

• another shocker
                  another shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  internet sucks. or maybe my writing clarity sucks.

let me reprise: i don't always agree with the "get a tech to motivate" story, myth, cliche.. which some coaches ascribe to.

i don't think marshall did THAT here.

i agree with it, marshall's T, in that the technical was to protect one of his kids. and stand up for them from bullsh*t little napoleans
                  Last edited by another shocker; January 19, 2019, 04:38 PM.

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

A team led by seniors and juniors. I don't think any of their freshmen play meaningful minutes.
                Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  We just dont make enough plays on offense.
                  I am so happy that my shocker brothers and sister see the same thing I see. It's let's me know that I am seeing the game correctly. First half shocks had a lead and came down and comitted 5 consecutive turnovers.

Comment

• Too many youthful mistakes to win a game like this but I don't think we ever backed down, not once.

I don't care if the numbers were reversed, 35-7 doesn't work in any game.

Finally, there's no I in team but there is an AM.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Whew!! Now that was ugly as most Bearcats games go. Did not think the bearcats needed all the help they got on calls on our own home court, but I digress. Our rebounding was subpar and I agree at least part of the reason was DD and JE foul issues. Cinn. played a nasty zone that bugged us at times. Have not seen the rebound totals yet, but with that and all of the ongoing fouls called on us was to much to overcome. Too bad we got t'd up twice, and I was concerned 3G was going to get another one. Back to the drawing board. The Shocks played hard but the execution we had last game was just not as consistent.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Cumberland HAD to have baited Stevenson, and Eric took the bait...saw the whole thing in front of me...

The BIGGER issue I had was the SAME ref jawing at Markis on the free throw line earlier...

Comment

• proshox
                          proshox commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I sit at midcourt row 26. I could hear the ref, clearly. That was the most insane thing I have seen a ref do.

• Frankly, if the Bearcats were OUR team, I'd love them...they are tenacious on
                        defense...

Comment

Working...
                        X