Shocker Sound Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Sound Machine

Anyone know what happened to this idea? Thought they had members, unis, and practices ongoing, but season’s half over.

Their has already been one performance. They are practicing, just got their new instruments. The schedule was re-arranged once, eliminating performances over break. I know there are 2-3 more to performances planned.

Comment

Schools out. That’s probably all. I went to a graduation in December where they performed and it was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Their has already been one performance. They are practicing, just got their new instruments. The schedule was re-arranged once, eliminating performances over break. I know there are 2-3 more to performances planned.
        I did see they performed at a WBB game, but it was like six weeks ago.

The plan is only to do their thing like once or twice a season per winter sport? I thought it was going to be a more common thing than that.

Comment

They originally had six basketball game performances on the schedule, plus the potential for other community performances. It's the first year and they're getting things figured out.

Comment

Getting the kinks worked out for football.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
              Getting the kinks worked out for football.
              So they are going to play at friends football games? Cool.

Comment

Shocker Sound Machine played at halftime of the WSU-ECU women's basketball game last night. I enjoyed them but I anticipate there will be a round of catcalls and "is that all" statements on Shockernet when and if they do finally make an appearance at a men's game.

Also really enjoyed the National Anthem played by a WSU strings ensemble last night.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                  RoyalShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have yet to see them, unfortunately. But if you're referring to the brevity of their performance, my understanding is that they are still incorporating another song into their program.

I found a video on facebook from last Tuesday's performance if anyone is interested. It's about 3 minutes.

Comment

• Shocker1976
                  Shocker1976 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great clip of Shocker Sound Machine; have they performed during a MBB game? I read on Shockernet they performed at a WBB game.

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They have played at 2 women's games. No men's games yet.

Comment

I quite enjoyed their performance last night. Very unique. Hope to see them at least one more time before the season is over.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unique means one of a kind. Something cannot be "very unique".

I'm just busting your chops. Let me know what game you can go to and I'll see about getting you a ticket. Edit: Just realized what you were saying about seeing them again. Still, if you need a ticket, let me know.

• ShockerPhi
                    ShockerPhi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, WuDrWu, but I have season tickets this year. Been going to nearly every game. It's good to be back in Door Day.

I liked it too. Captivating to say the least-especially the drum line.

Comment

Could only hear the drum line from where I was sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                      Could only hear the drum line from where I was sitting.
                      I was wondering about that. When they faced away from me it got REALLY quiet. Thankfully I'm on the side where they faced most of the time.

On another note, hopefully the broadcast crew wasn't trying to do any halftime analysis ... because the trumpets were like 2 feet away from them facing right at them ha!

Comment

They are scheduled to perform again Feb 28th (UConn game).

Comment

Working...
                        X