X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

8 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers. Defense was no worse than any of our other guards last night and didn't hurt us with poor shot selection. What would you like him to figure out, exactly?
    I'd like him to find his 43% (on 5 attempts a game) 3 pt shot he had last year in JUCO

Leave a comment:

• Slalomshocker
    commented on 's reply
    "he just can't keep up. Especially with the athletes Memphis was putting on the floor" you could insert that next to just about everyone in black last night except Dexter Dennis, and even then he couldn't stay in front of his guy consistently.

The seniors are killing this team with their bad shots. And what I don't understand is why they are allowed to get away with it every game. I don't really care if there are no other options, you still have to teach the 10 other 'young kids' how to run the offense and play division 1 basketball. Seemed like every time they made a run at Memphis last night, one of the Srs would miss a forced shot (or turn it over-SHJ) and Memphis would push the lead back out. They are trying to do too much and it is really hurting this team.

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Torres - you better figure it out or you’ll spend your Sr. Year on the bench behind a couple freshmen
    8 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers. Defense was no worse than any of our other guards last night and didn't hurt us with poor shot selection. What would you like him to figure out, exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Just saw this too. Great analysis. In all the bad of last night, Poor-Bear was really good. He's very mobile for his size and has now shown some good post moves. If we can just figure out how to consistently get the ball into the post for JE, Poor-Bear, and MU I think we can take that next step. That's a HUGE hurdle with how our guards and seniors play though.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Five plays that show WSU's issues in road loss (Plus some positive plays)

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    commented on 's reply
    This is also what it looks like when you aren't a good basketball player. There is nothing personal going on. He just can't keep up. Especially with the athletes Memphis was putting on the floor.

• B1ShockFan
    commented on 's reply
    AM does have great size and I love his enthusiasm from the bench, BUT when he is in the game he is a step slow. I do believe he is a step back from any of our other 5's. I value his support of the team but he needs to move on to a team where he could be an important piece of their team and could get a lot of their minutes.

• wusphlash
    commented on 's reply
    There is something far more than X and O's going on between Gregg and Asbjorn. IMO it's become personal. Look no further than Gregg's refusal to protect Poor Bear last night and his reaction to AM in the ORU game. If you've never been on the wrong side of a coach, this is what it looks like.

• wusphlash
    commented on 's reply
    Gregg is not going to allow you to see more AM. Would not even put him in to protect the two most productive guys in the first half who both had 2 fouls, that is until Chandler got his third. Seems more and more like Gregg has a personal issue with Asbjorn.

• asiseeit
    replied
    A few more things. First, I never heard anything about MU not being available. Gave IC more time
    and he took advantage offensively. Second, AM's size and potential are too great too discard. His
    stats, although with very limited minutes played, are very decent and his defense has been decent, as well.
    I wish people would get off him. He has not hurt this team one bit and his bench attitude / enthusiasm
    is great despite lack of PT. Have I mentioned before that our starting guards are over matched? I will
    note that RT had 8 assists - he does see the court and finds open team mates but his defense is poor.
    Going into the season I thought the center position would be our main weakness but it has been our
    strength. Both seniors take too many BAD shots and both are playing poorly on defense and those are
    two areas where, as seniors, they should be doing much better at.

Leave a comment:

• wuhog
    replied
    Can’t find tweets. Did they get taken down?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    commented on 's reply
    Along the lines of do you think fan boards like Shockernet are good or bad for the program. I will listen to the podcast of the game and get the exact question.

• N Crestway
    commented on 's reply
    Thought we would see more zone with Echenigue injured...thought we would also see more AM.

• shoxlax
    commented on 's reply
    I was really over the loss, expected it and happy we showed some signs, and then I read this guys running line of low rent shitty tweets. Now I am wide awake and pissed again.

• IndianaShocker
    commented on 's reply
    If we are going to bring in players who require development, it's going to be a long next 3-4 years in this so-so conference.
Working...
X