Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Please finish the lyric...I'm on the edge of my seat,
    He can't decide between swindle and swaddle.

I know, you're disappointed. but he did say he's not a song-writer.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He can't decide between swindle and swaddle.

I know, you're disappointed. but he did say he's not a song-writer.
      Kung Wu is being way too modest. He is a natural wordsmith with the likes of George Strait and Dewey Cox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

Kung Wu is being way too modest. He is a natural wordsmith with the likes of George Strait and Dewey Cox.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        And I can't get my wife to sw ...
        allow......her pride
        The Assman

Comment

• New update in the Eagle....pretty much same as the old update. Lots of class from Austin and a request for a touch of privacy. Pretty sure he deserves that.

Nice rebuttal article from the Sunflower. ( WstateU feel free to insert gynormous sarcasm emoji) I watched "The Post" a couple of weeks ago. I get free press and I know some of it comes with a price.

But if we, as a society, could just lean a bit in the opposite direction from "I have something to say and it's unquestionably the best flipping idea anyone has ever had and I must be heard" mentality that seems to be more and more the norm today, that would be great.

Comment

• Says he needed to move on to pursue his dream.

Comment

• I just don't understand that comment. Pursue his dream? He was my favorite player but, my gosh, playing
              here in front of ten thousand fans who love him and going to NCAA tournaments is quite a lot. Now, I
              understand his "dream" is probably playing in the NBA but at some point a young man has to be realistic.
              He is a great shooter, no doubt, but is there an NBA team that is going to gamble a first round draft pick on
              a skinny guy with shoulder problems? I seriously doubt it. In fact, he would be a target to be constantly
              roughed up. Some will say he will add maybe 30 pounds in a couple years. Maybe he will but he is already
              relatively slow compared to NBA guards and another thirty will slow him up even more. I admire him and the
              high expectations for himself but he was already on a good path. He must want to go to a school that will
              encourage him to shoot twenty times a game and score score score. Even he should know that there is
              more to the game than just shooting the rock. I don't understand but I really REALLY do hope he makes it !

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe the NBA is his dream and maybe it isn't. Not sure how any of us would know that unless Ausitn told us that was the his dream.

I thought the key comment by Austin, although not spedifice at all was: He (Austin) said his personal happiness and his fit on the team will be his priorities at the next program he plays for.

Whether that implies he wasn't happy or didn't feel like he fit in with this team was an issue is not clear but, if not, why make this comment?

What probably is true is that we won't be getting the full story for now and perhaps never. Time to let go, bid Austin farewell and wish him luck.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 30, 2018, 12:17 PM.

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              New update in the Eagle....pretty much same as the old update. Lots of class from Austin and a request for a touch of privacy. Pretty sure he deserves that.

Nice rebuttal article from the Sunflower. ( WstateU feel free to insert gynormous sarcasm emoji) I watched "The Post" a couple of weeks ago. I get free press and I know some of it comes with a price.

But if we, as a society, could just lean a bit in the opposite direction from "I have something to say and it's unquestionably the best flipping idea anyone has ever had and I must be heard" mentality that seems to be more and more the norm today, that would be great.
              101716_Sarcasm-Emoji.large.jpg?1476779527&1476725498.jpg
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
                So, to summarize 16 pages of comments, neither GM or AR has commented publicly on why AR is leaving. Lots of speculation, but no concrete answers.
                Nor do I expect any answers. To have any answers at all, both sides would need to explain their version of what happened. I doubt either will say a word about the matter.

Comment

• I think he just didn’t like GGG’s style. Be that coaching style, style of play, intensity level, obscenity level (which is high).

Comment

• Shock Top
                    Shock Top commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Better not join the military then

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Professional? Try stepping into a pro locker room and see what the language is like. LMAO

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1410 local had a discussion about the topic this morning that I accidentally caught, and they were saying something about Austin wanting more shots. Did anybody else hear this broadcast that could fill us in?

• What are you fu***** talking about?

Comment

• Old News. Move on.

Comment

• I was at my in-laws this weekend and my father-in-law's neighbor is a self proclaimed Shocker Insider and avid fan. The dude is pushing 70 so he's been a fan of the program from a long time. Anyway, he was telling us that the players basically quit on HCGM at the end of the year. He goes on to say that when the program had Coach Jans and Heiar, these two essentially acted as the 'go-betweens' from the players to the HCGM. Now that they are both gone, the players didn't have anyone to turn to voice their concerns or issues. The players also didn't like HCGM's Bobby Knight'esque style of getting in their faces, yelling and screaming and basically shut down toward the end of the year. Reeves was one of these players who didn't like that style.

I won't put too much stock into one man's POV who claims to be an 'insider' but I think we all saw a different HCGM this year - he appeared to be a bit more animated at times with his players. That said, HCGM is not the problem. I am a firm believer the current generation of kids are soft, very sensitive to criticism, are too used to having safe spaces and are emotionally unprepared at having a raised voice directed their way. If we have players who lack the mental fortitude to have someone yelling at them and it then affects their play, then they need to go. I'm a Generation X'er, if my coaches yelled at today's kids like they yelled at me, I think they'd be put in jail for child abuse these days.

Comment

• jocoshock
                        jocoshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice theory, but I saw no evidence of any players quiting on the coach. I did see evidence, borne out by statistics that had issues with defense.

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whatever the reasons were I hope Austin was totally open and honest about it with Coach Marshall. If it was primarily an issue with Coach Marshall's style or whatever the actual issues were Coach Marshall deserves to know that.

Austin seems like a very solid young man and my guess he was honest with Coach Marshall.

Hope Austin finds the situation he is looking for.

• Maybe he wanted to go somewhere that features his strong points and maybe even more playing time... Or heaven forbid be the "guy"

Comment

• My personal opinion - I don't care where he goes or how he does. I only care about current players on the team, not ones that didn't want to be a Shocker.

Comment

• Firstly: Austin did some nice things for us.

Secondly: Austin wasn't physically equipped for the type of defense 3G likes to employ.

Thirdly: If any of the double-top-secret rumors floating around regarding his transfer are true, it's best we just say thank you and goodbye. You don't need/want closure on this...

Fourthly: In HCGM We Trust - Austin's replacement will undoubtedly be bigger and faster. Both parties can look forward to exciting futures - with ours being slightly more exciting.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Jhook89
                            Jhook89 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Care to PM these said rumors?

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No way brother. Loose lips sink ships. I'm not interested in the Shocker program becoming a reality show and I'm sorry for intimating that rumors even exist. The stakes are WAY too high when you have the greatest coach in the history of your program working his ass off morning, noon, and night for the dub. Let's just bid the departed adieu and get back to discussing incoming recruits. :encouragement:

T

...:cool:
                        Working...
                        X