No announcement yet.

The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can easily differentiate the KU alums on there from the bandwagon fans. The bandwagon fans post with bitter rage, the alums post with aloof condescension.

Do not give them such a benefit of the doubt to kid yourself that almost none of the posters on there are alums.

Comment

• KU is a pretty big school, I'm sure a lot of them are alums. Someone is graduating from the place.

Comment

• ..and holy **** at the amount of WSU threads on that site. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
          KU is a pretty big school, I'm sure a lot of them are alums. Someone is graduating from the place.
          It is actually not a big school at all for being a public school in a power conference. I would bet they are in the lower 1/3 amongst that comparable set. K-State actually has a larger enrollment, and with the combo of Bardo's goals and KU's new academic highbrow standards KU stands a very real chance of being the 3rd largest school in the state of Kansas 5-10 years from now.

Comment

• I could put this in the KU topics thread, but I don't want to be the old dude with the machine gun.

I'm hoping someday soon not to find out how many minutes CF played and how many points he had in every single game on our front page. Yes, I know I don't have to read it and lots of time I skip it, but honestly his update is getting as much play these days as the much more relevant info of how our first four-year player to make the NBA in a long time is doing.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Any KU fan talking smack about last night's game needs to be reminded of this game from last year.

At least we won our game and it wasn't against a lower-division league foe.

What a bunch of hypocritical morons with short memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Any KU fan talking smack about last night's game needs to be reminded of this game from last year.

At least we won our game and it wasn't against a lower-division league foe.

What a bunch of hypocritical morons with short memories.
                Preach.
                The Assman

Comment

• There is so much basketball ignorance among KU fans on that board. It's as if as soon as the other team gets the ball they close their eyes until KU gets the ball back because offense and *-star recruits are all that matters.

When they try to call BYU our best win, completely ignoring the SLU and UT games, it shows them to be stupid and incapable of engaging in a simple debate. What are they going to say if Duke falls out of the top 25 and SLU jumps in? I'm sure they'll find some other reason to unjustifiably claim superiority. LOOK AT OUR RPI! LOOK AT OUR RPI! RPI RULES!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                    Mark it down... KU will play in Wichita with Ellis and Frankamp... it just won't be against WSU.
                    Or will they be on opposing teams?

What's that you say? Yet another classic Frankamp thread?

Yep...

Comment

• Oh and don't forget the amazing step forward that this idea/thread took last Sunday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        If you think KU wanted nothing to do with playing WSU, that's probably increased with the commits of Frankamp and Connor.

I wouldn't be surprised if KU will insist that WSU not be invited to any exempt tourneys if the organizers want KU on the ticket. I hope WSU draws KU in the NCAA's sometime during the careers of Frankamp and Ellis. I think some focused basketball would be seen - probably from both teams.
                        Circa 2011, folks

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          My point is simple.

These two, the very best Wichita kids, aren't going to play here.

Yet, despite that I believe we are headed for a run of success that we've seen only a few times at WSU.

I used to think the only way to really take a step up, beyond one Sweet 16 appearance, is to get the very best local players.

Clearly that point was lost on most of the Phog posters, who drug up talk of Chickenhawks, t-shirts, WSU not playing KU blah blah blah.

They are a thin-skulled bunch over there.
                          Very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            I'll take VanVleet and Early > Frankamp and Ellis

Do your homework, Hawkers.
                            Another brilliant post, except now Perry is the only Jayhawk.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Rumors are swirling that Perry is going to declare. No inside knowledge on the issue, but boy would that be a shame for next year's Jayhawk squad.

A shame indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Rumors are swirling that Perry is going to declare. No inside knowledge on the issue, but boy would that be a shame for next year's Jayhawk squad.

A shame indeed.
                                For Perry's sake, I think he needs another year.

Speaking of which, I know WSU offers a graduate degree in his field and KU doesn't :)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X