• Show
Clear All

• wufan
    replied
    Not seeing that tweet from Teddy

Leave a comment:

• martymoose
    replied
    So is Teddy's latest tweet telling us he didn't get it??? Sorry I don't know much about the twitters but he said: "Bruuuh that wasn't the news I was tryn hear"

Leave a comment:

• shocks02
    replied
    Braxton Key cleared for Virginia.

“Hearing that UVA has or will make an inquiry on behalf of transfer [Braxton Key] and the possibility of him playing this coming season. A hardship appeal would be on behalf on an older close family member who is in ailing health and otherwise might not be able to see him play,” tweeted Doughty.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Every day I'm seeing more and more approvals. Virginia just got one.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Axe
    replied
    Man.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    nm
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; October 18, 2018, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    commented on 's reply
    I am one of those fans that does not think Allen''s waiver will be granted. I just don't have the confidence in the NCCA. However, after reading the newspaper and looking at the website of Boys Town, I have become a big Teddy Allen fan. How can you not root for this kid? I don't know all the specifics on Allen and I have never met him, but you can't get into Boys Town unless you are a minor at risk. The move from Arizona to Nebraska was done to save him from the risk and conditions in his life. As the man said in the newspaper article Boys Town is not a prep basketball school.

Apparently Allen made the commitment to turn around his life at Boys Town. And he got plenty of help,support, and resources from Boys Town staff. If part of Allen''s decision to attend WSU was to be close to those resources and support staff in Boys Town , I would hope that the NCAA would make a decision to approve the waiver.

Let Allen continue on his journey without the transfer restrictions. He is trying to overcome the adverse conditions in his life and make something of hinself. Give him a chance.

• wusphlash
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Rumblings
    Are these rumblings as positive as the ones you heard on Etienne?

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    commented on 's reply
    A total guess by me is that they probably needed to gather documents from a variety of sources that they do not control when the documents will be delivered. You can't send the NCAA what you don't have. And I also guess that WSU and Allen needed to document how his mental health and well being had been impacted by the move to Wichita and meeting with his support staff in Boys Town. I say this only because of what I gather from reading the newspaper article today.

• shocks02
    replied

Why was this waiver only filed two weeks ago?

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Here is a website that has quite a bit of transfer information:

Good grief, 852 listed, all but 299 have been cleared for immediate eligibility and one cleared for January.

Leave a comment:

• shocks02
    commented on 's reply
    Oh sweet jesus

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    A player list must be out there as a good friend of mine said his wife was tracking "hardship" cases and that up to now, almost all approved had been from P5 schools. Know nothing beyond this, but I'll try to check with her on how she's following all this.

Here is a website that has quite a bit of transfer information:

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Would Teddy make a difference in this team being a tournament team or not? If not, wouldn't it be better to have him an extra year in the future instead of during what I would harshly call a throw-away year?
    A good question but one that is very difficult to answer. One negative of Teddy sitting out is that adds another body to what is already a very large sophomore class to be next year (sujbect to any redshirts this year and any departures at the end of the year). Potentially, we go from 7 sophomores to 8 next year if Teddy sits out subject to the impact of the aforementioned factors, Maybe we get that down to 5 (or 6 if Teddy sits out) with a redshirt and a transfer. We know we will probably have 1 transfer if all of our verbals sign in November although I guess we don't know that it will necessarily be out of this year's freshman group.

I think I would prefer Teddy plays this year but if he doesn't it's not a disaster. Allows more minutes to help develop the big freshman class.

Not sure who might be a redshirt candidate. Maybe Erik Stevenson. One of the bigs maybe? Morris or Isaiah.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    commented on 's reply
    Kung Wu can you change this so I can like it 50 times?
Working...
X