X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by [URL="https://shockernet.net/member/58-wudrwu"
    WuDrWu[/URL] Unique means one of a kind. Something cannot be "very unique".

I'm just busting your chops. Let me know what game you can go to and I'll see about getting you a ticket. Edit: Just realized what you were saying about seeing them again. Still, if you need a ticket, let me know..
    Just bustin' your chops --

From Merriam Webster dictionary
    3 : unusual a very unique ball-point pen. We were fairly unique, the sixty of us, in that there wasn't one good mixer in the bunch

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    The sleeves were awful.

I like the idea though, and wouldn't mind having a drumline pit by the Pep Band.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    commented on 's reply
    They were hoping to add and/or polish some new elements last week but lost a rehearsal the day they cancelled classes. That's why there were a couple of times they were just playing in place.

• ShockBand
    replied
    I am so happy they have this going, and hope they have secured the funding to keep it going far into the future. CKA as a venue does present some unique challenges that will hopefully get ironed out over time, keeping in mind their limited rehearsal time (about 2 hours a week this year). That limited rehearsal time is probably the biggest factor in the numerous little technical things I saw and heard, but then again, I could go shred them over things most people would never notice, much like 3G does with the team in practice I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    They are scheduled to perform again Feb 28th (UConn game).

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
    Could only hear the drum line from where I was sitting.
    I was wondering about that. When they faced away from me it got REALLY quiet. Thankfully I'm on the side where they faced most of the time.

On another note, hopefully the broadcast crew wasn't trying to do any halftime analysis ... because the trumpets were like 2 feet away from them facing right at them ha!

Leave a comment:

• shocker43
    replied
    Could only hear the drum line from where I was sitting.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPhi
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, WuDrWu, but I have season tickets this year. Been going to nearly every game. It's good to be back in Door Day.

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Unique means one of a kind. Something cannot be "very unique".

I'm just busting your chops. Let me know what game you can go to and I'll see about getting you a ticket. Edit: Just realized what you were saying about seeing them again. Still, if you need a ticket, let me know.

• shoxlax
    replied
    I liked it too. Captivating to say the least-especially the drum line.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPhi
    replied
    I quite enjoyed their performance last night. Very unique. Hope to see them at least one more time before the season is over.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    They have played at 2 women's games. No men's games yet.

• Shocker1976
    commented on 's reply
    Great clip of Shocker Sound Machine; have they performed during a MBB game? I read on Shockernet they performed at a WBB game.

• RoyalShock
    replied
    I found a video on facebook from last Tuesday's performance if anyone is interested. It's about 3 minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X