No announcement yet.

Chance Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember thinking how unfortunate it was when he tweeted he was headed to "Witchita" State. Superficial I know, but rubbed me wrong at the start.

Comment

Lots of guys transferring all over the NCAA already. Maybe we'll look at bringing one in now
      Last edited by pinstripers; December 17, 2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        Who else is transferring? He's the only scholarship player that I know of who is transferring.

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        Think his departure opens up a schollie for the third signee Marshall inked in November.

I have no problem bringing in one now if a really top-notch option is available. If not, let's take our time and make sure we do the best we can.

Obviously, if we do bring another player at the semester than we know for sure that at least 1 more of the current scholarship players will be moving on. I think most think that is coming one way or the other anyways.

Comment

We will be loooooaaaaaded at the traditional guard positions next season (Torres, Burton, Stevenson, Dennis, Fernandez, Etienne) and I don't see any chance the returning guards will go elsewhere. Allen and a combination of Burton, Stevenson and Dennis will be solid at the 3. The 4 becomes interesting. It seems to be where Brown is the most comfortable. Gordon will slot there more than likely. Returning post players (Ech, Udeze, Mitgaard, Chandler) will make that position crowded. As I previously mentioned, I don't think any of the returning traditional guards will leave. I think Brown will stay...but stay tuned. If more transfers are coming, it will probably come from the post position. If that happens, I would like to see us land a juco 4.

Comment

Welp, I called this one during the summer. Not surprising, but unfortunate. He didn’t seem to have an attitude that would fit in well here (hence the me predicting he would transfer). Someone had to go. We are stacked at the guard position for the future. Probably the best candidate to take his talents elsewhere.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Then I read your comment right after posting mine. I guess we're both special. I'll share the spotlight.

T

...:cool:

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          It wasn’t a huge leap but I just hate speculating until we have a chance to see it play out.

I issued a warning about Chance back in the summer. I just wanted to chime in to toot my own horn. Carry on.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Jhook89
          Jhook89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha exactly what I was doing.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Good luck to Chance!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

His cryptic messages always made me scratch my head. I just thought that was his personality, but maybe he just never really felt at home at WSU.

Like Marshall said on his radio show, most of these kids grew up being the best player they knew and having everyone telling them that as well. Then, when they get here, they realized it's not that easy anymore.

Chance definitely has talent, but can he dig deep and dot he extra stuff to be great remains to be seen.
            The Assman

Comment

I can't recall another player in the Marshall era leaving so soon

Comment

• wusphlash
                wusphlash commented
                Editing a comment
                Ede Egharevba

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                Johnny Coy

• Ixiah
                Ixiah commented
                Editing a comment
                Ede Egharevba was the one that came to mind. He ended up transferring to Albany where he was little used. In his last year of eligibilty he moved on to North Carolina A&T and had a good season.

How long was Peyton Allen here before he transferred?
              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                He sat out a whole transfer season, then left for personal stuff I believe.

• XManCometh
                XManCometh commented
                Editing a comment
                He didn't transfer. He completely dropped out of school and stopped playing basketball until this year when he signed with Univ of Illinois Springfield.

Marshall's WSU isn't the easiest place to play, although the rewards are considerable for those who buy in and stick with the program.

Still, if he doesn't fit, he doesn't fit -- some guys jump ship too quickly and for the wrong reasons, and would be better off to hang tough; but we don't know whether Chance is one of those or just honestly and wisely realized this wasn't the place for him and decided to start over. In either case, life goes on, and now the numbers question is eliminated, at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                His cryptic messages .
                they weren't very cryptic though. Chance thought he was a 10/10 and should be playing.

HCGM knows a million times more than I do about basketball but I think i would have a policy that states something like:

"have a problem with your playing time.....come and talk to me. But if I read that you have a problem with your playing time on social media then I guarantee you will not play at all"
                Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; December 18, 2018, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

they weren't very cryptic though. Chance thought he was a 10/10 and should be playing.

HCGM knows a million times more than I do about basketball but I think i would have a policy that states something like:

"have a problem with your playing time.....come and talk to me. But if I read that you have a problem with your playing time on social media then I guarantee you will not play at all"
                  THIS!!!!

Comment

Went from GOAT to that G is OUT...✌️

Comment

Working...
                    X