No announcement yet.

New Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wichita State will be top 3 in the AAC and right in the mix for an at large...

Comment

Heiar was always behind either Jans or Forbes and never given the head assistant title because of their presence one way or another. Had Jans opportunity came well first, Heiar may have stayed on as he probably would have been made HAC. Nevertheless, when LSU offered him, he naturally jumped at it.

Despite the pay raise, I still look at Lindsted's move as a lateral move. I'm pretty sure he is 4th chair at Minnesota. The coach that stayed on there, Conroy, has 25 years D-I experience and was a head coach at Tulane and Citadel for 10 of those years and the other coach hired, Jeter, has 20 years D-I experience with 11 years as head coach at Milwaukee. It's a little disturbing that Minnesota doubled Lindsted's salary, but I don't know what our other two coaches make.

A question for anyone who may know (I may have just forgot), but why is Forbes not listed as an assistant coach for neither the 2013-14 or 2014-15 on the goshockers.com site under rosters/coaches.

Comment

I kind of assumed Richard Pitino simply wanted Linstead for his prep school connection and thought if his school was willing to double his salary perhaps a few of those 4-stars would come his way...even though Minnesota is not really a "name" school. Wonder if Malik Hall would consider freezing just because it's in the Big-10 and not the AAC???
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          I may misunderstand your statement. But Linsted had to have good connections with high school coaches because Prep schools recruit high school players to their prep school.

I like DeMeo as well

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
          Does anyone else feel (like I do) that WSU under Marshall could have made a counter offer to Kyle Lindsted to keep him if the Sunrise connection was working out as the great recruiting factory it has been given credit for in regards to WSU? Marshall has no responsibility to go find the new funds, but I give him credit for making good calls on these matters involving his program.
          No.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Jans is the only coach that I think the program will ever regret not being able to keep... But good assistant coaches want to be the man of their own programs

Comment

• ShoxRoxMySox
              ShoxRoxMySox commented
              Editing a comment
              You can say that again!

Jans is the only coach that I think the program will ever regret not being able to keep... But good assistant coaches want to be the man of their own programs

Comment

deja wu?
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

I still don't know nuthin……...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Has there been a hiccup? Seems like it's taken about as long to dot the i's and cross the t's as it took to find this coach from when the Lindsted announcement came out.

Comment

Maybe whoever it is has to do a little more stuff that they can't do once on the staff

Comment

Comment

I don't know about that one. Has a little NCAA stink on him. Knows Coach and the system though.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• TxShox
                      TxShox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hear you, but I keep reminding myself that Steve Forbes had some NCAA stink on him when he was hired too. I would be shocked if Waterman was hired without due diligence being done, especially since he had a Level I violation against him from the NCAA.

• newshock1234
                      newshock1234 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe its why it took a while, maybe we doing are due diligence

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Waterman's "NCAA stink" is that he refused to throw his head coach under the bus during an NCAA investigation. The only thing Waterman got from the NCAA was a "refusing to cooperate in an investigation" thing. I can live with that.

Would you hand over your bank information to anyone that didn't have a legal document requiring it? I wouldn't, especially to the NCAA.

Comment

Comments from Waterman after our 2014 season.

Editor’s note: During the next five weeks, we will reveal the top 50 coaches in college basketball, as decided by our ESPN Forecast panel. Today we unveil No.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                      X