No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “It’s like that every game,” Marshall said. “The other team is in the bonus real early. It’s not the same referee crew that travels around with us, so I assume it’s us.”

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Nothing wrong with what Erik's parents said and they have more right to say it than most anyone, certainly the fans, but yeah, that's simply not going to end well, for anyone. I hope someone can get in their ear and tell them as much.

On another note, clearly this team is reaching or is at a crossroads in the season. I think Wednesday night is a huge game for the program and Shocker Nation need to bring their A+ game from start to finish. We must make the game a 6 on 5 contest and just good won't cut it.

Comment

• AndShock
        AndShock commented
        Editing a comment
        Bad combo with the time and it being UCF. One of the best teams in the league this year but definitely on the lower end as far name recognition goes. I’m not expecting a packed house.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Shocker fans will continue to amaze me...

https://i.imgur.com/u7yRVhV.gif

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        We could realistically lose the next 4 games before we get some wins. The schedule is just so difficult right now.

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post

Easy to prepare for if entire offense runs through 2 seniors. That has to change at some point.
      Agree with you. But things could change if JB and RT would take the effing midrange shot when they do penetrate the paint. Don't know how many times I have watched both of them fail to take the shot. It's there every game and they don't take the shot. It used to be frustrating to watch it, but now I just accept that they will not do it. I think Coach said some of our players take bad shots and some of our players don't take the good ones they have.

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        It can't be because they cannot hit the midrange. RT is 18-27/.667 inside the arc and JB 24-49/.490 while MM is .445 and SHJ .379. Even ES is at least .400, so maybe taking some shorter pull up shots might get on track from 3.

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Nothing wrong with what Erik's parents said and they have more right to say it than most anyone, certainly the fans, but yeah, that's simply not going to end well, for anyone. I hope someone can get in their ear and tell them as much.

On another note, clearly this team is reaching or is at a crossroads in the season. I think Wednesday night is a huge game for the program and Shocker Nation need to bring their A+ game from start to finish. We must make the game a 6 on 5 contest and just good won't cut it.

I agree parents and family should probably avoid social media. After that I'm wondering if you have been in the Wudew.

I don't think your insinuation that fans' don't have the right to call out selfish play when they see it in social media is right or find much support.

As far as Wednesday's game. What crossroads are they at? The corner of Nowhere and Pride Less Ln? The team is going nowhere this year short of making what would be one of the most unlikely runs in conference tournament history, That's ok for this year.

The team is playing for pride and experience for the younger players for better years ahead. If they loose against UCF and Cincinnati as I think most people expect them too, I thing everyone expects them to move forward and continue to play for pride. If they don't then this probably isn't the right program for them anyway.

I'm sure the crowd will be very supportive against UCF but I wouldn't expect it to be epic or anything. You can't ask people to be in a frenzy like WSU is playing for the AAC title or seeding or the NIT or ......., just pride. I'm sure the crowd will be appropriate.

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure "old" has a lot to do with it. Our daughter and granddaughter come to the games with us, but due to being a school night, won't be coming. We have other friends going, but fathers and mothers with school age children may not be coming as well. It's also in the middle of a work week and some may need to rise and shine quite early. Some may come for the first half only. Some drive in from out of town and can handle leaving to go home after 9:00 where after 11:00 just won't work.

Being a successful program, now in a bigger, better conference is what we all want. We've always had great fan support, but this success has it's challenges for a fan base. Higher costs to the fans/supporters, having a "home" game not included in those costs (I'm not against the Intrust game by the way), and funky scheduling for TV that also may eliminate some contributing fans from a home game.

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        WSU fans brought it when WSU was 0-6... we will do it again.

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you're right proshox

• Stickboy's comment about the 72 timeouts made me laugh!!! I think I've sat by that guy!!!!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        Stickboy's comment about the 72 timeouts made me laugh!!! I think I've sat by that guy!!!!:)
        If we save enough timeouts, maybe we can take them all at once one game. That would give us enough time to go recruit and sign a good 3-point shooter before play resumes.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
        X