Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think this loss is as bad...

... as KU losing to Oral Bob at home? :shock:

Get over it Shocker Nation. All teams take poopers every now and then regardless of the talent differential. No one is taking this loss harder than Gregg. HCGM is probably in his bathroom right now spilling his guts as we speak. We will regroup. We will get better.

HCGM's resume carries a lot of weight and we need to appreciate the wins instead of expecting them. Regardless of how we do this year, next year is guaranteed to be much better!

Let's do our best to show our admiration and appreciation for this man and make him feel like he is part of a family... a family he won't want to leave when things are good again... *hint* *hint*

T

...8)

I am not broken hearted about losing to UMKC. It's a bit more confirmation of the reality check that I think most of us have already taken.

I sleep well at night, even after games like this, because Marshall is our coach and Schaus is our AD.

Losing games like this is something we will have to endure on the way to getting better.

Is it as bad as ORU vs. KU? Relatively speaking yes and no. Yes, because it was a bad loss; no becasue at least we lost on the road.. Losing at CKA... that would have been just as bad....
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
      I am not broken hearted about losing to UMKC. It's a bit more confirmation of the reality check that I think most of us have already taken.

I sleep well at night, even after games like this, because Marshall is our coach and Schaus is our AD.

Losing games like this is something we will have to endure on the way to getting better.

Is it as bad as ORU vs. KU? Relatively speaking yes and no. Yes, because it was a bad loss; no becasue at least we lost on the road.. Losing at CKA... that would have been just as bad....
      Yea, but didn't they just lose at home to a hyphenated team from Texas?
      Just a glance at the upcoming schedule and much mentioned LSU/UAB visitors followed by Drake and ILSU and then on the road for 4 out of 5 to the toughest places in the Valley. RDR may have been right. It might end up getting downright ugly. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

game

the brooklyn dodgers mantra was something to the effect of 'we'll get them next year."

this is shaping up to be a long season from a W/L perspective.

Comment

I love GM and have full confidence he will restore this program to a high level. It is not fair to compare KU's loss to ORU to our loss to UMKC however. KU can afford to lose a game like that, there is no question they'll be in the post-season. I just want to be .500 this year, a loss to UMKC, a winnable game, seriously hurts the Shox's chances.

When you have played the 180th ranked schedule, there shouldn't be any excuse to be 5 and 4 for a program coming from what is considered to be the best mid-major conference in the nation and what has been the 6th and 7th best conference in the nation.

We freakin' lost to an inferior UMKC team, we lost to a 2 - 8 Monmouth team who now has losses to Sacred Heart and St. Peter's? Ughh! And I don't care what anyone says, we should have won at home against UTA.

I'm giving GM a pass this season. He's rebuilding and I understand that. I'm a big picture guy and understand next year will be a total 180 from this season, but having hope that this team will get it turned around this season and make some sort of magical run is comical. We are what we are, a borderline .500 team and that's all this team will be.

If the Valley wasn't down this year, we definitely would have no chance of being a .500 team, so with that, I'm thankful.

By the way, our RPI is now 157.

Comment

I knew UMKC was not a team to be looked past! The answer is no. In the long run this loss is going to benefit the Shocks! As our young players mature they will understand the parity in college basketball. :posterwu: 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

you're right this loss probably will benefit us.

i was much more embarrassed by losing to texas arlington. they were awful.

umkc wasn't great, but neither were we.

i havn't checked any of the other threads yet, so i don't know how most people feel on this subject... BUT i wasn't praticularly fond of the calls in this game.
              texas arlington game i was fine with the refs... this one not so much. having PJ foul out and having many players with foul trouble changed this game.

overall, this game was disgusting to watch. sloppy, and unexciting... with that all said...

lets go shocks!! lets learn from it and kick some ass!!
              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Re: Do you think this loss is as bad...

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                ... as KU losing to Oral Bob at home? :shock:

Get over it Shocker Nation. All teams take poopers every now and then regardless of the talent differential. No one is taking this loss harder than Gregg. HCGM is probably in his bathroom right now spilling his guts as we speak. We will regroup. We will get better.

HCGM's resume carries a lot of weight and we need to appreciate the wins instead of expecting them. Regardless of how we do this year, next year is guaranteed to be much better!

Let's do our best to show our admiration and appreciation for this man and make him feel like he is part of a family... a family he won't want to leave when things are good again... *hint* *hint*

T

...8)

I'd say it's about equal in some regards...
                ku was a very talented team losing to a very talented team at home.
                wsu's an ok at best team losing to an ok at best team at their home.

ku game was nationally televised i believe... even if it wasn't it was KU at HOME. they were ranked..

the media actually cares when KU loses.. not so much wichita state.
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Hey....reality check.

It's time to buck up folks!! Instead of sitting here having a "PITY PARTY", show the love and respect the players out there busting their azzes to win for you and thier university!!

We have outrebounded our opposition in 8 of our 9 games, and are allowing just 60 points per game.

We have yet to lose by more than 9, have been in every game, (except maybe Baylor, but we stayed within striking distance), and with the exception of Monmouth have not played horribly, just not good enough to win.

The offense will come around, and when it does...

Defense and Rebounding will win a lot of games, and this is not a "GIMME" year, or a year where the team gets a "PASS".

It's time to buck up, see the positives that are happening on the court, and SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!

Comment

hmmm ku did have what like 8 all americans?

Heres another quesiton.
                    Whats worse being bad when being great isnt expected or
                    like ku,
                    having a bunch of cocky buttholes walking around every year saying their teams the best ever...
                    and for twenty years of tons of all americans not winning a natty Championship....

?
                    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

At least ORU was a good team. UMKC is not. As bad as the loss to UTA was, at least they are decent. A team we should beat but decent. The Roos are not and this game should have been won by no less than 15 and probably 20+.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Monmouth, UTA at home, UMKC, --Not good at all. You cant lose to UMKC.

I have faith in Marshall, but at the beginning of the year when I looked at WSU's schedule I had them at 2 losses at this point in the schedule.

Much improvement is needed to finish in the top half of the valley. Thank god the valley is down this year.

Comment

This is alot worse than KU losing to ORU.

IMHO, much improvement is needed to finish in the top 8 and out of the first day of the MVC tournament.

Comment

I am giving GM a pass this year as well. But looking at the talent on our team and the talent for the teams we have lost to , with th exception of Baylor, and I start to wonder.

Does it really matter that we are rebuilding in order to win the 3 games against UTA, Monmouth and UMKC? Our talent level is not that bad. We have some pretty experienced players and should not be losing to these teams regardless of the circumstances. Period.

I'm not sure what is going on. I'm not sure if GM is trying to ease into this thing or what. I trust in GM and am very optimistic on the future, but at the same time, I'm getting a little tired of hearing the underlying tone that in some sick, twisted way, we are sacraficing these W's and they are somehow adding fuel to the long term success of the program. I say that is B.S. To quote James 'The Grim Reaper' Roper', "My blackness will beat him!" Or something to that affect. We could have just showed up and won 3 of our 4 losses.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                              This is alot worse than KU losing to ORU.

IMHO, much improvement is needed to finish in the top 8 and out of the first day of the MVC tournament.
                              It's the Top 6 in the Valley to keep from playing on Thursday and unless things change in hurry, it's a very strong possibility. I hope it doesn't happen as it's no fun going to STL knowing you have zippo chance of cutting down the nets on Sunday. Winning 4 games in 4 days is one tough deal, evidenced by the fact no team has ever done it. 8)
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                              X