No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Jacksonville State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything in life and basketball are relative. We will win 17 games ( +/- one ) this season. I can remember
    years that would have made fans happy. Lomax and AR instead of SHJ and RT would have meant at least
    22 wins and competition for the top four in the AAC with still a very young team. Circumstances bit this years
    team in the butt. Next year we will win at least 20-22 again and the year after 24-25. Gm will revitalize the
    program. I agree we need to do something about these VERY BORING half time competitions. I'll throw this in.
    Watched RT warming up before the start of the second half. The kid does NOT square up even when he
    is warming up - no wonder he can't shoot.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Tiny Ricky Torres is missing a few things you just can't teach. I do like the hot sauce he puts on his passes. They've got a nice snap to them.

T

...:cool:

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      He made a really bad pass at the end of the game when he could have easily ran out the clock or possibly scored himself. Instead, he forced a really bad pass and they came down and hit a three right before the buzzer. Mistakes like that drive me crazy; a 8 point win turns into a 5 point win.

• TheShocktocles
      TheShocktocles commented
      Editing a comment
      RT was a excellent shooter in jucos. But PG need to make their free throws when the game is winding down. I was surprised he missed those 2 free throws because prior to that time he had not missed any of his attempts. I am seeing progress each game. Glad he finally went to the whole in the last game. I am hoping he turns the corner in the second half of season like so many jucos players we have had in the past.

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Everything in life and basketball are relative. We will win 17 games ( +/- one ) this season. I can remember
    years that would have made fans happy. Lomax and AR instead of SHJ and RT would have meant at least
    22 wins and competition for the top four in the AAC with still a very young team. Circumstances bit this years
    team in the butt. Next year we will win at least 20-22 again and the year after 24-25. Gm will revitalize the
    program. I agree we need to do something about these VERY BORING half time competitions. I'll throw this in.
    Watched RT warming up before the start of the second half. The kid does NOT square up even when he
    is warming up - no wonder he can't shoot.
    That's a bold statement young man. Seeing how the Shox barely beat a team (at home) with a 300 SOS and their 5 wins came against teams with a combined 5 and 29 record, oh, and basketball powerhouse Carver Bible College. I hope you're right.

Comment

• I said, "don't take it the wrong way." :redface-new: It's just different, I guess. I'm not comparing apples to oranges - I'm saying I PREFER apples to oranges. I prefer the band to play, not background music while the announcer recognizes "game day sponsor", or even the announcer trying to talk and recognize someone who gave money to get an autographed ball at the same time an unrelated commercial is appearing on the big screen, or 9000 people watching someone try to make a free throw when its painfully obvious to everyone in the building they couldn't make a layup. If the $$$$ are so desperately needed that they're foregoing game day experience and atmosphere, then I would argue "we're not there yet."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Yep. Slightly hypocritical there Cold.

I'm sure SHJ is a great kid. I have no ill-will towards him. He's just not a Division I basketball player. It's frustrating because there are other scenarios and options that can play out.

I know he's trying like every player but it's just the facts. This is basketball. It's a fan message board. Nobody hates him. He's just all JUCO. And this is a high major Division I basketball program.
      I understand what you're trying to say but SHJ IS a Division I basketball player lol...

He's a little small and possibly not cerebral enough to be a power program player but the kid has gifts and would have a scholarship waiting for him from at least 200 DI schools if he wanted it. I've seen few people quicker and his crossover is blinding. He has a very solid outside shot too.

Even with his "retarded Juco-ballin' self" he managed to go 7 of 16 from the field (3 of 7 from three) last night. He also got 6 rebounds and tied the team high with 3 assists. Yes, he turned the ball over but saying he isn't a DI basketball player is just being nasty.

I've smacked on guys like Jake White, Rob Kampman, and even Garrett Stutz with the best of them, but I never said they weren't DI ballplayers. At least I don't think I did... lol. But SHJ could play each one of those players 1v1 and beat them easily. He is a gifted athlete and one of the best scorers we have right now. If he can just make a few more smart decisions he could be VERY helpful this year in keeping our win/loss record slightly above embarrassing status. He's already won several games for us as it stands right now. Has he lost us any?

