No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hurt us in this game is JE getting two early fouls and then DD getting two fouls. There goes our rebounding. AM is big, but he's not an aggressive rebounder. That allowed Cincinnati to get a bunch of second chances, a lot which ended in points.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      AM is always going for blocks he can’t make and then is out of position when the ball comes off the rim

• Stats are stuck at 11:07 left in the game.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Shocker1388
      Shocker1388 commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw the stats on the ncaa website. ESPN is not loading them for some reason.

• ...and 5 consecutive turnovers in the first half. Didn’t get a shot up for about 5 minutes. That is not going to win many games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Stevenson may have a great attitude and he really hustles, but he really cost the Shox a lot of points today. He was getting consistently beat on drives to the basket and then runs his mouth and gets T'd.
      Did you really watch it? Cumberland ran his mouth as he acted innocent with his hands and facial expressions. We don’t know what was said but the red probly didn’t either. Stephenson wasn’t smooth as he looked right at Cumberland while Cumberland talked as he looked away. Not handled well by the stripes.

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        You got to walk away from that crap. as quick as Stevenson got T'd, I imagine he said one of the forbidden words. You can jaw a lot if you avoid certain words.

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe referees not defusing the situation properly. The foul discrepancy seemed extreme, especially a game after Cronin was kicked out and criticized officials after the game and ejection.

• im4wsu
        im4wsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Aargh "
        You got to walk away from that crap. as quick as Stevenson got T'd, I imagine he said one of the forbidden words. You can jaw a lot if you avoid certain words."

Stevenson walked away, so far in fact that the ref had to physically buast between Cumby and another player and still took 3-4 steps before getting close enough to Erik to give the T signal.

• With the foul disparity...sure feels like the league (AAC) was protecting a seed. Too much horseshit to digest. I'm gonna go watch my grass grow for the rest of the afternoon.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 1. Imor1971 - YOU watch the tape. Cumberland and ES exchanging words and then THEIR center shoves ES in the
        chest and ES says something and gets t'd. The technical foul should have been on THEIR center and not ES. I have
        reffed many games and the cardinal rule for ref's is NOT to be the determining factor in a game - they certainly WERE
        today and absolutely ruined a great game AND determined the winner at the five minute mark.

2. Proud of the guys - ALL of them. Keep playing hard ! Do NOT even think about blaming ES as that was a BS call if
        I've ever seen one

Comment

• im4wsu
          im4wsu commented
          Editing a comment
          asiseeit "the cardinal rule for ref's is NOT to be the determining factor in a game - they certainly WERE
          today and absolutely ruined a great game AND determined the winner at the five minute mark. "

Agree except for the last part after AND. They determined the winner when Gregg took off his jacket after the Shockers were called for their 4th personal foul. That ref had his fangs out for Marshall from the opening tip.

• Stevenson has a lot to learn on the defensive end. Ron and Fred weren’t the quickest but they were good defensive players, knew all about positioning.

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Fred probably had the fastest hands to ever grace Koch arena

• If I had played a drinking game based on shitty officiating I’d be in the hospital right now with alcohol poisoning.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I’m disgusted by the officiating from the last two games. I’m also disgusted by both Erik and coach. You can not give them 4 free points because of your mouth in such a close game. That said, I still see the growth. We are a better team now than we were a month ago and all we can hope for in this bridge year is to see signs of progress for the future. Over the last 3 or 4 games I have seen that progress despite the results not going in our favor.

Comment

• college refs mostly suck a**. always have been. amateurish. nba refs, yes, professional nba refs, sh*t all over them.

wsu's post entry passes this game, unlike the last game, left something to be desired. torres, please step up like we know you can.. get over it and go forward winning.

Comment

• This isn’t the only game we’ve had with large ft disparity, but this was ridiculous for us being the home team. Where’s the home cooking? I quess we need to learn to drive to the basket and draw fouls.

Comment

• Coach would've NEVER gotten a T had the stupid refs not called the bs T on Stephenson. That game was fixed from the get-go and coach did the right thing by telling the refs exactly that.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Valley refs look like disciples of Jesus compared to these clowns.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Stevenson runs his mouth when he should have shut up and Cincy gets 6 points off of it.
                    I totally agree. ES needs to stfu. If u go back and look at the play you can see Cumberlan smiling as he bates the freshmen. ES was played like a chump. Yeah we got some bad calls in this game. But they played smarter and tougher than we did. They made more big shots. Our guys missed a lot of open shots.

One of these days JE will not have 2 fouls within the first 5 minutes of the game. As I have said before I love his heart but he plays dumb. That's why he gets the fouls. I mean wtf man you hedging 30 ft from the basket making contact with the guy dribbling and you think that's not going to be called a foul. Please!!!!!More lesson to learn and move on shocks.

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, just one of many examples of dumb play. If we can cut our dumb plays in half we will win games.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Valley refs look like disciples of Jesus compared to these clowns.
                    100%

Comment

Working...
                    X