No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your right he sucks not the other not the 9 that averaged 3.6. How can I be so blind

Comment

• Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post
      Certainly it must be the guy averaging 20 points a game fault
      He's clearly immune to criticism.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Your right he sucks not the other not the 9 that averaged 3.6. How can I be so blind
        Relatives probably should stay away from message boards.

I'm not trying to be mean because I think MM has talent. But it's selfish talent. And part of it is coaching too so I don't blame him all the way.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Did anyone truly think we’d win this game?

Comment

• WichitaHawk
            WichitaHawk commented
            Editing a comment
            At half time I thought we had a chance. Then H town started hitting threes

• Yes a few good things happened

Comment

• Their were signs of progress tonight. Markis and Samsjae clearly have some skills. If they would just buy into using those skills within a team concept I think this team could be pretty good. 3G bears a good chunk of the blame for that not happening. I could care less how many points MM and SHJ are averaging. The question is are they making their team better.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 13, 2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Isn't every game all about points? Think your mom is calling you from upstairs.
              "You come at the King, you best not miss"--Omar Little

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Their were signs of progress tonight. Markis and Samsjae clearly have some skills. If they would just buy into using those skills within a team concept I think this team could pretty good. 3G bears a good chunk of the blame for that not happening. I could care less how many points MM and SHJ are averaging. The question is are they making their team better for
                Thank you. Well said.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Lomax isn’t on our team and he doesn’t even start for Memphis so it would be unlikely he would be playing 45 minutes for us. If our plan for the future was all about him, that’s bad recruiting.

Comment

• Topshock
                    Topshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Certainly not, unless it went to overtime.

• I was happy with the overall effort. That effort does win some games this year. At least I see some want to. Tough loss but good effort.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    At one point late in the second half, we had 5 freshman on the floor. (Ok, one was a redshirt freshman). Live and learn year.
                    Future looking pretty decent when they are in their junior year...combine that with one more long big man with some talent to replace Echenique and WSU will be in business.

Comment

Their were signs of progress tonight. Markis and Samsjae clearly have some skills. If they would just buy into using those skills within a team concept I think this team could pretty good. 3G bears a good chunk of the blame for that not happening. I could care less how many points MM and SHJ are averaging. The question is are they making their team better.
                      I need to point out something here.....without a PG to run the team and the floor, ESPECIALLY in Gregg's system which HEAVILY relies on the PG, we're just not going to get as much out of the system as we're used to, and, by default, going to have to rely on guys "making plays" to score. Now, if you think that's on Gregg, so be it, but there's no argument that I can see that Markis and SHJ are by far our best options when it comes to making individual plays.

Comment

• proshox
                        proshox commented
                        Editing a comment
                        +1. We have a bunch of dudes who having trouble shooting straight or won’t shoot. MM set up Ricky numerous times and he never pulled the trigger.

Their were signs of progress tonight. Markis and Samsjae clearly have some skills. If they would just buy into using those skills within a team concept I think this team could pretty good. 3G bears a good chunk of the blame for that not happening. I could care less how many points MM and SHJ are averaging. The question is are they making their team better.
                      Coaches job. Easy to blame the players, once again when you guys are all done with the overnight shift at walmart and move out of your mom's basement come back and let's talk.

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You might want to back off that stance a bit. It's REALLY obvious you have no clue what you're talking about, and you just ripped a guy who has more basketball knowledge left over from his playing days, in just his little finger, than you will ever possess in your lifetime.

• Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
                      Lomax isn’t on our team and he doesn’t even start for Memphis so it would be unlikely he would be playing 45 minutes for us. If our plan for the future was all about him, that’s bad recruiting.
                      Austin would be the best PG on this team by far.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I omitted that, more poor recruiting I assume.

Coaches job. Easy to blame the players, once again when you guys are all done with the overnight shift at walmart and move out of your mom's basement come back and let's talk.
                      Get over the butthurtness. I don't want stat-padders. I want WINNERS.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                      X