No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through today, at WSU his FG% was 44.9%; 45.1% from three and 66% of his FGA were three-balls
    AT OU, his FG% is 44.9%; 31.6% from three and 42% of FGA are from three.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• For the love of god... hear me now -- Austin Reaves will not play in the NBA.

God bless him-- I'm sure he's a nice kid... but no.

Comment

• I don't think Reaves gets drafted. My logic is simple. If guys like Cle barely get drafted and Baker and FVV don't at all.... How does Reaves?

I don't really know if he's strong enough to play in the NBA. Unless you have exceptional talent, you have to be built like a tank to hang in the league.

FVV is a tank. Shamet has talent, (but he looked like he has built himself up quite a bit since leaving)
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• AR is a very good but tremendously streaky shooter. When he's on, he's great but when he's off, he doesn't have enough valuable skills to make himself a good player. If he was stronger, he could be a better defender and rebounder but he's kind of weak. He's actually a taller version of Conner. I just wish one of them or Landry had gotten hot against Cincy in the American Championship game a couple of years ago at Koch. We'd then have an American Championship banner in Koch.

Anyway I'm with the "won't be drafted group" but I didn't think that Landry would make the NBA First round, nor did I think that Fred would make it in the NBA so I'm 0-2. I wish AR well except when we play OU at IBA. I do think that AR will be a great professional player overseas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I was a Reaves fan, but that's over.

He came here with two bad shoulders and REALLY needing upper body strength, which he couldn't work on with bad shoulders.

WSU got him a top-notch Doc and fixed his shoulders. He needed a year off to recover and build up some strength. Instead of rewarding the school that got him fixed up physically, he left, which gave him the year off that he needed.

I'm just seeing a guy who signed with the only decent school that recruited him (until after Marshall offered, then others suddenly became interested), got that school to fix him up physically, and as soon as that happened, he showed no loyalty or appreciation for the opportunity he was given, and transferred to an opponent.

Loyalty should be a two-way street. With Reaves it wasn't. Maybe there were some things I'm not aware of that made his continuation at WSU incompatible. It's difficult for me to wish him well.
            I was a big Reaves fan also. I liked his story and his shot. I was never under any false impression that Austin would be some kind of standout athlete though - which he's not. He had moxie and it was his moxie that eventually caused him to leave. The adult thing to do would have been to sit down with the offending parties and settle the waters. Mr. Reaves was not magnanimous nor adultlike in how he handled the situation. He got some poor advice from his inner circle. I'm certain they wouldn't agree with me now though as they high-five each other after each subsequent B12 game but... December 14 is coming son...

T

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Oh I remember those moments. He basically costed us the Notre Dame game and the Houston conference tournament game, yada, yada, yada. Regardless, it comes off as "jilted jealous lover" when you continue to downgrade a former player at any chance possible. It's not like he just got up and left the team.
              Were you and Austin dating? C'mon friend, Austin deserves every mouthful of cat poop he's fed. And yes, he did just get up and leave the program. There's always "extenuating circumstances", but he could have done the right thing. He did the wrong thing. I'm sure he was justified in his mind, but ultimately he wasn't. He waded out into risky waters and when the sharks came he got bit. Then he ran all the way home (or to OU) crying. End of story.

Maybe he gets blocked by Dexter; then maybe he loses an arm. I dunno.

T

Comment

• Cold what inside information do you have that enables you to post the following regards Austin Reaves?

"​​​​​I was never under any false impression that Austin would be some kind of standout athlete though - which he's not. He had moxie and it was his moxie that eventually caused him to leave. The adult thing to do would have been to sit down with the offending parties and settle the waters. Mr. Reaves was not magnanimous nor adultlike in how he handled the situation."

"Were you and Austin dating? C'mon friend, Austin deserves every mouthful of cat poop he's fed. And yes, he did just get up and leave the program. There's always "extenuating circumstances", but he could have done the right thing. He did the wrong thing. I'm sure he was justified in his mind, but ultimately he wasn't. He waded out into risky waters and when the sharks came he got bit. Then he ran all the way home (or to OU) crying."

