Wichita State at Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post
    Your right he sucks not the other not the 9 that averaged 3.6. How can I be so blind
    How can you write a post that is completely unintelligible?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol tell Gregg Marshall that basketball is all about the points.

22 points. And how many wins out of 15 games?
      He seems like a smart guy pretty sure he understands if you score more points you will win everytime..

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I need to point out something here.....without a PG to run the team and the floor, ESPECIALLY in Gregg's system which HEAVILY relies on the PG, we're just not going to get as much out of the system as we're used to, and, by default, going to have to rely on guys "making plays" to score. Now, if you think that's on Gregg, so be it, but there's no argument that I can see that Markis and SHJ are by far our best options when it comes to making individual plays.
        Why can't SHJ and MM be taught that passing is a part of basketball as well? Or do they not possess those skills?

Also, you can "make plays" without taking horrendous shots. I feel like you're making excuses for players because we don't have a FVV or LS this year. How about some adjustment?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not making excuses at all. They both have shortcomings, and a lot of them. However they aren't the disasters you consistently make them out to be. And if they sat we'd be getting drilled so damned bad every game it's not even funny. At no point have I said, or anyone here that I have seen, that McDuffie and Haynes-Jones are All Americans, without flaw, the best players in a decade or anything like that. BUT they are our best options today. I wish they weren't, but they are. They both make mistakes, no doubt. They both do stuff that curls your toes sometimes. But THIS team is better with them on the court than off, nine times out of 10. It would be wonderful if they were the 4th and 7th best option on the team. Actually they were last year, and we were a top 20 team all year for the most part. They aren't perfect, nobody says they are, I'm not, and neither are you...or Gregg for that matter. But they both need to be on the floor for THIS team to win much at all.

• ShockerFever
          ShockerFever commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they would be better examples to the youngsters if they were a bit more selfless. Even if that costed us another win or two, in what will be a dismal season regardless. We aren't going to the NCAA's. We aren't finishing top half. Why shouldn't we start incorporating some more team concepts? You don't have to have a PG for everyone to play like a team.

I get what you're saying but it's the way they're doing it. I know where we're at and what we're limited to. But I just fail to accept that's the way we HAVE to play.

He seems like a smart guy pretty sure he understands if you score more points you will win everytime..
        lol Have you been following all 4 years?

That ideology is the complete OPPOSITE of what Marshall teaches. Why don't you tell that line to his face and see what he comes back with sometime?

Seriously, you need to dial it back now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Coaches job. Easy to blame the players, once again when you guys are all done with the overnight shift at walmart and move out of your mom's basement come back and let's talk.
          And you can call us when you’re finished cleaning out our septic tanks.

Comment

Coaches job. Easy to blame the players, once again when you guys are all done with the overnight shift at walmart and move out of your mom's basement come back and let's talk.
            Easy on those 3rd shift Walmart employees...Who do you think will train Markis next year? Rhetorical

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

How can you write a post that is completely unintelligible?
              Simple 34 divided by 9 equals 3.7..they taught me that in 2nd grade. MM 22 SHJ 14. The other 9 average 3.7 per. Clearly the seniors are to blame. I apologize for not seeing it sooner.

Comment

• AndShock
                AndShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Is MM 22 SHJ 14 their number of points or number of shots? It's hard to tell because they're always about the same.

• Aargh
                Aargh commented
                Editing a comment
                2nd grade? was that last year or the year before?

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL

• Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post

Easy on those 3rd shift Walmart employees...Who do you think will train Markis next year? Rhetorical
              Okay that is funny...touche...

Comment

• ripemupshocks
                ripemupshocks commented
                Editing a comment
                No it's not.

• Coach seems frustrated with the freshman, including several call outs of individuals, but no comment on our seniors. So they seem to be playing the way HCGM wants them to play. Fair enough.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• lmor1971
                lmor1971 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah MM 57% from 3 and 6 of 7 from the line tonight should be called out terrible...leading american in scoring top 10 in FT % and 3 point percentage. I can see where everyone is coming from...

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                And 4 turnovers.

That's 9 in 2 games. And that doesn't count the bad shots.

But let's not talk about that stuff. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE POINTS.

• Topshock
                Topshock commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually thought GM sent a message this game 2 or 3 times to MM. He took a forced shot and immediately went to the bench to consider his shot selection.

• Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post

Go away now.
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                Coach seems frustrated with the freshman, including several call outs of individuals, but no comment on our seniors. So they seem to be playing the way HCGM wants them to play. Fair enough.
                As expected.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Small victories are okay with this team because they are so young and inexperienced. However, I want to see some big victories come February and March. At least some big victories.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

Go away now.
                    Why because I disagree?

Comment

• ripemupshocks
                      ripemupshocks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That was directed towards MrsHenryLevitt. I didn't like the third shift Walmart McDuffie cheap shot. I actually agree with what you've said in defense of McDuffie.

• Can't fault the effort - they certainly played hard!
                    Not going to say anything about the crew tonight. 'Nuff said.

JE and IPC had rough nights. AM is never going to develop D-1 level foot speed, but is someone who can fill need when the right match up comes along. Unless they have someone else in the fold, not sure they should run him off.

No more on the SHJ talk. I'm done with his decision making process. It is what it is and not going to change.

UH goes on a 14-0 run to start the second half... no HCGM TO. I didn't expect one either. His MO is oh so predictable and not about to change. Just like SHJ, it is what it is.

I saw improvement tonight from Frosh DD, JB and especially RB.They will get it together and when they do...

And yes, the UH shot that had assistance was clearly offensive goaltending. They just flat missed. it.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Usual great take. Don't understand the no TO but I also KNEW he wasn't going to take one.

Loved the way the kids played hard, even if it was misguided at times. They kept coming back to the end.

• mattdalt
                      mattdalt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WuDrWu, you don't understand, or your disagree?

• Two relatives of a current player commented on a Taylor Eldridge article on Facebook mentioning the selfish play of the team tonight. Two things: 1) If I were said player I would certainly not want my relatives to make those sort of public statements. 2) It's been hinted at all season that there may be some chemistry issues with this team and this is more proof, imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X