• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Ambiguous??

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      ... and praying it isn't our pain.

These threads sadden me this year. Why? Because almost everyone predicts WSU to lose. I predict a win tonight! Why? Because I believe each time the Shockers run out that they are capable of kicking ass! I believe in them, 100%! Let's Go Shox!
    "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

• insaneykaney
      insaneykaney commented
      Editing a comment
      I ask myself every time I scroll through these pregame threads. It's like we've lost our faith in a sense. Just bothers me, and apparently others judging by the "likes."

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      The players and coaches have my full support and backing. I have faith that they both will grow and improve as a team and individuals. It has nothing to do as to whether I have faith they'll win every game or a particular game. I will rejoice in their wins and look for positives in wins or losses. Yes, I'm not beyond pointing out disappointments. Again, that also has nothing to do with my "faith" in the team that they'll strive to improve.

• molly jabali
      molly jabali commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish it was easy to differentiate from not giving up on a team and yet being able to grasp reality....

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Impossible to tell how high functioning he might be from that snippet.

If I were a gambling man and the line was Memphis -10, I'd take Memphis. Until we have some more guys who are used to shooting at a basket that has people (or even empty seats) instead of a wall behind the basket, it's going to be tough to score a lot. We only have 2 contributors who have ever shot at a basket (prior to this year) that didn't have a wall behind it. That gives the basket a significantly different look.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, we need a wall

• bighouse
      bighouse commented
      Editing a comment
      say it with me....Build that wall...Build that wall............its gonna be Uge

Looked like Jamie was moving around good on that foot lol. Hopefully any good minutes from him tonight is a positive and I hope he continues playing like he was prior to the injury, he was really finding his game. I’m hoping the team starts the new year free of doubt and plays with confidence and tenacity. If we win it will be by a bucket or two. It’s a toss-up. Go Shox☠️

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      87-52 bad guys sadly. Our guys just not enough scoring options and Memphis with the home crowd and new coach wants to show the league a beat down of a perennial Tourney and conference foe.
      Two points off from Memphis final score and a whopping 22 points off from Shockers final score. THANK YOU Poor Bear and Dexter!!!!!! Signs of life maybe???? Keep it up!!! GO SHOCKS!!!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        If I were a gambling man and the line was Memphis -10, I'd take Memphis. Until we have some more guys who are used to shooting at a basket that has people (or even empty seats) instead of a wall behind the basket, it's going to be tough to score a lot. We only have 2 contributors who have ever shot at a basket (prior to this year) that didn't have a wall behind it. That gives the basket a significantly different look.
        pretty good

Comment

Working...
        X