No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Louisiana Tech Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to predict a WSU loss, so I'll be an irrational, over-confident homer.

The team got a lot of film to watch. We've heard they react positively to seeing the mistakes they're making. I expect a lot of progress over the next week. Dexter Dennis won't be in foul trouble and will be much more productive, but loses his starting spot to Rod Brown. Markis gets his first double double of the year, 20 points, 11 rebounds. Samajae keeps up his hot shooting with a 20 point performance. Erik Stevenson hits his first three pointer in a shocker uniform.

WSU 74
    LT 61

Starting five:
    Jamarius
    Samajae
    Rod Brown
    Markis
    Udeze

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t see Rod Brown at the 3, but I would not mind if Markis moved to the 3 and Rod started at the 4 to start the game.

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know if we would get over half our points from two players, but I'd like to see our bench get about half the points and continue that tradition.

I can't confidently pick the good guys to beat anyone right now. Too many new pieces trying to fit in.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

If we lose to La Tech then we’re going to lose 20+ games. Neither of those things are going to happen. I was one of the more pessimistic during the off-season but some of y’all need to chill.

Comment

So how do we look at La Tech. Are they more or less equivalent to a middle of the pack Valley team maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          So how do we look at La Tech. Are they more or less equivalent to a middle of the pack Valley team maybe?
          May not matter much, but they smacked Alabama in a closed scrimmage.

Comment

• Mr. Pickle
            Mr. Pickle commented
            Editing a comment
            That was Jacksonville St.

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
          Dexter Dennis won't be in foul trouble and will be much more productive
          This would certainly be a big positive. Dexter certainly looked decent in the Yellow and Black Scrimmage.

Comment

There he is. Now everything is right with the world. A good omen for better Shocker play for sure.

It will be interesting to see how much difference getting a game in front of a big crowd behind them and a week of practice to work on a lot of things that will be pointed out to the guys in the video sessions will make.

BTW, hope you are okay. Hope the Lord takes care of you as well.
            Great point on the crowd factor and how so many new players react and play under the blazing lights when the game is for real and counts on the record. Yes, I'm okay and thanks for asking. The Lord is blessing me every day and takes great care of me.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Karl Malone 61
              Carl Hall 75
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                If we play like we did in the exhibition, we lose.
                58232997.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I wonder if a bunch of the newcomers, after apparently handling OSU in closed scrimmage, perhaps came into the Catawba game thinking, perhaps subconciously, that this was going to be easy and then had a difficulty repsonding when it proved not to be that easy.

3G said this season will be up and down. So we had an up in the closed scrimmage with OSU, a down with Catawba. Hopefully, a lesson to be ready to play learned with an up performance coming agaisnt La Tech.

The guys should be very determined come next Tuesday. Time to bring some Play Angry to bear.

Comment

Here is one guys take (BuzDawg73) from a La Tech message board:

Basketball Season Begins Tonight - Any BB news?
                    Exhibition game tonight and we play Wichita State Tuesday. I watched the Wichita State exhibition game the other night. They have a lot of size and a lot of talent. However, with all their freshmen, they appeared disorganized and struggled against a Division 2 school. The game was sold out (10,000+) so I am sure the freshmen were a bit overwhelmed. Hope they stay that way for our game. I do think we will have an issue with their size. They have a seven footer, a 6'11", a 6'9" and a few 6"8" guys. Their guards have length, are quick and athletic. We have overall more experience.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...2d5796d7b4cb9d

Comment

I am not gonna worry about wins/losses right now. This team will be hard to predict for a while.

I just hope to see steady improvement game after game. Especially with rebounds and assists. I also want to see McDuffie calm down and not rush so much. I think if he does that it will be contagious with some of the other young guns.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                      Shocktoberfest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree on Markis. I think he should have a first 10 minutes rule that he is not allowed to take more than 1 dribble.

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm gonna vote to extend that rule to the whole game ...

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

May not matter much, but they smacked Alabama in a closed scrimmage.
                    According to this list La Tech had a closed scrimmage with Tulsa at TCU.

Reportedly Tulsa won but I haven't found any details. One person posted they had reported details on Hurricane Alley, but that is a premium site so I was unable to see his report.

Comment

They are a UNI, ISUB or VALPO.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Valpo just lost to a D2 school tonight

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As much as it pains me to admit, this team playing UNI right now would be so freaking painful that it would make Jonestown look like one of those bouncy castle things on a warm spring Saturday.

La Tech smoked Union 103-58 tonight.

The Louisiana Tech men's basketball team was back inside the Thomas Assembly Center and put on a scoring clinic in the exhibition game against Union with five players scoring in double figures in route to a 103-58 victory on Thursday night.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                      X