Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post

Not really. On a championship team, there are more bench players than actual stars. As long as you're part of the team, you have contributed somehow right. Remember there are many suoerstars without a ring. Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, to name a few.
    True, but I can't think of any NBA Champions that didn't have 1,2 or 3 superstars or stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You are counting your chickens early. I, and most of the NBA World/pundits thought that the Clippers would win a Championship last year. It seemed that they had traded and signed all of the pieces that they would need, and that didn't end well. Landry needs to do what is best for his career, from a playing POV, and not worry about Championships unless they come to him naturally.
      Oh no. I think you misunderstood. I am not counting anything yet. Yes, I thought last year's Clippers would win too. But we all know what happened. For all we know, the Nets could have too many superstars for their own good. Or becoming the next super team. Who knows. My point is if Shamet plays the way he has been playing, which is not very good, he may as well be on a team with high potential to win it all and get something out of it. Much better than landing a bench spot on a secondary market team. What's best for his career is him starting to make them shots. But until then,

Comment

• Nets will crash and burn
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post

Oh no. I think you misunderstood. I am not counting anything yet. Yes, I thought last year's Clippers would win too. But we all know what happened. For all we know, the Nets could have too many superstars for their own good. Or becoming the next super team. Who knows. My point is if Shamet plays the way he has been playing, which is not very good, he may as well be on a team with high potential to win it all and get something out of it. Much better than landing a bench spot on a secondary market team. What's best for his career is him starting to make them shots. But until then,
          I hope he finds his stroke and/or a team/coach sees him in the roll and value that Doc Rivers did. Landry isn’t a great all around basketball player and he isn’t a physical specimen, but he can stroke it from deep.

Comment

• LS bout to get a big come up...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              LS bout to get a big come up...

If he was smart, he wouldn't ask for money. He'd ask for guaranteed one-on-one gym time.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Landry
                lots

Comment

• No amount of money can buy the opportunity to be on the Beard's good side. Landrycould learn a lot and improve his career greatly by being close to one of the best pure scorer in history.

Comment

• Any team with Harden will not win the championship.

Comment

• Fred had double double with 10 points and 10 assists in addition to 4 steal and 3 blocks offset by one turnover
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Fred had double double with 10 points and 10 assists in addition to 4 steal and 3 blocks offset by one turnover
                        Unfortunately, the Raptors lost. They have improved from 2-8 to 7-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Unfortunately, the Raptors lost. They have improved from 2-8 to 7-11.
                          Growing pains hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Any team with Harden will not win the championship.
                            This hasn't aged well. Harden looks like a totally different player and a great teammate so far. Has nearly as many assists per game as shot attempts since joining the Nets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

This hasn't aged well. Harden looks like a totally different player and a great teammate so far. Has nearly as many assists per game as shot attempts since joining the Nets.
                              I didn’t realize the finals were over already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Might be a little early for that statement. Harden has looked good (5 TOs per game aside), but the Nets have played 1 game of 7 against a team with a winning record. Yes, they won that game, but they also lost 2 to a team that was 2 games under .500 at the time. Most recent wins beating the Heat twice (once by 4 points) and once over a .500 Hawks by 4 is not overly impressive. I could agree after they play more games against the top 1/3 of the East and top half of the West.

Comment

Working...
                                X