Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjl
    replied
    I noticed our passes were a lot crisper and we made decisions a lot quicker last night. The past few games, we've either had lazy passes or waited too long to pass the ball which told the defender what we were going to do. Last night, JB passed the ball about 10 feet away from either SHJ or DD, and he threw it so hard I couldn't help but notice a difference. Passes were made almost before the player was open last night. Still some hiccups, but a whole lot better overall.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I was especially happy for the way Burton played. I’ve been really critical of him this year with his ball handling, decision making, slow movement of the offense, bad shooting, etc. Last night he proved that there is a real point guard in that big body. This is a huge revelation because it’s our biggest concern going into next season. If we can lean on Jamarius to be the mentor PG to the new guys, it might give us an opportunity to redshirt the ultra thin Fernandez. I hope he continues to grow in this role from here, it was awesome to see.

Leave a comment:

• insaneykaney
    commented on 's reply
    Hope you get better very soon!

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Dexter’s rebound and put back toward the end was huge.
    Burton shooting that three without hesitation was really nice to see.

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Doesn't really belong here but John Hetzendorf (Track coach) made SCTop10 a bit ago with what looked like a 100 foot throw swish shot at the Heskett Center.
    John is the throws coach . Maybe he worked with the Shocks BB team on their throws.

Although one area the Shocks were not great at was 3 point shooting. Who would of thought we beat UCF when only hitting 4 of 15 from 3.

We don't unless everything else is clicking
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 17, 2019, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    As for Taco Fall I disagree with those that don't think he is a good
    center. I've watched him in numerous games and he is a tremendous asset.
    He is what he is. A defensive game changer and a guy you must defend on the offensive end. True, most of his value is indirect (his presence in the paint allows the rest of the defense to extend and play passing lanes, he gets Dawkins & others open jumpers and 3s because he has to be doubled with the ball) but it's still great value.

Last night was a hoot but 3G has a major challenge now getting our guys ready to play with that kind of intensity again Saturday.
    Spot on. Major challenge. They did it once, now can they repeat?

One of my first thoughts as I walked out of CKA last night, watching so many fans smile and enjoy the moment, was to remember Gregg's words that he's repeated so many times this season....there are going to be a lot of ups and downs. Don't get too high, don't get too low.

Leave a comment:

• wusphlash
    replied
    Probably the fewest number of head scratching plays we seen since last season. There were still some but not as many and most importantly, not in crunch time.

Jamarius is getting a lot stronger with the ball. The 3 pointer was a bonus. I think the meat and potatoes of his offense will be drives to the basket and pull up jumpers.

Did the seniors hit any big shots in the second half?

I still think Dexter needs to be more aggressive offensively. Kid certainly has a go get it attitude on the boards.

Regarding AM. My argument all along was that, for whatever reason, he was treated more harshly for mistakes than others and was basically relegated to the end of the bench for games 3 thru 14 instead of being allowed to play through them and learn. My opinion hasn't changed. As he said in the post game, "you can't truly simulate game minutes in practice". He's been given significant minutes these past two games and played solidly. He needs to take advantage of this opportunity. He's going to make mistakes, no doubt. I just hope by the end of season more are buying AM stock than are selling.

Great win guys, now build on it

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Maybe hard to pinpoint plays of the night, but I had three MOMENTS...
    1. Markis rebounding his own missed dunk...on the floor
    2.Markis(I THINK) liftingAsjborn off the ground late
    3. Asjborn's great block at the end

Many other fun moments and Fevers's point about the interaction is spot on

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    I noticed that as well, not sure if it was the chicken or egg thing (did the good play and results mean a better attitude or the other way around?) but not just that, several different personalities I thought. JB was pure confidence. I don't what to say about Midtgaard.....DD was quietly outstanding but the effort was pegged. Someone else said it, but within themselves but at the same time locked in. Didn't miss many tricks last night, something these guys will have to do consistently if they want to keep winning in this league. Gregg too for that matter. He was locked in last night and very upbeat on the radio afterwards. Said more than once "we'll see a lot of good, big, talented teams, but none more so that UCF. Nobody much better than these guys."

Was anyone else thinking Midtgaard/Marshall = Strap Purl/Norman Dale? Well, keep His strength in the dribble.

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Watch Ricky’s JUCO highlights. He’s always had that “right for in front” style of shooting. It’s unusual but has worked in the past.

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Also noticed way more high-fiving, an uptick in guys helping each other off the floor. Team chemistry was a lot better tonight. Something changed.

Leave a comment:

• ShockBand
    replied
    So bummed I had to miss seeing the game in person. I've been having some back spasm issues recently, thought I was over it, then it seizes up literally as I'm getting out of the car in the parking lot to come in. I tried a few steps, but I quickly knew I would have not made it up the stairs to my seat. So I headed home and enjoyed the game on TV. I knew UCF was not likely to lay down another 25 spot in the second half, and I'm so happy to see us finally shoot well enough and play with enough poise to weather the storm of an opponent's comeback attempt. Crowd did sound good on TV! Now to heal up so I can be there in person for the continuation on Saturday!

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    I mention 8-9 games ago that RT just doesn't square up well. If JB sustains his level of play from last night
    he will be impossible to displace. As for Taco Fall I disagree with those that don't think he is a good
    center. I've watched him in numerous games and he is a tremendous asset. JE and MM did a great job
    defending him but even in an off night he just creates problems for teams around the basket and he did so
    to some extent last night. Last night was a hoot but 3G has a major challenge now getting our guys
    ready to play with that kind of intensity again Saturday. If ever there was a "team" win last night was it.
    Totally agree with the team win part...
    Several times, noticed three frosh on floor at same time...healthy action for most part...

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    I mention 8-9 games ago that RT just doesn't square up well. If JB sustains his level of play from last night
    he will be impossible to displace. As for Taco Fall I disagree with those that don't think he is a good
    center. I've watched him in numerous games and he is a tremendous asset. JE and MM did a great job
    defending him but even in an off night he just creates problems for teams around the basket and he did so
    to some extent last night. Last night was a hoot but 3G has a major challenge now getting our guys
    ready to play with that kind of intensity again Saturday. If ever there was a "team" win last night was it.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    commented on 's reply
    Not just a long shot but over a court divider net and through some cables...
Working...
X