Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newshock1234
    replied
    If SHJ didnt play another minute then I would be fine by that.

Leave a comment:

• wusphlash
    commented on 's reply
    Which play in the So Miss game bothered you the most. Was it when he was put in for the final free throw? Or maybe it was when he was put in for the final free throw? I guess it could have been when he was put in for the final free throw? Just wondering.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    replied
    I'm recovering from my game-induced hangover.

Yeah, that was a tough one. I'm having fun with the drinking games this year, because contrary to what some may think on here, they're not going to get me even buzzed next year.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you

• Topshock
    commented on 's reply
    Do you even watch games??? AM most certainly played in the Southern Miss game, with his short stint being the start of WSU blowing their lead in that game.

• wusphlash
    commented on 's reply
    Says the guy that criticized AM's play in the Southern Miss game.

• Mr. Pickle
    replied
    “It’s frustrating because we know what we’re capable of...We’ve got to grow up... We’re tired of losing, man." -McDuffie

One can only hope this lights a fire under some asses. At some point, this team is what it is, but it would be great to see them start to turn a corner a little bit. I'm hopeful we can start to see more of the defense from the first 10 minutes, and the offense from the first 4 minutes of the second half. Atomic bomb turnovers have got to start being eliminated. We cannot continue to run a zone defense.

I'm ready to play Temple today, and am oddly excited for that game. It's been a while since we beat a legitimate team.
    Last edited by Mr. Pickle; January 4, 2019, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    And maybe another reason TE appears to be given the cold shoulder, which is unfortunate. TE has not been in the mold of MK or PS and pretty much says it like he sees it (and, so far, he see it quite well). He also visits SN on occasion which also probably doesn't go over well. Hope the Eagle knows they have a winner in Taylor.

• blackandgold
    replied
    Maybe we should go back to recruiting "MVC level" players.

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    The bottom line: there were at least four, maybe five guys on last year’s team that would’ve been the best player on this year’s team including one guy that couldn’t shoot outside of three feet. With the freshmen and JE improving, Teddy Buckets eligible, and one of our newcomers being ready made to play right away that won’t be the case next year.

MM would be a nice 4th or 5th option on a good team, Samajae would barely crack a 9-10 man rotation. Those guys haven’t changed much from last year.

Daishon Smith scored 42 last night but it doesn’t matter because he wouldn’t have been here this year unless he redshirted his senior year. Nonetheless he may be our best player if he were here this year.

Hard to take but easy to understand. If guys hang on, don’t get upset and bail, and understand what it takes to play D-1 basketball between the ears, I promise they and we will see the fruits of their efforts.
    Good comment.

Our two seniors just aren't capable of consistently leading a team.

This year is quickly headed to being nothing more than a try out for next years team. The players that are retained will gain experience from this year. The ones that leave will make room for new players that can contribute.

It seems pretty obvious that some have already, and correctly, been cut from next years team, with a few others playing for their WSU basketball lives.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    It may be unwise, but that is not a reflection on Taylor. It does reflect poorly on Coach Marshall. However, I wouldn't expect #G to change. He is who he is.

• jdshock
    commented on 's reply
    RoyalShock - Agreed totally, and I'm not taking sides. I'm just offering unsolicited advice that it may not be the best career move to publicly call out HCGM for not taking "2 minutes" to answer any questions after a loss. I've had less than zero direct interaction with Marshall, but my suspicion is that he wouldn't appreciate the tweet, right or wrong.

• WstateU
    replied
    Unfortunately, I can't get the image of SHJ's two 'atomic bombs' out of my pea brain; anyone else having the same flashbacks this morning?

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    One more thing and I will shut up for awhile:

Dont put jacksheet into what a player shot in HS or Juco from the three.

Arena backgrounds are different but but most importantly playing defense and actually running set plays like 3G demands completely takes your legs away if you are not used to it. This is a conditioning issue and and an experience issue. Taking plays off in Juco and HS are not uncommon—here you end up on the bench.

Theres a reason SIU couldn’t shoot during their heyday and a reason Creighton could—one played defense and the other didn’t.

That level of conditioning is unfathomable of until you have to experience it. That’s why FVV spend the off season running stadium steps at 6 in the morning with a weighted vest.

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    commented on 's reply
    After reading those tweets, I'm confused. Are you saying GM acted like a two year old because it sounded like he did.
Working...
X