• Is this a trick?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Is this a trick?
      I hate jokes like this. Satire sucks!

Comment

• I thought it was real until I read the damn thing

Comment

• Teddy needs to play next year for reasons way bigger than this program. Our w/l’s have nothing to do with it.

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            What are those reasons?

• If huggy bear Is the reason Teddy doesn’t get the approved I will add him to my hate list right up there with Self, Penny Hardaway and The guy coaching Illinois Penial I mean state.

Comment

• Huggins apparently living up to his reputation as an SOB....not surprised.

Comment

• If I were a senior being touted as a potential NBA prospect ... I'd want Teddy to play this year, like really, really badly.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Quick, where's Doc's message decoder?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like someone is praying for Teddy with all their heart. I hope it helps.

• I don't want Teddy to suit up this year, like I said, this squad is not a tourney team so why waste him this year. But gosh darn it, I do want him to be cleared because I am sick and tired of seeing all these other programs getting their transfers cleared for what appears to be much less compelling reasons. I know he wants to play this year so who am I to stop this..........I will grant his waiver and not delay it any further.

Comment

• I am sick of the people who think Teddy needs to redshirt similar to people who were angry at Landry for leaving early and then once knew he was leaving complaining that we should have had him his redshirt year. I hope everyone at the EOD understands that there is more to their life than your college team and all players do what's best for them and we as fans should respect their decisions. This sitting a year BS needs to end for all transfers. #FreeTeddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shree View Post
                    This sitting a year BS needs to end for all transfers. #FreeTeddy.
                    That could create a real nightmare and maybe some bidding wars on some young players who have friends on other teams?

Comment

• proshox
                      proshox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Please hold my beer so I can clutch my pearls.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That could create a real nightmare and maybe some bidding wars on some young players who have friends on other teams?
                    A bidding war sounds like you believe the players are being paid. That only happens at blueblood cheater programs like Kansas etc. These real student athletes need to have the freedom to transfer to any school they choose without being penalized and told they have to wait a year. Coaches, other college employees, and other students can change schools when it suits them and so should student athletes. Somebody said it was bullsht rule. I strongly agree.

Comment

• I definitely think Teddy should be granted the waiver and want him to play and I think waivers should be granted on a case by case basis but the NCAA needs to be a bit more open and consistent with their criteria. I get the argument that players should be able to just transfer at will, without sitting out a year because coaches are pretty much in control when they can pick up and leave and can rescind scholarships etc. but I don't know if it would really be a good thing. If it were changed to where it could be done that way, it'd be done with good intentions, but something that drastic would bring unintended consequences in an already chaotic system.

I don't know, I struggle with it because on one hand, I do think students should have freedom of choice, but it just seems like allowing all student athletes to transfer without sitting out a year would open up a can of worms, not just for coaches but teammates and the athletes themselves. Teddy's situation is unique though and I think was very worthy of being granted a waiver from having to redshirt.

Comment

• I used to be opposed to student transfers due to the risk of interference from other programs. Since it’s quite clear they are already doing it, we just need to let them transfer.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• I think that if players have to sit out a year, head coaches should have to sit out a year before switching jobs.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                          X