X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move on to grow and prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      I am a firm believer the current generation of kids are soft, very sensitive to criticism, are too used to having safe spaces and are emotionally unprepared at having a raised voice directed their way. If we have players who lack the mental fortitude to have someone yelling at them and it then affects their play, then they need to go. I'm a Generation X'er, if my coaches yelled at today's kids like they yelled at me, I think they'd be put in jail for child abuse these days.
      This bullshit has been said by every generation about the generations younger than them. It's untrue then and it's untrue now.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        In my day...get off my lawn!

I don't think Wooden was a big curser and screamer, but he managed to get OK results in his day.

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        Wooden also had the best players in the country bought and paid for before anyone else knew you could do that.

• lemuel777
        lemuel777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well if this generation can't handle it mentally, is it their fault or due to horrible parenting????

• Originally posted by choida View Post
      Move on to grow and prosper

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

This bullshit has been said by every generation about the generations younger than them. It's untrue then and it's untrue now.
        Maybe it keeps being said because it’s true. The pussyfication of the younger generation could easily be driven by the increased speed and geography by which we get our news. If you go back far enough you can read about how Abe Lincoln took care of his sister in the wilderness for 6 months at the age of 9. Things have changed for the better, but that doesn’t make these claims of being soft untrue.

This post has nothing to do with Austin.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Saw this quote from Austin in the most recent article from the Eagle "...I felt like I needed to move on to pursue my dream"

This, along with the fact that he visited OU tells me that he watched what OU did with Young last year and he envisions himself as filling that role to make it to the NBA. And, he knows that role was not a fit in GM system.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
          "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
            Horn28Clem30 commented
            Editing a comment
            Trae Young is an absolute stud, if Reaves thinks he's going to compare to him, he's crazy.

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            OU would be a great choice! Play in front of unpacked houses and on a team whose only reason their NCAA one-and-done lasted longer than 30 seconds just left for the NBA.

T

• UNI board seems to think they have a good shot at Austin. If his intent is on expanding his role, that would be a great choice. I could see him being a 1st team MVC player his junior & senior seasons after a year of strength work. The other schools on his list would likely results in a similar role that he would've played here had he stayed. The one possible exception being Michigan. He could have real value in their system.

Comment

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            Just let it go. His leaving had nothing to do with wanting an "expanded roll" or not getting along with GM.

• jdmee
            jdmee commented
            Editing a comment
            The only issue with UNI is that Reeves actually takes charges rather than just flopping.

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmm... Rolls

• The thought of Austin in an NIU uniform is vomit inducing. It's cold and you're teammates look like they were in Children of the Corn. I swear Bohannen was the real life Malachai. He would be a stud there though.

Comment

• AndShock
            AndShock commented
            Editing a comment
            I would be happy with him at UNI, that would give me a bit of closure as to the reasoning for his transfer. I think him going to OU would be vomit inducing.

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. OU = vomit, UNI = :encouragement: Reaves is exactly the type of UNI player that would come into Koch Arena and really piss us off back in the day. UNI players never look like much but they could often deliver...

T

• If he wants 40 shots a game, Evansville is the place to be

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            The Purple Pimps have a new leader. Marty Ball is in the past.

T

• You guys all have interesting takes. Not sure why you're all so impatient though. The truth will out; just have to keep an eye on Dan Muller's twitter feed.

Comment

• Reaves could be a much better defender in the MVC than in the AAC. He can DEFINITELY get to the rim and finish in the Valley. I think he'd tear that league up.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Maybe it keeps being said because it’s true. The pussyfication of the younger generation could easily be driven by the increased speed and geography by which we get our news. If you go back far enough you can read about how Abe Lincoln took care of his sister in the wilderness for 6 months at the age of 9. Things have changed for the better, but that doesn’t make these claims of being soft untrue.

This post has nothing to do with Austin.
              Was Fred Rogers soft? Was he a *****? He encouraged kids to respect others, always be nice, to openly talk about feelings. He as a gentle and kind man.

He never "took care of a sister in the wilderness for 6 months", fending off rabid bears with his fists or whatnot. I'm pretty sure he couldn't mow down scores of terrorists with an AK-47 in one hand while using the other to bludgeon Greenpeace activists with a bo staff. But he was more of a real man than most of us will ever be.

I don't want to get into a generational war here. But I will say this. A couple of generations--but one in particular--has been going on a crusade here lately to vilify Millenials or whoever doesn't meet their ever-increasingly narrow and distorted definition of "tough". And they have an ever-increasingly short memory of their own generation's failings.

So before we criticize something or someone that we don't actually understand, let's look in the mirror for awhile and ask ourselves not only if what we're saying is true, let's ask ourselves if whatever generation we belong to was really as "tough" as we think it was. If we're honest with ourselves, we'll find the answers to both questions a resounding NO.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought everyone walked uphill to school both ways.

• This topic ceased to be useful or relevant the moment Austin announced his reason(s) for leaving. It has now reached the category of Flogging a Dead Horse. and is beginning to smell like one too.

Comment

• T

Comment

• 60Shock
                  60Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perfect!

• mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird.jpeg

I'm not soft, bro.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I can honestly say if AR ends up with UNI, i will wish nothing but failure upon him and will eternally hate him. I absolutely despise UNI and that would be the ultimate slap in the face if he were to transfer there.

Comment

Working...
                  X