No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM praising SHJ and MM in post-game interview. It is what it is.

Comment

• Shockersarelife
      Shockersarelife commented
      Editing a comment
      Praise all he wants with them as leaders we lose

• DUShock
      DUShock commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly believe that he is grateful they didn’t jump ship with the exodus.

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      That exodus might not be over either...

• He’ll think different after he watches the film.

Comment

• AndShock
      AndShock commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not convinced

• Discussing negatives would literally take hours.
    Positives from today's game:

1. We didnt lose by double digits
    2. Our posts (Isaiah included) and Dennis should be formidable and continue to develop this season
    3. Haynes jones actually had a few nice assists
    4. Our zone actually got a few stops

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      Why didn't we go to the zone earlier. It was a Temple layup drill against our man. `

• With all of the negatives, we just witnessed big strides- in particular DD and IPBC
    Last edited by BostonWu; January 6, 2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Husker4Shockers
      Husker4Shockers commented
      Editing a comment
      Gregg couldn't bring himself to give any props to IPBC in the post have with Mike and Dave.

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
    HCGM praising SHJ and MM in post-game interview. It is what it is.
    Yep. He'd rather go down with the sinking loyalty ship.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Has Temple stopped shooting layups yet?
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• This one is on the coach.

1. They ran the same play again and again on us the second half. Spread the floor and go 1 on 1 to the basket. Our 16 point lead was entirely gone before Marshal went to a zone to try and stop it.
        2. We lost a 16 point lead without calling a time out. The ended the game with an 11-0 run with only a time out for us to make a play for a final shot. Yes, I know this is how he coaches. He loves for the players to "figure it out themselves". Well our roster is Freshman who are not figuring it out themselves. Ending OT with two unused time outs is inexcusable.
        3. Playing Udeze in OT was a very interesting coaching move and did not work out as well. I think the kid will be great in a couple years, but this was not the time for that. His turnovers in the post in OT killed us.

This is a game we should have won. Temples coach took Marshall to the woodshed today.

Comment

• proshox
          proshox commented
          Editing a comment
          This * 100...

Adding to your list..

Sitting your two best players because they have two fouls in the second half

Not immediately recognizing Jamie was hurt and letting him limp up and down the court a couple of times

Bringing a screener when you cleared out for your point guard to make a play

• Everybody runs the same play against us going one on one. Why. Because RT, ES, DD, and SMJ cannot stay in front of the player they are guarding without given up the layup or foul. The same for MM. But I too wonder why MU was in the game late. Did JE and IPBC foul out?

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          JE was hurt, have no idea why MU played instead of IPBC

• Like I’ve said no point guard, terrible ball handling leads to atomic bombs. Mcduffie and SHJ have good stretches followed by horrible and with the lack of leadership it leads to lost leads and blown games. IPB and Dexter Dennis played really good games. Stevenson is playing without any confidence and is letting his lack of offense effect his defense. Disappointing game, should have been a W

Comment

• Dennis and Chandler are improving. I still think ES will figure it out and become a key piece. We really need one of our two guards to pan out as a PG next year.

Comment

• Lol I said at the beginning of the season, this team is built around McD and SHJ and we already know who they both are as players. They do not have what it takes to have such a heavy weight on their shoulders. McD is a good player and has elevated his play enough I would be comfortable with him as a #2 option on a team, not a #1. SHJ is not a pg. He just isn't. He should be a scoring threat off the bench, not a starting pg and the #2 option on a team. All that being said, Coach doesn't really have much in the way of options besides letting those 2 throw it up 80% of the time. This team is what is, 2 players in way over their heads surrounded by half a team of players who have no idea what they are doing half the time. Future is still bright though boys.

Comment

• SHJ could be an elite distributor. When he wants to, he draws defenders and hits the right man. The problem is he only does that 5% of the time.

Comment

• Only one Fr truly excites me for the future (another is working his way up that). Scary thought.
                The Assman

Comment

• Haven’t read the thread, but...

Regarding the JE disappearing act late: I assume he hurt (re-hurt?) himself in his last appearance of the game. I don’t think he left his seat on the bench from that point on, and I saw Lynn M leave her seat and specifically walk over to JE to encourage him. The bench was empty a couple of times with a huddle, and he was still there by himself.

I could be wrong, but if it quacks like a bird...

Anyways... house money season. Not like a win or a loss today was going to impact our seed, even in the NIT. Developmental season, and we saw more development, even if the end result left you wondering whether to laugh or cry.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

13 atomic bombs. How the hell did we manage to play the rest of the game with that giant-sized crater?

Seriously, I can't believe we made it to OT.
                    They led to dunks are layups. Foe example how does Temple throw the ball full length against our defense taking the ball out under basket for an uncontested dunk? SHJ and DD just looked at them and let them do it. I have never seen anything like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X