No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Davidson Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't appraise Torres because he doesn't seem to be on the court enough. Burton must be out playing him in practice.

Comment

• Man I hope we don't have to put the seniors on blast every other game to win the next game. That's going to make for a long & hypertension filled season! Not to mention a civil war between Coach and Sockernet

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought the seniors were ok. The real problem is that we have no other scorers. Dennis, Burton, and the bigs don’t shoot enough. Stevenson is about the only other player willing to take open shots and they were’t falling. I can’t expect the seniors to put up 45 points a ga,e between the two of them. The other guys need to step up.

• I can't believe a lot of you are surprised by the results of our first three games. We have 10 players on the roster who are playing their first year in D1. I'll do cartwheels naked in front of my street wearing a pink bow tie if we finish the season .500. With some promising talent on this year's squad combined with some great talent coming in next year, we are building for another 10 year run like we're used to. Regrettably, we just have to hit the reset button this year.

Comment

• Well shiieeet...was looking pretty good the first half but the youngins still searching on how to score the ball. Pretty good defense and energy. Just no post presence yet and lack of experience. Well get there boys. Well get there!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          I can't believe a lot of you are surprised by the results of our first three games. We have 10 players on the roster who are playing their first year in D1. I'll do cartwheels naked in front of my street wearing a pink bow tie if we finish the season .500. With some promising talent on this year's squad combined with some great talent coming in next year, we are building for another 10 year run like we're used to. Regrettably, we just have to hit the reset button this year.
          Who's surprised?

I think most people knew what was coming. Doesn't make it any less frustrating.

And please don't make promises or bets you can't keep, KC Welcher.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I expected us to win and lose some games. So far I’m 0-3 on picking which those are...

Comment

• What people need to understand is there is a difference between “missing shots” and “bad shots”.

Tonight, the Shox did a lot of both.

HAVE to get rid of the bad shots, if there is going to be any chance for a very successful season. (The problem with bad shots, is that they sometimes go in and players start to think they are good shots)
              The Assman

Comment

I can't believe a lot of you are surprised by the results of our first three games. We have 10 players on the roster who are playing their first year in D1. I'll do cartwheels naked in front of my street wearing a pink bow tie if we finish the season .500. With some promising talent on this year's squad combined with some great talent coming in next year, we are building for another 10 year run like we're used to. Regrettably, we just have to hit the reset button this year.

I don't think we are setting up for a 10 year run in the American like we're used to. We're used to being a perennial one or two in the Valley. It's not going to work that way in the American.

Comment

• WuShocker2006
                  WuShocker2006 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That isn't necessarily true. If our recruiting continues to improve, and we keep Marshall, that is very possible. There are some other great coaches in our league, but there is only one 3G.

• Offense looked a little out of sorts tonight. Is Burton a good shooter?, He passed up some good looks. The drive seemed there, but do we have drivers? If we live and die by the three this year we are going to die a lot.

100x better effort than LaTech.

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Dark Lord
                  Dark Lord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Burton has one obvious weakness and it was known coming in to those who follow such things. He is not a good jump shooter and is working on developing an outside shot. His value is defense, poise, and his ability to drive and create. We need to see more of the latter aspect of his game and he needs to continue working to develop a respectable jumper.

• Oh, the lack of shooting...and poor shot selection. This is a bad combination. Early in the second half I found myself wondering which shooting percentage was worse, Davidson's 0% or WSU's 8%. Based on the fact that WSU was 1-13 and Davidson was 0-4, I decided it was the Shocks. I don't understand why some teams struggle to finish at the rim.

Also thought the officiating got pretty sketchy at times. It's early for them too though it seemed that identical contact was happening at both ends, sometimes on the same series, and the black-clad squad was getting whistled, while the white-clad squad was not. Frustrating night.

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ll take 0-13 because that means we’re getting second chance opportunities. Our bigs have to grab those misses and get the put backs. Carl Hall or Rashard Kelly would’ve feasted on those boards.

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The offensive immaturity definitely showed. We needed to get more touches for Duff close to the basket. We didn't have a Shaq to go to for an easy basket. 20% shooting in the second half showed. People didn't listen but I remember when AC was a freshman, and he struggled to score and he was a McDonalds AA. Without Duff and SHJ, we would be even worse off.

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

I don't think we are setting up for a 10 year run in the American like we're used to. We're used to being a perennial one or two in the Valley. It's not going to work that way in the American.

We are setting up for a 10 year run of national relevancy. We have too many freshman youngsters at the same time, but this core group is quite talented.

Comment

• Tough ending, but we will be ok. Keep improving.

Comment

• If WSU had Reeves (or Teddy), they probably win. As bad of shooting performance as this was, what does it say about the guys on the bench who didn't see the light? I think Marshall will have more scholarships available for 2019.

Comment

Not that I want to see that, but I hope it gets seen by somebody

Comment

• Burton cannot shoot, sand Torres has been missing shots in practice. Our seniors don't know a good shot from a bad shot. The 3's that we take are long ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X