No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Appalachian State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Teddy is freed.. And Ricky takes minutes from Jones... Is when we can start seeing this teams potential

Comment

• TheShocktocles
      TheShocktocles commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree man. I wish it would happen. I still do not understand what's going on with Torres. Look at that guys video. He is shooting 3 pointer, making mid range pull ups and going to the whole strong. Not to mention dishing out 7 assist a game. What is it with him?

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Most JUCO guys take a semester or a year to make a difference. Jaime is ahead of the curve, Torres is on it.

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      And SHJ is behind it.

• Everyone says Markis needs to stop forcing, but honestly what's he supposed to do when teams over play Samajae forcing him into the paint, and/or under play Jamarius begging him to be a jump shooter? Is our best, by far, offensive player just supposed to watch? I don't get it. Now occasionally he presses, but someone HAS to put pressure on the defense or we'll never have any space.

Comment

• Alabama Sunday. Remember when they tried to get our coach?

Comment

• TheShocktocles
        TheShocktocles commented
        Editing a comment
        I do. And I remember how they acted in Orlando when we had to play them without Fred, and the kid that got hurt. I am sorry I can't remember his name. McDuffie was a freshman and Coach had to ask Rano Nurger to give up his redshirt. I got sick of hearing roll tide. We need to come ready to play angry.

• Dark Lord
        Dark Lord commented
        Editing a comment
        Anton Grady is the guy who got hurt

• It seems, so far, that 80 is our magic number.

Comment

• Beat them on the boards by 8. Purdue only beat them on the boards by 4 I believe.

I like that our rebounding is improving.

****edit: Just checked and we outrebounded them by more than Alabama and Purdue. That's encouraging.****
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• bunck
          bunck commented
          Editing a comment
          My stats say it was 35-29.

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        Alabama Sunday. Remember when they tried to get our coach?
        what time?

Comment

• bunck
          bunck commented
          Editing a comment
          12:30

• Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 2h2 hours ago

Chance Moore just went for the steal on the outlet pass, something that Gregg Marshall specifically called out yesterday. Not surprisingly, Marshall subs him out the next dead ball.

Comment

• Very nice 1st post-game interview for Jaime. :good:

Comment

• Whatever you say about Duff and Samajae, the other team guards them very hard and sometimes lay off of others. They don't have to defend Ricky very hard, and can sag off because he isn't a threat. They give everything they have against Duff and Jones. Others need to take advantage of it and become more aggressive like Burton did at the end of the game when he drove the ball and put it in the basket.

Comment

• So the Shox have gotten outscored in the second half of every game this year. We are not good finishers at the moment. They keep this trend up, we're going to have some Shocker fans who pass away from heart attacks this season.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                Shocker Mama commented
                Editing a comment
                I am going to need about a twenty-point halftime lead, I think.

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                No lead is ever enough for me.

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              If Teddy is freed.. And Ricky takes minutes from Jones... Is when we can start seeing this teams potential
              What about Torres’ game makes you think it would be an upgrade over Jones? Can’t shoot. Clueless defense. Can’t create a shot. Puts no pressure on the defense whatsoever.
              Like I mentioned earlier, SHJ often ends up with the ball in his hands at the end of the shot clock and at least has the ability to create a shot. Without him we’d have 10 shot clock violations a game. Burton did get better at getting to the rim at end of clock situations today however. They do badly need Allen for this team, but I wonder if in a lost cause season, having him for three years starting next season may actually be better.

Comment

• JVShocker
                JVShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, why don't you try and explain to Teddy Allen that he just shouldn't play this season. Good luck with that. I'm telling you - he wants to play. Everyone wants him to play. He should play. All players that want to transfer should be immediately eligible. If a coach can pull a scholly on a student athlete, then a student athlete has every right to play ASAP.

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                You think Jones can shoot? 32% is not considered shooting on while taking 25% of the team's shots.

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Can’t shoot? I need more data before determining Torres can’t shoot. I think you’ll be surprised. People don’t understand how complicated coach Marshall’s system is. Some of our guys are ‘thinking’ versus playing. Give them time. Joe Ragland comes to mind. Have faith people! Yes, I’ve had a couple of CRAFT beers. :)

• 38 minutes for SHJ. JB 31, ES 26. Only 16 for DD, that needs to go up

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                It will go up when his fouls go down.

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
              What about Torres’ game makes you think it would be an upgrade over Jones? Can’t shoot. Clueless defense. Can’t create a shot. Puts no pressure on the defense whatsoever.
              Like I mentioned earlier, SHJ often ends up with the ball in his hands at the end of the shot clock and at least has the ability to create a shot. Without him we’d have 10 shot clock violations a game. Burton did get better at getting to the rim at end of clock situations today however. They do badly need Allen for this team, but I wonder if in a lost cause season, having him for three years starting next season may actually be better.
              I don’t think it’s so much that Torres is currently better than SHJ, but Torres is a brand new JUCO PG. There is always a steep learning curve at that position. I for one am still hopeful that RT figures it out for the back half of the season. But maybe that’s wishful thinking
              Last edited by FlyingWheat; November 16, 2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Unable to watch at work so I'll refrain from commentary until I watch, but looking at the box score, SHJ was 5-17 from the field. Nice. I wonder what his FG% is so far and then what % of total shots he takes on the team.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• At this stage of the season, a win against almost anyone is a plus.

But a win against a Power 5 school, ranked #1 in the country (and so what if it is ONLY football) would be much sweeter.

Comment

Working...
                  X