IMO your posts indicate you feel like a jilted, immature, girl sitting at home rather than attending her high school prom. Grow a pair and recognize that for some reason the Shockers lost AR's services - why I don't know and I don't think you know either. AR is playing well for the Sooners and has been the catalyst for several of their victories this season. Hopefully, AR will not light the Shockers up when they play in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  Cold what inside information do you have that enables you to post the following regards Austin Reaves?

"​​​​​I was never under any false impression that Austin would be some kind of standout athlete though - which he's not. He had moxie and it was his moxie that eventually caused him to leave. The adult thing to do would have been to sit down with the offending parties and settle the waters. Mr. Reaves was not magnanimous nor adultlike in how he handled the situation."

"Were you and Austin dating? C'mon friend, Austin deserves every mouthful of cat poop he's fed. And yes, he did just get up and leave the program. There's always "extenuating circumstances", but he could have done the right thing. He did the wrong thing. I'm sure he was justified in his mind, but ultimately he wasn't. He waded out into risky waters and when the sharks came he got bit. Then he ran all the way home (or to OU) crying."

IMO your posts indicate you feel like a jilted, immature, girl sitting at home rather than attending her high school prom. Grow a pair and recognize that for some reason the Shockers lost AR's services - why I don't know and I don't think you know either. AR is playing well for the Sooners and has been the catalyst for several of their victories this season. Hopefully, AR will not light the Shockers up when they play in Wichita.
                  I have a job to do sir. I am in no way jilted or tilted... maybe half-cocked.

That's me ^^ except with much smaller breasts.

T

Comment

He came here with two bad shoulders and REALLY needing upper body strength, which he couldn't work on with bad shoulders.

WSU got him a top-notch Doc and fixed his shoulders. He needed a year off to recover and build up some strength. Instead of rewarding the school that got him fixed up physically, he left, which gave him the year off that he needed.

I'm just seeing a guy who signed with the only decent school that recruited him (until after Marshall offered, then others suddenly became interested), got that school to fix him up physically, and as soon as that happened, he showed no loyalty or appreciation for the opportunity he was given, and transferred to an opponent.

Loyalty should be a two-way street. With Reaves it wasn't. Maybe there were some things I'm not aware of that made his continuation at WSU incompatible. It's difficult for me to wish him well.
                    Me thinks you are leaving out important parts of the story

Comment

• I'm still a Reaves fan, and I wouldn't be surprised if he leads OU in scoring this season, but he ain't gettin 20 against us

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I have a job to do sir. I am in no way jilted or tilted... maybe half-cocked.

That's me ^^ except with much smaller breasts.

T

I knew you had to wear dresses!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Were you and Austin dating? C'mon friend, Austin deserves every mouthful of cat poop he's fed. And yes, he did just get up and leave the program. There's always "extenuating circumstances", but he could have done the right thing. He did the wrong thing. I'm sure he was justified in his mind, but ultimately he wasn't. He waded out into risky waters and when the sharks came he got bit. Then he ran all the way home (or to OU) crying. End of story.

Maybe he gets blocked by Dexter; then maybe he loses an arm. I dunno.

T

How did he do the wrong thing again? You don't know how things went down with all parties.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

LOL. You are WAY out of your league on this one.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LOL. You are WAY out of your league on this one.
                              I'd rather be out of my league "on this one" than on the number where you're out of yours. You remind me of a trash-talking biddy baller.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'd rather be out of my league "on this one" than on the number where you're out of yours. You remind me of a trash-talking biddy baller.
                                Did you just call me a biddy baller immediately following a "I know you are but what am I" comeback?

Don't get so rattled Aargh. All I'm saying is don't comment on situations you know nothing about because it's quite obvious you know zero details about the whole deal.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X