No announcement yet.

New Assistant Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Coach Tyson is smart, he will sometimes be tough but often he will help out when Marshall jumps on the player (and threatens their manhood), smooth it back out, and make the player feel better again. Heiar was pretty good at that.

Comment

I've heard from many sources, possibly reliable, that in baseball (during the Stephenson era) the upper class players always told the younger players to hang in there, that's just the way coach is, it will all work out, don't get down on yourself.

I think if Morris had had a "nice" coach, he would have been 290 or 300 pounds and been an 8 points and 4 boards player. D1 players "at this level" have always been "the stud" and they haven't had to work hard because they were way better than other players without hard work.

I think it will be a real plus to have a coach on the staff who has been through a program as a player for Marshall. That's a guy who can relate. He also understands there is no compromise and there's a zero tolerance policy in place when it comes to effort (or lack of effort).
      Last edited by Aargh; June 4, 2018, 05:20 PM.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Coaches who wipe with cheese graters beget players who wipe with cheese graters.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          nm

• shock
          shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me rephrase- hard ass coaches beget hard ass players.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I've heard from many sources, possibly reliable, that in baseball the upper class players always told the younger players to hang in there, that's just the way coach is.
        Our baseball team obviously doesn’t do this anymore. We don’t seem very tough.

Comment

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          I added a bit to clarify the time frame when that was said of the baseball team.

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          My comment was directed as frustration and sarcasm at our baseball situation. Even though I didn’t catch it, you probably are just as frustrated.

I really like the idea of having a former player from the Marshall tree as an assistant. Tyson is paving the way for another star Marshall guard, Mr. Fred VanVleet, after his long tenure in the NBA!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          I really like the idea of having a former player from the Marshall tree as an assistant. Tyson is paving the way for another star Marshall guard, Mr. Fred VanVleet, after his long tenure in the NBA!
          Wichita State head coach Fred VanVleet... I like the sound of that! I don't know if 3G can hold out for 10 years though.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Shox21
            Shox21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, the question to ask is not CAN he hold out, but WILL he.

• Windiwu
            Windiwu commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure FVV will be finished with the NBA in ten years either...

Bump
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Bump Chris Crutchfield from $200k to $300k and lets get going!

Comment

Gregg Marshall can always hire Keelon Lawson, and get first dibs on Chandler and Jonathon Lawson.

Lawson already has High Major experience on the staff of Josh Pastner at Memphis.

He's also looking for a job after pulling Chandler out of Memphis East.

"Chandler Lawson is a 6-foot-8 forward ranked 47th overall in the 2019 class by ESPN. He has offers from Georgia Tech, Florida, Kansas, Memphis and other top programs. Johnathan Lawson, perhaps the most gifted player in the family, is a 6-foot-6 forward ranked 14th in the 2021 class by ESPN."

Remember the surname "Lawson." You'll be hearing it a lot as the four boys and their father -- whom some are calling the next Ball family -- descend on the college basketball world.

Comment

Working...
              X