The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
    I am a big Perry Ellis fan, but I don't believe he gets the minutes here that he does there. There's a guy named Cleanthony Early here who will get his minutes. However, Perry would really be nice for next year. As for Conner, I agree that he would not be gettingminutes here. Maybe provide some additional depth in case of injury or foul trouble, but that's about it.
    Don't know what has suspended your rational thought processes regards Perry Ellis playing for the Shockers -

Perry's KU stats are - 13 pts; 6.5 rebounds; 1.2 assists in 27.9 minutes per game

IMO if he played for the Shockers his stats would be 20 pts; 10 rebounds; 3 assists in 30 minutes per game

Additionally, IMO if Perry played for Marshall he would have a much better chance of becoming an All American and capture a meaningful NBA contract.

CF has no future with the Shockers; he would make a good addition for Danny Manning's Tulsa team if Manning doesn't get canned this year.

Comment

• Don't even start me thinking about how good we'd be with Perry at the 5.

I don't believe @Shocker1976: is factually correct with his comment "CF has no future with the Shockers".

Comment

• Those are strong and not so subtle hints by the good doctor.

Wow. That would be big news indeed.

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Those are strong and not so subtle hints by the good doctor.

Wow. That would be big news indeed.

Before I get accused, rightly or wrongly, of floating half or misinformation, all I'm saying is that there are obvious signs that Connor might not be the happiest kid in Lawrence, and that playing time might not exactly be right around the corner. He's buried right now and that's really unlikely to change anytime soon.

And Wichita State is hardly the worst option a kid would have if they were looking for more playing time in 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Before I get accused, rightly or wrongly, of floating half or misinformation, all I'm saying is that there are obvious signs that Connor might not be the happiest kid in Lawrence, and that playing time might not exactly be right around the corner. He's buried right now and that's really unlikely to change anytime soon.

And Wichita State is hardly the worst option a kid would have if they were looking for more playing time in 2 years.
              I can see this conversation spinning out of control and out of Shockernet...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                That would be a first.

Comment

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• If Conner plays basketball in Wichita I hope it's at Newman. Do we really want a KU reject that already told us "thanks, but no thanks?" I'm not saying picking KU over WSU is a crazy decision, but don't come crawling back when it doesn't work out.

I guess I'd be fine with him being a walk-on...

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        If Conner plays basketball in Wichita I hope it's at Newman. Do we really want a KU reject that already told us "thanks, but no thanks?" I'm not saying picking KU over WSU is a crazy decision, but don't come crawling back when it doesn't work out.

I guess I'd be fine with him being a walk-on...
                        I think we accept any player, who the coaching staff thinks will improve our team, with open arms.

Comment

• Isn't this a topic for around the NCAA or off topic? These scrubs decided to go to the lower ranked school in Kansas so they have nothing to do with the Wichita State Basketball program. Keep KU kstate talk out of the shockers forum. Just my opinion but our guys deserve that respect.

Comment

• Agree with Royalshock.......especially since he is a local kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              Isn't this a topic for around the NCAA or off topic? These scrubs decided to go to the lower ranked school in Kansas so they have nothing to do with the Wichita State Basketball program. Keep KU kstate talk out of the shockers forum. Just my opinion but our guys deserve that respect.
                              Pluuuuuueze...get over urself. Its a message board. So ur saying we are not allowed to speak about any basketball news, made up or otherwise, outside of 21st and hillside. ok

Comment

• Conner has the talent and basketball IQ. Can't imagine GM not welcoming him if he committed to becoming
                                physically stronger and playing defense. He would have the transfer year to add ten pounds of muscle and
                                participate in the physical team scrimmages. Upon returning the following year he would then benefit from
                                playing WITH Fred/Ron and learning his role. With his ability if he applied himself he could then become a very special
                                player in our program. I say commit to our program,work hard, get stronger and the doubters will quickly change
                                their attitudes, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X