No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me Play Angry just boils down to wanting it more than the other guy, especially in crunch time, and doing whatever it takes within the rules to walk off the floor with a win. Whether that is making shots, rebounding, playing tough defense, taking care of the ball, making smart decisions,etc. Whatever it takes to get the job done it gets done.

In the final 3:10 of the Temple game the Owls outscored the Shocks 11-0. Very frustrating and discouraging. Not sure how you describe that play. Play Timid?

Also, this is exactly when you need your team leader(s) to step up regardless of what kind a game they have had to that point.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 6, 2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn. 11-0? Was it?

• Puke
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Couldn't see what happened to Stevenson on that late drive. Was his shot blocked? Did he try to go under and reverse and miss it?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Couldn't see what happened to Stevenson on that late drive. Was his shot blocked? Did he try to go under and reverse and miss it?
        He simply fumbled and lost control of the ball.

Comment

• I had to be away from Koch and my tv as well this afternoon but did a great job of not knowing how the game went until I watched the recording. I can’t add much to what has been said here. Obviously, turnovers killed us...and they were STUPID turnovers...bad, lazy passes...and that’ happened all year. NO excuse for that. That stretch where it happened twice in a row was murder. I give Temple credit for not quitting. Crowd sounded great at times as well. Coach didn’t help us toady. DD was very impressive (we’ve missed him). ES, who I normally really like, was awful. Chandler did pretty well. MM had a good first half and a terrible second half. Just a very disappointing loss...a game that should have been won...but some of coach’s decisions were either poorly executed or poorly made. And now, MK will probably say we’re all being too negative once again. If he think we’re negative now, I wonder what he will say after the next 4-5 games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

He simply fumbled and lost control of the ball.
            I have said it before. ES does stupid sht with the ball going to the basket. If he would just go strong instead of all that stupid play with the ball he would score or get fouled. Early in the season he went strong now he just looks lost.

Comment

• Had to watch the game late. I skipped through the OT in 30 second bunches because I knew it was going bad. A lot of bitching about MM and rightfully so. However, without his unconscious offense early this was probably a ten point loss in regulation. I feel we will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory several more times this year.

The game is too fast mentally for Stevenson right now.

​​​​​​@wsu789 got it correct. The sooner this is is Dennis' team the better.

I thought when we're up 9 late only bad shots and turnovers could blow the lead. I was right.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Was anyone surprised that Dunphy made halftime adjustments and HCGM didn't?
                Anyone surprised that Temple came out the second half and went on a huge run and HCGM relied on TV TO's to try and break their rhythm?
                Anyone surprised that when it comes down to a final set to win the game, a whole of nothing occurs?

CJ had to be watching this debacle and cringing.

DD and IPC are dudes and will be tough match ups for years to come. I found IPC especially intriguing to watch.

Not sure what has happened lately in practice, but ES's mind is screwed right now. Just hope transferring out is not in his thought process.
                Speaking of ES, he has had a number of bad games in a row. As predictable, a number of numb nuts on here are all over him like he stole their kids Christmas gifts.
                Here is the deal - stay off his ass. He is an 18 year old kid, first time 2000 miles from home and is pressing. For the next ****-for-brains who rags his ass, I will catch the next flight out to Wichita and break my leg off in your asshole.
                Book it.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• shoxlax
                  shoxlax commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sorta said the same thing you did about the anti Eric fan club that has suddenly showed up but I was much nicer.

• Remember the days when we looked ahead to baseball season at this point? February 15 is only 5 weeks away!!!

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As if this day wasn't already bad enough.

• Was glad the Shocks ran some zone and yours truly was pleading for more of that in the Memphis game since they were penetrating the rock down our throat and shooting throws all night long while not shooting well from the 3 point line. Of course Shizz had to make the huge 3 that was a dagger even though we still had plenty of chances to win tonight. Of course overall he was 2-9 out there but he won't miss that many if we play them in Philly.

My lineup was used tonight some and I like it best. DD, MM, JE (or IPC), SHJ, and Torres. We will want to keep getting ES, Burton, and the Big U some time and both have had their moments. Brown did not play but I'm thinking they will continue to ease him in. DD not only rebounds well but gets us big and needed rebounds at opportune times.

Last but not least, we continue to hope JE gets healthy so he can play more because good things happen with him in. In the meanwhile, IPC is showing some consistency for us and with a young group, that is welcomed with open arms.

Bonus paragraph over ruling last but not least and because I am mostly not a man of few words, but ya'll already know that bay bay. tsk, tsk. Hoping the Shocks at times do show more zone with this particular squad in hopes it slows down our excessive foul issues while allowing our foes 10 or more made throws too often. Next, we have to keep our turnovers down to a mild roar. These areas cut deep tonight, not to mention our 3-point % is still lackluster and must improve or create more touches inside please.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• pinstripers
                  pinstripers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brown is not gonna get eased in

• forevershockerfan
                  forevershockerfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brown is 10th on the team in minutes played at 7.4 minutes per game. Do you have reason to believe this trend will not continue?

• This has to be the worst senior class in WSU history

Comment

• shoxlax
                  shoxlax commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great contribution to the discussion. Did it take you days to think that up?

• Originally posted by captain View Post
                I believe that we are seeing the direct results of a failure to translate a fantastic run on the court to recruiting success. Getting a 4* every couple of years just is not enough talent to compete at the high level that we have been fortunate to witness over the last few years. This issue is exacerbated by the EXTREME drop-off at PG.
                Remember Lomax? We've got 4 star recruits including pg in the pipeline. Other than penny it's not like the aac is running laps around us on recruiting

Comment

• Rather start Burton Torres over SHJ...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                    Remember the days when we looked ahead to baseball season at this point? February 15 is only 5 weeks away!!!
                    No.

Just no.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                      Was anyone surprised that Dunphy made halftime adjustments and HCGM didn't?
                      Anyone surprised that Temple came out the second half and went on a huge run and HCGM relied on TV TO's to try and break their rhythm?
                      Anyone surprised that when it comes down to a final set to win the game, a whole of nothing occurs?

CJ had to be watching this debacle and cringing.

DD and IPC are dudes and will be tough match ups for years to come. I found IPC especially intriguing to watch.

Not sure what has happened lately in practice, but ES's mind is screwed right now. Just hope transferring out is not in his thought process.
                      Speaking of ES, he has had a number of bad games in a row. As predictable, a number of numb nuts on here are all over him like he stole their kids Christmas gifts.
                      Here is the deal - stay off his ass. He is an 18 year old kid, first time 2000 miles from home and is pressing. For the next ****-for-brains who rags his ass, I will catch the next flight out to Wichita and break my leg off in your asshole.
                      Book it.

That is all.
                      Absofreakinglutely.

It's amazing how spoiled segments of the fanbase are. I for one get extremely frustrated with the team and the results but also understand this was going to be a transition year. It doesn't take freaking rocket science to figure it out. Yes, this game should've been a W and that's extremely frustrating, but the bagging on the true freshmen is pretty garbage. I'm willing to give those guys an extended leash. Meanwhile, these same people defend the seniors, who are aged and have multiple years in the program and still act like freshmen and are as selfish as hell. It's pretty stunning.

And yes, Marshall is definitely responsible for this one. The subbing patterns, the timeout situations, the end-of-regulation play-calling. All big ass FAILS today and arguably over the course of his career.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• choida
                        choida commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I for one only bag on SHJ... And just his game. Gregg let's him get away with things that I've never seen him let other players do with out consequences. You know Gregg is reaching when he let's that happen. Let's hope he brings in some point guard and leaders for next year.
                    Working...
                    X