I believe I am applying for the job of SHJ's defensive attorney for the remainder of the season. I so enjoy taking the opposite side of the argument, especially when the Groupthink meter is pegged. So expect me to push back when ya'll go MMA on the little lightening man.

We suck right now for a lot of reasons. I've already stated one big reason in my "edge thread".

P.S. Did I hear somebody say Marshall has gotten a bit of a belly on him now? Greeeeeaaaaaaat. $69,231.00 a week is HCGM's pay. That will buy a lot of suave to help heal those chipped shoulders. Life is goooooooood.

P.S.S. And what's fat boy in the AD's office making? I bet it's even higher than Marshall when you figure his productivity rate in dollars.

T

Comment

• Hi is Joerg . Is victorry yestorday and victory is happy for these youths team. I think on this today . Is victory And Joerg is happy on this,,,but SHJ is make me to be crazy . Like crazy man player . Is dumb shot and dumb shot and dumb shot . Is make Joerg so crazy!!!! Learn in head SHJ what is stupid shotting . Get smart learn and pass! Ok ? thanks is Joerg.

Comment

• Good News
          Good News commented
          Editing a comment
          Am I the only one that reads these posts and wonders if Andy Kaufman is alive and decided to give Latka a little brother?

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          You are not.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't care if you're a KU fan or a registered sex offender who kicks puppies and clubs baby seals (those are pretty much the same anyway), if you can entertain a frustrated and despondent fan base with classics like these posts you are welcome here anytime.

• "stupid shotting"
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds right to me.

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I understand what you're trying to say but SHJ IS a Division I basketball player lol...

He's a little small and possibly not cerebral enough to be a power program player but the kid has gifts and would have a scholarship waiting for him from at least 200 DI schools if he wanted it. I've seen few people quicker and his crossover is blinding. He has a very solid outside shot too.

Even with his "retarded Juco-ballin' self" he managed to go 7 of 16 from the field (3 of 7 from three) last night. He also got 6 rebounds and tied the team high with 3 assists. Yes, he turned the ball over but saying he isn't a DI basketball player is just being nasty.

I've smacked on guys like Jake White, Rob Kampman, and even Garrett Stutz with the best of them, but I never said they weren't DI ballplayers. At least I don't think I did... lol. But SHJ could play each one of those players 1v1 and beat them easily. He is a gifted athlete and one of the best scorers we have right now. If he can just make a few more smart decisions he could be VERY helpful this year in keeping our win/loss record slightly above embarrassing status. He's already won several games for us as it stands right now. Has he lost us any?

I believe I am applying for the job of SHJ's defensive attorney for the remainder of the season. I so enjoy taking the opposite side of the argument, especially when the Groupthink meter is pegged. So expect me to push back when ya'll go MMA on the little lightening man.

We suck right now for a lot of reasons. I've already stated one big reason in my "edge thread".

P.S. Did I hear somebody say Marshall has gotten a bit of a belly on him now? Greeeeeaaaaaaat. $69,231.00 a week is HCGM's pay. That will buy a lot of suave to help heal those chipped shoulders. Life is goooooooood.

P.S.S. And what's fat boy in the AD's office making? I bet it's even higher than Marshall when you figure his productivity rate in dollars.

T

P.S.S. Cold, Fat Boy is pissing off a lot of his employees with his new Under Armour contract. When engaged in their sport, (practice, games, meeting) its UA apparel period. Includes sports bra's for the tracksters. Shoes is a real sore point with the athletes.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          As long as the athletes are only bitching about FREE shoes, I don't care. If there is a mandate that athletes (especially track members) HAVE to wear UA shoes, then it's time to get the pitch forks out, and I will lead the way. If they are just bitching that the only freebies they are getting are UA, then they need to just shut up and wear their favorite shoe at their own expense. So really it depends on the situation -- which is it?

• shock
          shock commented
          Editing a comment
          All televised sports have to wear UA. If they don’t, the school gets fined/ sued by UA. I din’t know if any of the other sports would get caught. Its not like an endorsement. Kung Wu

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          I cannot fathom any deal where a track athlete is required to wear a specific brand of shoe.

• What would it take for Fat Boy to get let go? Or is that mission impossible?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• BOBB
          BOBB commented
          Editing a comment
          Full blown scandal or new president.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Sleep with Stormy!

