• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope he signs with Michigan or Butler

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodness, what would that writer from Indiana think if the Butler Brainiacs accepted a guy from lowly Wichita State of the lowly American who didn't even have his qualifying score yet when he signed with the Shocks a couple of years ago?

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    Wow...... What is going on? He is set up for this to be his team next season... I don’t get it.
    This is really sad news. I didn't see this coming. I think I need a margarita!

Comment

• My recommendation is that fans quit speculating as to why the transfers happened until after this recruiting period is over. I would hate to see us lose a recruit due to any negative or false information being put out there.

Comment

• 24 hours later I'll admit I'm still reeling a bit. And I'll never forget his game against Tulsa when he hit those seven straight threes. Man, I would have loved to have been in Koch that night because I could feel the electricity through my TV sitting way over here in DC and I'm pretty sure everybody's hair must have been standing on end by the end of the first half. Love you forever Austin!

Comment

• jazztrane
          jazztrane commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep that was a special moment, the last couple my dad and I just looked at each other with jaws dropped. I think that was the loudest I heard Koch up until the last Cincy game.

• Guessing OU or OSU

Comment

• This is PURE speculation on my part but makes sense to me. 3G is known for his very tough scrimmages.
          I think it is entirely possible he has done this for his future health - not wanting to injure himself again in
          a rough/tough scrimmage. We know he is very tough mentally but he has to know how fragile he has been
          physically. He was my favorite player and I will miss him.

Comment

• I hope he ends up at Arkansas. that would provide a positive answer to very many questions.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              This is PURE speculation on my part but makes sense to me. 3G is known for his very tough scrimmages.
              I think it is entirely possible he has done this for his future health - not wanting to injure himself again in
              a rough/tough scrimmage. We know he is very tough mentally but he has to know how fragile he has been
              physically. He was my favorite player and I will miss him.
              I completely disagree. There's no chance Austin views himself as "fragile." Did you see the way he barreled into the lane and bounced off defenders? I think he'd focus solely on being a spot up three point shooter if he were truly nervous about injuring himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I hope he ends up at Arkansas. that would provide a positive answer to very many questions.
                Arkansas State would be a logical choice also... both parents played there and he'd be the man!
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• pinstripers
                  pinstripers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He's waaaay better than that

• shock
                  shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bird was better than Indiana State, Mo was better than WSU, but home means a lot to a kid

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I completely disagree. There's no chance Austin views himself as "fragile." Did you see the way he barreled into the lane and bounced off defenders? I think he'd focus solely on being a spot up three point shooter if he were truly nervous about injuring himself.
                Right on. I think tough scrimmages are just tougher when your best friends leave, your playing time seems limited, and your playing days seem numbered. As I mentioned before, he's not the first to say, "Hey! I want to have some fun in my last few playing days, and it's not as much fun here anymore." Plus, the possible girl thing...

Comment

• If you are a basketball player at WSU and you are pining for a girl back home, well unless said girl is a med student, or last name of Walton, you are not thinking clearly.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I hope he ends up at Arkansas. that would provide a positive answer to very many questions.
                    What questions would those be? He thinks he's better than the AAC? Is that where his girlfriend attends? He wants to be closer to home? If he just wants to be closer to home, I can think of a couple universities closer to home than Fayetteville and if he chooses one of those universities there will be meltdowns of epic proportions.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      If you are a basketball player at WSU and you are pining for a girl back home, well unless said girl is a med student, or last name of Walton, you are not thinking clearly.
                      1. I do not think his NBA future earnings warrant those comparisons. I believe a teacher in Arkansas will make more than he will in the NBA.
                      2. When it comes to girls at his age, most don't think clearly. That's not a fault. :-)

Comment

• BOBB
                        BOBB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        1. My point exactly.He should be looking for earning potential in a spouse. Makeup, hair and nutrition are a lot better than 30 years ago. Plenty of hotties out there for a young dude that is on TV two nights a week. But, one that can bring home their own bacon plus some hamhock, that is a keeper.
                        Last edited by BOBB; April 20, 2018, 03:51 PM.

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      If you are a basketball player at WSU and you are pining for a girl back home, well unless said girl is a med student, or last name of Walton, you are not thinking clearly.
                      I would say you are the one not thinking clearly. You are making an assumption and then determining what someone else should prioritize in their life.

Comment

• BOBB
                        BOBB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, I am making an assumption that MOST people don't find the love of their life at 20 and the kid shouldn't be hurting for options around campus. Many fish in the sea. Now as to OregonShocker point, trying to tell that to a 20 year old in the midst of relationship issues is probably swimming upstream.

• Hearing there may be more truth than speculation to the girl thing. But it's not about a girl back home, but an ex here at WSU

Comment

Working...
                      X