Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molly jabali
    replied
    Several takeaways from the game...not a regular AT the CKA(about 5 a year) but loved the night from the top of the rafters.....:
    -crowd was VERY good, even though I'm pretty 3G would not concur early...trying to whip crowd into a frenzy...never remember seeing that from him...
    - If you are bored with the game , watch Kellen...manic sideshow...
    -think Ricky is pretty much toast...and I noticed at halftime shooting, he has an odd right foot forward stance...maybe hurts his accuracy....
    - love the fact that we SEEM to be growing a 4 headed post presence...and all are back...
    -SH-J played money AND smart...pullups instead of always to the rim...

GREAT NIGHT.....this year will still have many/several bumps but going forward....mmmmm

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    commented on 's reply
    Nice touch on the 10 footers.

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    DD reminded me of a young B. Williams out there tonight (sorta). I'm starting to detect a little "swagger" from the kid.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 17, 2019, 04:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    commented on 's reply
    Late night on SN like the old days many many moons ago when AZ Shocker (A different handle you had but can't quite remember it with my lil pea brain} and I were rapping Shocker hoops here at 2-a.m. on a work night. Speaking of AM, what a banner game he had tonight. He is our best encourager of our squad when not playing and gave 1000% tonight with execution as well. I like it. I like it a lot. Groovy-gravy.
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 17, 2019, 01:22 AM.

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Boom freaking BOOM!!!!!
    We got that monkey off our back tonight!!! So happy for the players and coaches!!! Well played...well deserved!!!!!!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Of note... UCF still has never beaten WSU and unless we line up with them in the tourney that streak will continue into next year.

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    3G with some moves

How many wins did we celebrate like that last year? Tremendous for the guys...and me. No rest though with Cincinnati coming up. Another tough out.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    I'm with Fev, so how about an encore versus the bearcats and bears and cats oh my. They are only 15-3 and 4-1 but we owe them for the win they stole here last Season which still is not appreciated. We will have to play at least this good again but we are due for a nice visit by the basketball gods here at 21st and Hillside in search of 2 very tough wins in a row.

Back to tonight, it has been well chronicled on SN about DD's tough as nails rebounding and he led our squad with 9 again tonight and often gets Huge and Needed rebounds. As DD matures, he will be the Double Double man and we can call him DD-DD. We were 17-18 on throws so please don't tweet, text, or even think about calling Gregg to make sure the Shocks are working on throws.
    Need get the sand-man over here but I'm (as well as ya'll) am still wound up tighter than a base drum!!!!!!!!

Notice I ended the last sentence with 8 exclamation points? Our beloved Shocks are now 8-8 and kept the Knights from shining their armor with 8 wins in a row. The Shocks had an answer for every run this very good offensive run and defensive stop UCF team had to throw our way. The Shocks only had 11 turnovers tonight and I'm wishing and hoping for less than 10 versus them mean and lean Bearcats. GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!. Stay tuned because just for good fortune, I just put 9 exclamation points because the Shocks will give it their all in search of win #9!!!!!!!!! Now for the trifecta-!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 17, 2019, 12:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Doesn't really belong here but John Hetzendorf (Track coach) made SCTop10 a bit ago with what looked like a 100 foot throw swish shot at the Heskett Center.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Going to be a tough day at work tomorrow, but really worth it.

SO FREAKING PROUD OF THESE GUYS.

Maybe a few things went right for us. You always look good when you shoot it (52% from the field 94% from the line) so that helps.

However, UCF was 45% from 3. That's strong. And they've only lost 2 games before tonight, BOTH games the other team was seriously lucky to win. Probably should have been 15-0.

Team focus and D was outstanding.

Thought the crowd was good, not great. Not SIU 2004. Not FSU. Not UNI or Iowa. Good, not great.

Gregg however was freaking lit. Like off the hook, mega lit. Everything was working. The praying to the officials, on the court hiking up the slacks to the knees in defensive stance, imploring the crowd, wrist jingle, 2 hands on the headache, staredowns, fast walk, Tacojuggle, the entire repertoire was showcased and on point tonight and it was specfreakingtacular. Oh, and check out the post game lockerroom dance. LIT

Guys have played hard, very, very hard for 3 games in a row and deserved this win. Really proud to be a Shocker fan tonight.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; January 17, 2019, 12:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Oh and..... BURTON HIT A 3!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    commented on 's reply
    He played pretty well in limited minutes @ Houston so Iā€™m gonna give him two in a row.

• pie n eye
    commented on 's reply
    Ouch

• Blackmag
    replied
    Yea this was the perfect match-up for Mitguard and he took advantage. Great to see. I like our freshmen combo guards with Burton and Dennis. Markis was great and SHJ great second half. Kept turnovers down and hit the free ones and controls the boards. Happy happy happy for the team and coaches.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    commented on 's reply
    A Top 2-3 seed could be really pissed to see us as their first opponent in Memphis.
Working...
X