• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    There goes Chance Moore
    Coach Marshall showed him the door
    no Chance no Moore

Just a fun limerick. I hope he comes back after the break!
    He has been removed from the roster page on goshockers. I think that is a pretty definitive sign that he won't be back

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      That just happened today. I checked last night and he was still listed.

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Great minds think alike SB Shock. I was just a shade behind.

As a note: http://goshockers.com/roster.aspx?path=m_bkb

Comment

KWCH reporting it

https://www.kwch.com/content/sports/...502951271.html

He will probably apply for waiver with NCAA and be immediately granted to play for whatever school he transfers to this year.

Comment

Actually, a good move by Chance. If you know you are going to move on doing it at the semester gives you the option of missing about 10 games and playing 2nd semester next year plus 2 more years or sitting out all of next year and playing 3 full years.

I wish him well and quite frankly can't blame him a bit for moving on. Hopefully, he finds or has found a good fit and situation for himself.

Comment

• proshox
          proshox commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly - this is the time to make the move... it will be interesting to watch where he goes and to see if grades played a part in the decision.

Would've liked to see him stick around, but he didn't seem like he was much of a team player.

Comment

He couldn't beat out other young inexperienced freshmen on this roster and rather than bucking down and trying to prove himself, he is moving on.

Funny think is, he'd be due for playing time now, with Dexter out.
          The Assman

Comment

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            Not saying it the right or wrong move.

Plenty of people have succeed moving on, but there are plenty of success stories of kids staying put and trusting the process.

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Funny think is, he'd be due for playing time now, with Dexter out.
          Maybe, but I'm thinking Jamarius and Rod will be 1st in line to absorb DD's minutes even if Chance was still here.

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Rod finally started showing some flashes last game. I hope he can start becoming a player.

Ok so was the back thing a ruse or not?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• XManCometh
            XManCometh commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely a ruse. Guy had issues with his attitude, not his back.

Count me in the camp that thinks this is super lame on his part. It’s a team full of newcomers and plenty of angles toward becoming a megastar...if you are one.

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going to disagree. Everyone, players included, knows that next year the Shox are 1 over on scholarships already committed, and JuCo recruiting hasn't really gotten going yet. Whether by choice or not, 1 or 2 were leaving the program at the end of the year - period - the end.

It wasn't hard for Moore to count 12 guys ahead of him on the depth chart, and he's a wing where the class is really deep. Moore can either go to a JuCo and play immediately and test the D1 route again in a year and a half, or take some time off and play some ball starting again in a year. He might need, or want, some time off.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            If he plays his cards right, he may be able to nurse this back issue into a medical redshirt and still have 4 years to play.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Ok so was the back thing a ruse or not?
          Sounds like maybe a spine issue...

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
            Horn28Clem30 commented
            Editing a comment
            LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Sometimes it happens:

Comment

Sometimes it just doesn't work out. No need to drag the kid down. He is only what, 18-19. Marshall is tough to play for and his style is not going to be the best for every kid. I wish him well.

Comment

Comment

Marshall's style isn't for everyone. Good luck to him

Comment

It always looked like he was too fragile and mayhap needed a redshirt year.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let me rephrase and say “highly suggest”. I little sensitive are we?

As for “what can a coach do”? How about not play him?

• 1979Shocker
                    1979Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Any coach can force a redshirt on a player by not playing them.

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think a redshirt year would have been good. Several factors go into a coaches decision. (1)I don’t want a player to burn a year who isn’t a totally sold out player. (2) I don’t want a player an extra year who isn’t sold out to WSU. (3) If I know I’m going to sign more players than I have scholarships, I don’t mind a player or two transferring (4) CM had already taken a post grad year at Sunrise so he’s already 19 or 20. Ron Baker was a great redshirt candidate. CM wasn’t.
                Working...
                X