• Rocky Mountain Shock
          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          CLEARLY sleeping with Stormy is no longer grounds for getting canned, nor is covering it up, or lying, or committing a felony.

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Lomax and AR instead of SHJ and RT would have meant at least
        22 wins and competition for the top four in the AAC with still a very young team.
        Has anyone on this board actually watched Lomax this year? A bunch of people on this board would make you think he is or would be averaging 15 pts 8 assists. SHJ has definitely played better than Lomax has. Tyler Harris on the other hand has been outstanding for Memphis.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
          Shocktoberfest commented
          Editing a comment
          Been following the stat line a bit. I agree. It looks like, on paper, that he hasn't made as big of an impact as we would have thought.

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          i have watched parts of a couple Memphis games. It crossed my mind that Lomax looked like a Shocker guard and would have thrived under our system more that at Memphis. Harris is exactly where he should be.

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Please nobody take this the wrong way, but Wichita State is not a high major D1 basketball program right now. I would probably say last season we were a high top-tier mid-major program. We had personnel, but we lacked some game execution, we lacked strong defense. There are other things the program lacked which you only see if you attend a home game that knock us down a notch from being high-major. The in-game production from the non-basketball side, is one of the worst things I've ever seen, especially if you've ever watched a home game on TV. It's borderline sleepy-time "everyone go to your phone now, because nothing is happening for the next 3 minutes during this time-out."

I really miss the way things used to be. Koch arena was a place to be feared, nobody would play us here. It was loud, deafening loud, and nearly all of it has been lost on the "commercialization" of the program. The band is so poorly utilized, they might as well stay home. Empty seats you say? Well, going to Shocker games used to be an experience. It was fun and exciting, but so much of it has disappeared. Now teams come in here and there's nothing to be afraid of. We're at the point where we have difficulty winning home games now.

Make no mistake about it, WSU has lost something - its not the same program it was 3-10 years ago. Our fan base (myself included) now questions whether or not we can even beat a Jacksonville State in our home arena, which was completely unheard of a few years ago. All of these are wins - they're after-thoughts. And no, we aren't spoiled, and it's not right for a coach to say that, even if he's destined for HOF status. But as fans and students of the game we expect and are used to seeing more than what we're getting. Anybody here remember a game we played against Iowa many, many many years ago? THAT was a loud game, especially from the upper tiers. Were we spoiled that night? Or, was I spoiled when I sat center court 15 rows up to watch AC get the single game scoring record on senior night? It was loud then, too. The players and atmosphere played a significant role in making the players feel special, and right now, I think in-game policy is just not giving the program the boost it desperately needs. Believe it or not, it's not always about the money.
        You are entitled to your opinion. And you are entitled to be wrong. Our program is not down. We are going through a transition because we have so many new players to Div -1 basketball. I get excited for the future when I see a lineup that has ES, DD, JB, and MU out there. The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores. Thats one helleve core group. Plus a great recruiting class coming in with RT and JE coming back. The future looks great.

Comment

• We are not down? We are 5-4. Did you watch the game last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            We are not down? We are 5-4. Did you watch the game last night?
            Why are people not understanding the difference between seasons and programs? Our program is not down. We are having a down year with major roster turnover, the first down year in quite a while.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why are people not understanding the difference between seasons and programs? Our program is not down. We are having a down year with major roster turnover, the first down year in quite a while.
              Because they didn’t read my Butler: A Case Study thread

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Did anyone see that it took them like four times last night to get the Houston-LSU score formatted and updated correctly, when they were putting up games of interest scores on the board? I openly laughed at the incompetence.

Another moment had Don Hall on PA, unrelated commercial on the board, and a recorded song going... all at the same time.

Core competencies, as the private sector might say. LolzwtfutalkinboutWillis, as the WSU AD might say.

It’s just everything about their ability to manage an event properly. Pure clown show.
                It sure seems like they care that you're getting your money's worth.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This is pretty good... :)

https://twitter.com/chris_lillytv/st...732792320?s=21

P.S. Coach Marshall did a great JE impersonation on a recent coaches show. Hilarious!
                  Last edited by WstateU; December 14, 2018, 08:42 AM.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• giskard
                    giskard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jaime had a lot of company feeling that way.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JE knows SHJ loves to 'chuck it' at the chuck...
                Working...
                X