No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea why ES sees the court. He's a solid defensive rebounder at times and plays hard. But there's plenty of D3 players who play hard.

Quiz.....who does this best describe?

A. He's a midget at his position
    B. Can't shoot
    C. Can't guard
    D. Low BBIQ
    E. Is careless with the ball at times
    F. Prone to inopportune fouls & turnovers
    G. Makes losing plays

Comment

• shoxtop
      shoxtop commented
      Editing a comment
      I had similar thoughts down the stretch, but was unable to come up with a player on the bench that I would rather have on the court. Who would your suggestion have been?

• Turnovers for sure, but Gregg takes a big chunk of this one for his personnel choices.
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• A few of MM's 2nd half stats:

3/9 FG, 1/3 3FG, 4 TO
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I hope these are lessons learned and not lessons experienced. Consistently making the same stupid mistakes game after game suggests the latter. In the player development department, I’m concerned that JB, RT, and ES seem to get measurably worse every game. But DD, PBC, and JE are trending up.
        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
          I have no idea why ES sees the court. He's a solid defensive rebounder at times and plays hard. But there's plenty of D3 players who play hard.

B. Can't shoot
          C. Can't guard
          D. Low BBIQ
          G. Makes losing plays
          Hmmm - Can't be Midtgaard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
            Turnovers for sure, but Gregg takes a big chunk of this one for his personnel choices.
            Might want to also give him some credit for that last possession in regulation. Apparently SHJ was supposed to dribble for 20 seconds and then nothing was supposed to happen.

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              We were terrible drawing up last second shots even when we had NBA players on our team.

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              I am fine with clearing out there... but for the love of god do not bring a screener... they already had a second defender cheating toward Jones. The screener brought a third defender. I have been saying this for years... the screener screws you whether you are Fred, Landry, Frankamp, or Jones. The other team knows time and score and is going to trap you like there is no tomorrow.

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
            I have no idea why ES sees the court. He's a solid defensive rebounder at times and plays hard. But there's plenty of D3 players who play hard.

B. Can't shoot
            C. Can't guard
            D. Low BBIQ
            G. Makes losing plays
            Totally agree. Torres makes mistakes but sometimes he actually plays ok. ES can't even make a layup. They have set him up 5 times this year for the layup and he always does something stupid with the ball. Just shoot the effing layup. SHJ throws more passes that end up for layups for the other team than any guard I have seen in the past 10 years. JB gets the ball taken from him 3 time's a game. We had 21 turnovers. What does the box score say on who led the team in turnovers.

Comment

• The turnovers were awful but was there anyone on the team that didn't have at least one catastrophic defensive breakdown?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Totally agree. Torres makes mistakes but sometimes he actually plays ok. ES can't even make a layup. They have set him up 5 times this year for the layup and he always does something stupid with the ball. Just shoot the effing layup. SHJ throws more passes that end up for layups for the other team than any guard I have seen in the past 10 years. JB gets the ball taken from him 3 time's a game. We had 21 turnovers. What does the box score say on who led the team in turnovers.
                Senior MM with 7.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This loss rests squarely on the coaches.

Comment

• We'll finish 5-13 this year but I'm honestly excited about the future. There's a good nucleus there. Throw in Teddy to the fold and I think we're pushing upper half with NCAA's back on the table for 2020-21.

Hopefully, we balance classes better next time and Marshall really needs to take a crash course on timeouts and end of regulation draw-ups.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The sooner that Dexter Dennis becomes the identity of this team, the better.
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Dexter, Echenique, IPBC and Teddy is a nice foundation. We still need a PG though.

• Mr. Pickle
                        Mr. Pickle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ^Hopefully Fernandes/Etienne can grow into the PG we need

• Originally posted by DCShockerFan05 View Post
                      The turnovers were awful but was there anyone on the team that didn't have at least one catastrophic defensive breakdown?
                      I have watched closely this year. The biggest problem for this team is when we have the ball on offense. So many ridiculous dumb plays. I have never seen anything like it. Even Marshall earlier teams did not play this stupid. It is clear why we recruited two point guards and still looking for more.

Comment

• BostonWu
                        BostonWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If I were one of the PG recruits I'd be salivating

• Temple with 13 steals and pretty much all of them lead to immediate baskets

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        Temple with 13 steals and pretty much all of them lead to immediate baskets
                        13 atomic bombs. How the hell did we manage to play the rest of the game with that giant-sized crater?

Seriously, I can't believe we made it to OT.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                        X