Wichita State vs Appalachian State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Unable to watch at work so I'll refrain from commentary until I watch, but looking at the box score, SHJ was 5-17 from the field. Nice. I wonder what his FG% is so far and then what % of total shots he takes on the team.
    Factoring in today, it appears he is:

32.8% FG

He has taken 58 of the teams 238 shots. Which is almost 1/4 of the shots.

For comparison:

McDuffie has taken 61 shots
    Stevenson 35 shots
    Dennis - 20 shots
    Burton - 20 shots
    Echinique - 17 shots
    Udeze - 13 shots
    Torres - 8 shots
    Midtgaard - 3 shots
    Moore - 2 shots
    Poor Bear - 1 shot
    Brown - 0 shots
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I will add though that McDuffie is shooting 47.5% (51.9% from 3) on the young season. Granted he has been inconsistent. But that is the overall. So, more FG's made by McDuffie in only 3 more shots
      Last edited by shockerfan; November 16, 2018, 07:12 PM.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 5 games down (counting exhib.), 27 disections (at least) to go.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• SHJ is 19-58 for .328 FG%.
          Team is shooting .420 FG% (100-238). Minus SHJ, .450 (81-180).

SHJ is 8-27 from 3p for .296. Team is .371 (36-97). Minus SHJ, .400 (28-70).

Question is, how many of SHJ shots are late in the clock and would others really be any better at those shots. The more the team gets their offense down, the higher the quality of shots.

Comment

• SHJ gets the ball often late in the shot clock and has time for a pass but holds or dribbles the ball until he has to jack up a hurried shot. Never looks to pass.

Comment

• I don't think Im gonna complain about much when we get a W. I think right now, it means a lot for this team to just find a way to win.

Burton looked good.
              JE looked good. Thinking he could end up being the best juco big in the Marshall era.
              We are getting it.
              McDuff, for me, has earned the right to have a longer leash. He may take questionable shots sometimes, but at the end of the day we need him.

Seems like the other team has a much easier time getting the whistle when they drive.

Good win.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Dark Lord
                Dark Lord commented
                Editing a comment
                Other teams get whistles because they are strong when they drive. We, especially McDuffie, do everything we can to avoid contact.

Want more whistles? Play strong.

• Three things from a guy sitting 20 feet from the court tonight:

1. D wasn’t near as intense today and that’s why it was close—but put this in perspective: App St is better than the Cal team our team led by six seniors and an NBA draft pick had to claw and scratch to beat last year. These exempt tournaments are nuts.

2. Samajae taking shots at the end of the clock when everything breaks down will decrease as Jamarius plays more PG. Without Torres contributing he will wear down as the year goes on I’m afraid.

3. We are playing with house money now. Beat Alabama and we exceeded expectations. Lose and we still got one win to build on. Believe me, after the first game I thought 0-5 was a real possibility.

I’m enjoying watching this team learn how to play college basketball. Now I am beat down and going to bed.

Comment

• I try to refrain from posting during the games so as not to regret something I posted in the heat of the moment.
                Good win today. JB and ES are solid all around ball players who help the team even if their shots may not be
                falling. I think DD has tremendous upside potential. GM putting him in for SHJ that last defensive possession
                was a good move and DD forced their guy to take a bad shot. I still think we need better ball movement. SHJ
                dribbling / holding on to the ball too much. Keep the damn thing moving around the perimeter and we will have
                better opportunities both inside and out. If we can beat Alabama it ill be a decent start to the season. I like the
                progress we have made so far but an ugly loss Sunday would hurt.

Comment

• Did anyone notice in the second half ES let someone blow by him and instead of stopping the ball, stayed with his man . App State missed the shot, but Erik was pulled immediately and on his approach to Gregg, Gregg held up his index finger as if to say, “that’s strike one”
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wonder how many true WSU freshmen playing the 2 and 3 (or any position) scored 16 points in there first game, snatched 25 rebounds in their first 4 games along with 11 assists. Oh, and not start any of those games. Learning point, yes, strike one, not a chance.

• Starting the replay now, first shot of the game is a 23 footer by SHJ that doesn't draw iron (shocker) and then the second shot of the game he gets stuffed at the rim.

I'm sorry, but this guy CANNOT be our second primary weapon for scoring options.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Good bounce back game. Played pretty consistent, shot selection was better, post play was much better also. McDuffie played like a senior. When Marcus is under control and plays to his strengths, then he is a major part of making this team competitive. When he tries doing things he’s not good at like creating shots off the dribble, he gets in trouble. SHJ has great stretches and had some nice assists but he’s playing a lot of minutes and he has stretches where he’s out of control (tiered perhaps)? Burton best game of the year, loved him taking it to the rack. Stevenson played decent also, love his toughness and the way he rebounds. Baby steps, Alabama should be a great test.

Comment

• Eventually, I see JB and ES becoming starters and SHJ coming off the bench, or at the very least moving SHJ off ball as much as possible.

Its great to see WSU’s true-true freshman (no prep year) playing as well and composed as they are. VERY promising!
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Factoring in today, it appears he is:

32.8% FG

He has taken 58 of the teams 238 shots. Which is almost 1/4 of the shots.

For comparison:

McDuffie has taken 61 shots
                            Stevenson 35 shots
                            Dennis - 20 shots
                            Burton - 20 shots
                            Echinique - 17 shots
                            Udeze - 13 shots
                            Torres - 8 shots
                            Midtgaard - 3 shots
                            Moore - 2 shots
                            Poor Bear - 1 shot
                            Brown - 0 shots
                            Thanks for doing the dirty work. The statistics are as bad as I expected.

32% FG shooter, taking 25% of the team's shots. Does that at ALL make any sort of sense? Look, I know SHJ has a good story. I'm pulling for him on the non-basketball side of things. But on the basketball side, he's a JUCO basketball player that will always have JUCO tendencies. I'm not sure if it's because Marshall has too soft of a heart and lets the personal angle get to him or what but SHJ should not be a starter and should not be playing as many minutes as he does. He takes horrible shots. He never looks to pass. And the shots he does misses (which is most of the time) they are nearly all complete bricks or airballs. Opposing student sections are gonna have a field day with him (and MM more or less) on the airball chants this year. I'd rather see his shot load cut in half and see it get distributed to the freshman, who at least take better shots, and actually have a better chance of going in. SHJ's ppg is fool's gold when it takes him shooting twice as many shots as anybody else to get them. I don't hate him. I'm just stating he's milking this team's chance at any sort of success. And it's not changing. It's now a constant. Bad freaking shot after bad freaking shot, with little to no chance of any of them going in. Burton should definitely be at point and starting and SHJ can be pushed to the 2 behind ES off the bench. Just because he's a senior, doesn't mean he gets to do whatever the hell he wants, especially when he succeeds so little with it. I'm really wondering if and when Marshall will ever tighten the reigns.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                            X