No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Southern Miss Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The inability on the floor, to tell a good shot from a bad shot, is astounding.

Comment

• Is Joerg. All win is good win. Thanks you.

Comment

• 38% from the field, 28% from the arch, 52% from the line...thank goodness we played Southern Miss.

We did win the rebounding battle 48-31, but committed 16 TO's to 10...thank goodness we played Southern Miss.

Comment

• Guessing 800 empty seats last Wednesday, probably more than that this coming Wednesday.

Comment

• Shocker85
            Shocker85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wednesdays around Christmas are always bad. People do other things plus school is out. Just comes with the territory

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
          38% from the field, 28% from the arch, 52% from the line...thank goodness we played Southern Miss.

We did win the rebounding battle 48-31, but committed 16 TO's to 10...thank goodness we played Southern Miss.
          ...with that said, I ask myself (yes, I talk to myself...probably the golfer in me) SHOXAAC did you expect at the start of the season to be any better than 6-4 at this point in the season? Probably not. I might have wanted to see a better trajectory in the level of progression however. I just keep telling myself (yes, here we go again talking to myself), SHOXAAC be patient grasshopper (do you like the Kwai Chang Caine reference from Kung Fu). It's almost like potty training a 2-year old...some days are diamond, some days are stone (how about that John Denver song reference).

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

• Sorry if I missed another post or thread on this but I didn’t see Chance Moore on the bench at IBA. I think he was in street clothes at the last game. Anyone know what’s up with that?
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• It is a real shame that the class imbalance became so pronounced in this program. Watching the games this season you can see clear talent in many of these players. Dennis, Burton, Udeze, Stevenson clearly belong. Torres and Echinique in a normal roster are quite capable JuCo fillers and would play a lot. However ... the senior leadership struggles in the court at times (often). To have 2-4 seniors and 2-4 Juniors who can be relied upon in crunch time would be invaluable together now. And you know upper classmen can help bring youngsters along and provide credible "this is how it's done here" leadership.

The kids are getting baptism by fire experience this season. The cost will be more losses than wins and we might have casualties with transfers along the way. I really see a lot of goodness in these freshmen. Udeze is one of the best freshman bigs we have had in a while and his improvement is already remarkable. Dennis can be a Tekele Cotton type player - he loves to rebound and play defense and is beastly athletic. Stevenson is a gamer. His shot will return and he will score a lot here. Burton can be a very reliable all-around contributor and is tough as well.

I love these players and they're learning. They will drive us nuts until some equally talented reinforcements arrive.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Joerg View Post
              Is Joerg. All win is good win. Thanks you.
              That pretty much reveals the importance of rebounding the ball. They've got some growth to do there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                38% from the field, 28% from the arch, 52% from the line...thank goodness we played Southern Miss.

That pretty much reveals the importance of rebounding the ball. They've got some growth to do there too.

Comment

• Woke up this morning thinking I might feel different about last night win, I was wrong. I am still disgusted. Haven't been this angry about a win since last year win over UCF in Orlando. That's when I realized that those shockers were not going to do much in the NCAA tournament. It was the same formula. MM missing 2 free throws with 3 point lead with 15 seconds in the game. UCF shoots a bad 3 pointer we don't rebound and they throw up a 35 ft shot off the glass to send the game into overtime. We win in overtime but it did not feel like a win. Yeah it's the same feeling.

​​​​​​ Can anybody imagine what shocker fans would feel like if that kid had hit that 3 point shot and smj fouls and they win on a 4 point play? Just so DUMB to foul. The next shocker player that fouls a 3 point shooter should be benched for 2 games and hang a sign on his jersey saying I am DUMB. And the shocks shot 52% from the free throw line last night. They missed 4 free throws in the last minute of the game. WTF So many chances to close the game out and simply don't do it. I guess these type of errors is what caused Coach to say if we don't improve we will not win a conference game. These mistakes are correctable but they should not be happening 10 games into the season.

Shocker fans are not used to this type of continuous low basketball IQ mental errors. I am sure even loyal shocker fans might not want to see that kind of play in person. Thus some may stay home and watch in agony.

Comment

• Reading the comments around here, you'd think we lost.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Shox The Revenant
                      Shox The Revenant commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Blowing at 17 point lead at home will do that. Oh, and blowing a 33 point lead against Baylor will do that too. Oh and being outscored in the second half 7 out of 10 games this years will also do that. A SENIOR fouling a 3 point shooter will also do that.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Tricky Shox The Revenant. I would have thought it was at least 8, maybe 9 games we were out scored in the 2nd half, but we tied with JSU, edged Rice, and I remembered correctly Alabama, a game we still lost. You can add other double digit leads we blew as well.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                      Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hmmm. I guess having 8 freshmen will do that. Or having only 1 sophomore with any game experience. Or having juniors that are brand new to the program. Or having one of two seniors with more than one year in the program and who had significant playing time last year.

I don't know what most of us expected, but we had to think we'd struggle, look like a team out of sorts and without an identity, and give fans plenty of reasons to not be sober by the end of games. A few of us just need to chill out and play some fun drinking games while they watch us play, because they're not going to make it to the end of the season without driving themselves nuts.

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Reading the comments around here, you'd think we lost.
                    Naaa, just a lot of folks who watched the game

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      Reading the comments around here, you'd think we lost.
                      We LOST a 17-point lead with 13 minutes to go! I am shocked we won when Southern Miss took the lead. Small steps in a long race.

Comment

• I’ll ask again. Where was Chandler?

Comment

• According to Taylor Eldridge, "WSU survives with a W, but plenty to learn from this game." Well, yes -- and there's plenty that has been taught already, for sure. The question is, will those who need to know it learn it?

Comment

Working...
                          X