The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Now you guys are just messing with me. Kid can seriously get up and throw it down? I mean, I saw FVV dunk in shoot around before a game last year, and while it was a bit surprising, it wasn't exactly a highlight reel dunk. That's what I expected CF to be able to do. Now you're telling me his hops are worth getting excited about?

Pardon the KU intro.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• No dunks, but here is the highlight video from his game against Perry Ellis' Heights team in 2012.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        I'm impressed
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          Dude can yam
          Yam? Is that like a Swedish dunk, or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            Dude can yam
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Although I was very skeptical of Conner's physical ability to play d1 out of high school, I am equally hopeful k-boom rid my skepticism. I am also impressed that Conner realized that the rug can't develop talent and said as much when signing with the Shockers. Here's to a much anticipated season!

Comment

Wow, he dunked 5 times on similar plays.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This reminds me of those videos of Bigfoot.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    This reminds me of those videos of Bigfoot.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Connor will be a stud. Plain and simple.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Whatever else is true, we do know that since Ellis went astray and chose the Chickenhawks for his year or two of college ball (oops! -- but look at his recruiting thread) that has turned into a very solid four-year career, WSU has finished on a higher note than Perry's team each season. And now in his one last try, wouldn't it be something if the Shocks outperform his Rug Rats once again, this time with a key contribution from the overshadowed Frankamp? It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Whatever else is true, we do know that since Ellis went astray and chose the Chickenhawks for his year or two of college ball (oops! -- but look at his recruiting thread) that has turned into a very solid four-year career, WSU has finished on a higher note than Perry's team each season. And now in his one last try, wouldn't it be something if the Shocks outperform his Rug Rats once again, this time with a key contribution from the overshadowed Frankamp? It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
                          With no apologies...the first time I saw Perry play was last March against the BEST team in the state of Kansas and absolutely one of the best teams in the country. I liked Perry's game a lot. Impressed me as he seemed to be the only one to actually "care". Felt sorry for him. Some kids get it and others obviously don't. If your growing up in Kansas where I tend to believe most kids "get it"...I think a lot of top-notch high schooler's choosing between "ego stroking" and "winning" is very clear now. Go have fun winning!!!! Go win and play ball at Wichita St.!!!! It's just funner!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Wow, he dunked 5 times on similar plays.
                            But at different speeds. And we all know how important it is for a guard to change speeds!

Comment

• Yes, AZ, we've been seeing lots of online stories recently about "redrafting" the NBA draft for this year or that -- I wonder what Ellis would have done when he was being recruited if he had been able to see beyond 2012 and know then what he knows now. Let's re-sign the Class of 2012!

Too late for Perry, obviously, which is too bad. He's a very fine player who seems as though he'd be a solid citizen, a team guy, and a big asset anywhere. But his experience may save some other Kansas stud in the next few years who wants to win a ton of games and play deep into March (or April?) without all the here today, gone tomorrow turmoil of the roster in Lawrence.

Comment

• Bump :) love this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X